Harry and Meghan

Author
Discussion

hurstg01

2,727 posts

207 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
Thesprucegoose said:
He seemed alright until he met her.
+1

Mothersruin

8,573 posts

63 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
Thesprucegoose said:
He seemed alright until he met her.
I think he's been totally pussy struck and went just that bit too far down the road and couldn't turn back.

I have a sneaking suspicion he's going to be absolutely miserable for a long time.

Oh well, his bed... I just hope she doesn't damage the Royals as a whole - she could make Diana look like their best friend.

Mothersruin

8,573 posts

63 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
Nezquick said:
Now he's with Meghan, it's abundantly clear that she wears the trousers and he just goes along with whatever she wants. Some of the stuff she (they) come out with is utter nonsense.
Reminds me of Paul McCartney and Heather Mills.

There was an interview with the both of them that he'd obviously been dragged along to - something about seals I think - and she went off on one, ranting and raving realising that she'd actually made it onto the News at Six rather than the local gazette, and he looked extremely embarrassed, uncomfortable, and you could see in his eyes that he was really unhappy and deeply regretting one of his life choices...

Steviesam

988 posts

98 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
I think you all believe what you read in the papers. They make this st up and whip up the anti Meghan stuff.

The story about them telling "neighbours" not to talk to them or pet their dog? Utter bks.

I spent the day with the pair of them, in a private, off duty family get together. You couldn't meet nicer, funnier and considerate people.

spaximus

3,770 posts

217 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
Steviesam said:
I think you all believe what you read in the papers. They make this st up and whip up the anti Meghan stuff.

The story about them telling "neighbours" not to talk to them or pet their dog? Utter bks.

I spent the day with the pair of them, in a private, off duty family get together. You couldn't meet nicer, funnier and considerate people.
I am sure they are in private, but when you get statements saying they will only have two kids to save the planet and yet they fly in helicopters and jets at the drop of a hat, it serves to just annoy others who work harder than they do to help pay for them.

I have never been a fan of royalty, but even I can see the devotion the Queen has for the commonwealth and the UK is unquestionable and her service to it.

Other minor royals need to take a leaf out of her book and not rub people's faces in it.

Google [bot]

5,340 posts

145 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
Steviesam said:
I spent the day with the pair of them, in a private, off duty family get together. You couldn't meet nicer, funnier and considerate people.
Agreed.

Mort7

1,482 posts

72 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
Echo66 said:
Mort7 said:
She's more like a modern day Wallis Simpson.

I used to be ambivalent about the Royals. I wouldn't cross the road to meet one, but believed a constitutional monarchy to be preferable to becoming a republic (President Tony and First Lady Cherie anyone?), but now I despise them all, with the exception of HMQ and the DofE. There are far too many of them living grace and favour lives but giving nothing in return, they have absolutely no understanding of the lives of ordinary people, and they are entitled and self-indulgent individuals who seem to expect to be treated like super-celebrities to be bowed and scraped to.

The family needs to be slimmed down dramatically, have a single royal residence for the monarch and heir to the throne only, and the remainder should ditch their ridiculous medieval titles and make their own way in the world. And while we're at it the entire honours system should be ditched too.

Edited by Mort7 on Wednesday 31st July 10:35
Have a word with yourself. The bloke spent a fair number of years serving the country in some pretty stty conditions at great risk to himself. More than can be said for the vast majority having a pop at him & his missus. He's also by all accounts a top bloke & very very down to earth. You don't get to the heady heights he achieved with the AAC by being a token royal with a chip on his shoulder. His lass seems a fairly normal woman with a fecked up bunch of a family not happy with the fact they're long standing ambivalence towards her once she got some decent TV roles & fecked them off....& fair enough judging by the crap they spout. They're also heavily involved in masses of charity work, again how many whining voices can claim the same. Harry almost single handedly got Invictus going on his tod. Now she digs in too.
I've had a word with myself, and come to exactly the same conclusion. If the newspapers are to be believed the Queen's children are a waste of space. Their reported achievements include three divorces, adultery, questionable financial dealings, dodgy friends, getting caught up in scams, petulant behaviour, etc, etc.

