Train passenger killed by tree branch

Train passenger killed by tree branch

Author
Discussion

Wobbegong

Original Poster:

12,006 posts

119 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
https://news.sky.com/story/woman-fatally-struck-by...

While the train was moving at about 85mph, she decided to open a window (beneath a warning sticker telling her not to) and stuck her head out. Unfortunately her head made contact with a tree branch that killed her.

Obviously hadn’t read the Roald Dahl train safety books


227bhp

10,114 posts

78 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all

Seti

1,880 posts

154 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
I understand she put her head out to be sick not for any joyful purpose.

Noodle1982

1,479 posts

56 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
227bhp said:
rofl

'do not lean out of the window. I wonder why?'

turbomoped

1,174 posts

33 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
why do trains have windows that open more than a few inches anyway?
Just the usual flippin lazy people running anything related to safety. Did they go to school with the tower block fire safety boys?

RDMcG

14,305 posts

157 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
The branch did nothing. The passenger killed the passenger

poo at Paul's

8,524 posts

125 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
Seti said:
I understand she put her head out to be sick not for any joyful purpose.
Was she pissed up? Surely if compus mentis you'd just go to the lavvy?

rscott

9,686 posts

141 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
turbomoped said:
why do trains have windows that open more than a few inches anyway?
Just the usual flippin lazy people running anything related to safety. Did they go to school with the tower block fire safety boys?
So passengers can open the doors - some carriages only have external door handles.

DoubleD

10,533 posts

58 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
Was it a branch line?

speedyguy

4,258 posts

153 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
rscott said:
turbomoped said:
why do trains have windows that open more than a few inches anyway?
Just the usual flippin lazy people running anything related to safety. Did they go to school with the tower block fire safety boys?
So passengers can open the doors - some carriages only have external door handles.
Probably to stop the fookwits who stick their head out of windows from opening the doors by accident if they had internal handles.

LaurasOtherHalf

16,251 posts

146 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
If you can make a door that doesn’t open when moving, why not a window?

DoubleD

10,533 posts

58 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
LaurasOtherHalf said:
If you can make a door that doesn’t open when moving, why not a window?
Or just have a sticker saying that its not a good idea to poke your head out the window.

Then if you do.....well on your head be it.

DrDeAtH

3,254 posts

182 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
Leaf it out for gods sake....

Sixpackpert

3,993 posts

164 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
DoubleD said:
Was it a branch line?
laugh

Jasandjules

63,585 posts

179 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
Poor girl.

Zarco

12,883 posts

159 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
DoubleD said:
LaurasOtherHalf said:
If you can make a door that doesn’t open when moving, why not a window?
Or just have a sticker saying that its not a good idea to poke your head out the window.

Then if you do.....well on your head be it.
Quite.

tannhauser

1,183 posts

165 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
LaurasOtherHalf said:
If you can make a door that doesn’t open when moving, why not a window?
So you've never been on old rolling stock? rolleyes

Zarco

12,883 posts

159 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
tannhauser said:
LaurasOtherHalf said:
If you can make a door that doesn’t open when moving, why not a window?
So you've never been on old rolling stock? rolleyes
To be fair, perhaps we could have new rolling stock by now. Slam doors were designed in what? 1970s?


tannhauser

1,183 posts

165 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
Zarco said:
tannhauser said:
LaurasOtherHalf said:
If you can make a door that doesn’t open when moving, why not a window?
So you've never been on old rolling stock? rolleyes
To be fair, perhaps we could have new rolling stock by now. Slam doors were designed in what? 1970s?
Probably Victorian times?!

DoubleD

10,533 posts

58 months

Friday 11th January 2019
quotequote all
Well in that case, we have had a long time to learn that sticking your head out the window isnt a good idea.