Lots of people serve their country in stty conditions (my father was at Dunkirk), but they aren't protected while they're out there, and they don't come back to a life of privileged opulence - in fact a good number end up on the streets. I don't deny Harry's good work, but he's also been a prize idiot on a number of occasions, and behaves more like a celebrity than a member of a royal family IMO.

Edited to add that marrying someone famous doesn't count for anything in my book.

Edited by Mort7 on Wednesday 31st July 13:11

Echo66

382 posts

153 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
Mort7 said:
Echo66 said:
Mort7 said:
She's more like a modern day Wallis Simpson.

I used to be ambivalent about the Royals. I wouldn't cross the road to meet one, but believed a constitutional monarchy to be preferable to becoming a republic (President Tony and First Lady Cherie anyone?), but now I despise them all, with the exception of HMQ and the DofE. There are far too many of them living grace and favour lives but giving nothing in return, they have absolutely no understanding of the lives of ordinary people, and they are entitled and self-indulgent individuals who seem to expect to be treated like super-celebrities to be bowed and scraped to.

The family needs to be slimmed down dramatically, have a single royal residence for the monarch and heir to the throne only, and the remainder should ditch their ridiculous medieval titles and make their own way in the world. And while we're at it the entire honours system should be ditched too.

Edited by Mort7 on Wednesday 31st July 10:35
Have a word with yourself. The bloke spent a fair number of years serving the country in some pretty stty conditions at great risk to himself. More than can be said for the vast majority having a pop at him & his missus. He's also by all accounts a top bloke & very very down to earth. You don't get to the heady heights he achieved with the AAC by being a token royal with a chip on his shoulder. His lass seems a fairly normal woman with a fecked up bunch of a family not happy with the fact they're long standing ambivalence towards her once she got some decent TV roles & fecked them off....& fair enough judging by the crap they spout. They're also heavily involved in masses of charity work, again how many whining voices can claim the same. Harry almost single handedly got Invictus going on his tod. Now she digs in too.
I've had a word with myself, and come to exactly the same conclusion. If the newspapers are to be believed the Queen's children are a waste of space. Their reported achievements include three divorces, adultery, questionable financial dealings, dodgy friends, getting caught up in scams, petulant behaviour, etc, etc.

Lots of people serve their country in stty conditions (my father was at Dunkirk), but they aren't protected while they're out there, and they don't come back to a life of privileged opulence - in fact a good number end up on the streets. I don't deny Harry's good work, but he's also been a prize idiot on a number of occasions, and behaves more like a celebrity than a member of a royal family IMO.

Edited to add that marrying someone famous doesn't count for anything in my book.

Edited by Mort7 on Wednesday 31st July 13:11
So the RF is no different to any other family then. Who knew.

Harry had no additional protection out anywhere & certainly didn't on his Herrick tours. He was with a fair few thousand other blokes & lasses who had big guns & stuff. On top of that the very many times he was outside the wire he was flying one of the prime Taliban targets that they've tried on many occasions to bring down.
Many people come back to an opulent lifestyle, so what, thats life. And 'a good number' on the streets actually equates to the number of ex-squaddies dossing down being no higher as a percentage than the rest of the civ population, despite what the media would have you believe. That aside, his never ending work for mil charities is well known.
As for being an idiot on a number of occasions, thats what most people do, again thats life. No one is perfect.

And since when did anyone believe a newspaper article? Its just facile gossip from no marks with an axe to grind or an agenda to follow.

Cotty

35,590 posts

248 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
Harry H said:
The Queen/ Charles need to sit Megan down and explain the difference between Royalty and Celebrity. She's confused and getting it very wrong at the moment. Harry's just a bit thick and easily led.
Think you have hit the nail on the head.

She keeps insisting on privacy, but you don't get that if you are royal (or marry into it). She can have her privacy, ps off somewhere and don't come back.

Noodle1982

2,103 posts

70 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
She reminds me too much of AOC.

I hate her too.

Shakermaker

11,317 posts

64 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
I rather like them, no particular ill will towards either of them.

Would invite them to a barbeque/garden party.

Harry H

2,228 posts

120 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
Steviesam said:
I think you all believe what you read in the papers. They make this st up and whip up the anti Meghan stuff.
You're right we do need to be careful. But the Wimbledon PR fiasco is pretty cut and dry by the looks of it. As Joe Bloggs I wouldn't stand a chance in hell of getting the prime seats at a major match. She got hers only because of who she married which in my book means it came with the job and was therefore not a private outing.

The recent article about who can and can't talk to them whilst at home was just "fake news"

thebraketester

10,964 posts

102 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
Harry H said:
The Queen/ Charles need to sit Megan down and explain the difference between Royalty and Celebrity. She's confused and getting it very wrong at the moment. Harry's just a bit thick and easily led.

She's a C lister that now thinks she's an A lister not by her own talent but by marriage and it's all gone a bit to her head when in actual fact she's neither and a Royal which demands something completely different.

If she doesn't learn soon it's going to end in tears.
C list? Wasn’t she the American equivalent Sonia off Eastenders? Z list at best....

Pericoloso

44,044 posts

127 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
Noodle1982 said:
She reminds me too much of AOC.

I hate her too.
I Googled that and all I found was some female American politician I've never heard of......confused

epicfail

46 posts

99 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
Ann of Cleeves?

Mort7

1,482 posts

72 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
Echo66 said:
So the RF is no different to any other family then. Who knew.
They are quite different. They lead opulent, privileged and entitled lives at the expense of the taxpayer. Their side of the deal is that they should remain beyond reproach in all aspects of their lives, be apolitical, keep their opinions to themselves, and act as an example to the rest of us. They have failed to do that.

Echo66 said:
Harry had no additional protection out anywhere.....
Plenty of reports say otherwise. Here are two picked at random:-

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-harry...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/armed-guards-for-har...

More facile gossip from newspapers, no doubt. It really is surprising just how many of them have an axe to grind. I wonder why?

Echo66 said:
Many people come back to an opulent lifestyle, so what, thats life.
Few have five cottages on a royal estate converted into one massive home at a cost of £2.4 million to the taxpayer, despite plans to move to Africa at a later date - presumably also at taxpayers' expense.

I'm intrigued to know - do you know Harry? Did you perhaps serve alongside him and therefore have inside information that the newspapers don't have access to, or are you simply an ardent Royalist?


Shakermaker

11,317 posts

64 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
Pericoloso said:
Noodle1982 said:
She reminds me too much of AOC.

I hate her too.
I Googled that and all I found was some female American politician I've never heard of......confused
That's exactly who he is referring to - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez


citizensm1th

7,965 posts

101 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
Shakermaker said:
Pericoloso said:
Noodle1982 said:
She reminds me too much of AOC.

I hate her too.
I Googled that and all I found was some female American politician I've never heard of......confused
That's exactly who he is referring to - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Noodle will probably explode if she ever makes it to the white house

Frank7

6,619 posts

51 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
epicfail said:
Ann of Cleeves?
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, (R)
Representative for the 14th District of New York’s Congressional District ?
ETA, Sorry, didn’t see that Shakermaker had already made the connection,
but what’s she done that’s so bad to bring out the haters?

Edited by Frank7 on Wednesday 31st July 17:13

psi310398

7,034 posts

167 months

Wednesday 31st July 2019
quotequote all
Mind you, the Duchess of Sussex is so woke that she serves to make Charles’ rather outlandish views look sane and middle of the road.