Welsh lockdown

Author
Discussion

Evanivitch

8,798 posts

86 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
Matt.. said:
Evanivitch said:
What are you defining as the valleys?
Cwm Taf Morgannwg health board.
Bridgend is not the bleeding valleys laugh

Matt..

3,212 posts

153 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
Evanivitch said:
Bridgend is not the bleeding valleys laugh
No it is not.

Wales gives stats by health board. That health board covers much of the more populous parts of the valleys, plus other areas such as Bridgend.

Evanivitch

8,798 posts

86 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
Matt.. said:
Evanivitch said:
Bridgend is not the bleeding valleys laugh
No it is not.

Wales gives stats by health board. That health board covers much of the more populous parts of the valleys, plus other areas such as Bridgend.
Then I strongly disagree with your use of the term valleys in the previous post because it includes Porthcawl (retirement town) and excludes Swansea and Neath-PT valleys.

bazza white

2,962 posts

92 months

Sunday 28th February
quotequote all
Matt.. said:
It's interesting to look at the stats now it's been a year since the first case in Wales. Here are some random ones:

0.5% of the deaths are below 40. That equates to less than 27 people (~11 male, ~16 female).
The valleys has had 1.75x the death rate of the nearest other health board in Wales (325/100k vs 190/100k for the next nearest).
50% more tests on women.
230 days of lockdown with full travel restrictions (exercise must begin and end at home). This is 63% of the year.

Edited by Matt.. on Sunday 28th February 16:55
does the 230days include the local lockdowns, guessing not. I remember few weeks start of December free but cant remember much other freedom.

bazza white

2,962 posts

92 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
R Mutt said:
Its pretty well known not to drive somewhere for exercise in wales. Odds are she was told to go home nicely and then kicked up a fuss.


ATG

17,614 posts

236 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
bazza white said:
R Mutt said:
Its pretty well known not to drive somewhere for exercise in wales. Odds are she was told to go home nicely and then kicked up a fuss.
And the police keep saying "if you give me your details we can deal with this here and now" and they keep refusing. What did they think the outcome of refusing to answer a simple question and then shouting at the police was going to be?

Evanivitch

8,798 posts

86 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
ATG said:
bazza white said:
R Mutt said:
Its pretty well known not to drive somewhere for exercise in wales. Odds are she was told to go home nicely and then kicked up a fuss.
And the police keep saying "if you give me your details we can deal with this here and now" and they keep refusing. What did they think the outcome of refusing to answer a simple question and then shouting at the police was going to be?
McEvoy as usual getting the detail wrong. The man on the bench had shown no sign of driving to that location. The couple in video clearly had. Evidence that a crime was committed. Provide name for ticket or be arrested. 3 hours in custody is reasonable for a £60 ticket, so no need to press further.

Matt..

3,212 posts

153 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
bazza white said:
does the 230days include the local lockdowns, guessing not. I remember few weeks start of December free but cant remember much other freedom.
23-Mar-2020 -> 07-Jul-2020 = 105
26-Sep-2020 -> 09-Nov-2020 = 44 (local lockdown and firebreak)
12-Dec-2020 -> 23-Mar-2021 = 93
= 231 (63% of the past year)

This is for Cardiff but will be very similar for most of Wales some places were longer, very few are less as these rules were generally applied for the entire country. This also assumes the stay at home rule changes on 23rd March.

The only months last year without travel restrictions were January, February and August.

Edited by Matt.. on Monday 1st March 15:00

milkround

967 posts

43 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
ATG said:
bazza white said:
R Mutt said:
Its pretty well known not to drive somewhere for exercise in wales. Odds are she was told to go home nicely and then kicked up a fuss.
And the police keep saying "if you give me your details we can deal with this here and now" and they keep refusing. What did they think the outcome of refusing to answer a simple question and then shouting at the police was going to be?
He wasn't being that aggressive. I understand the police have a difficult job to do. But compare that bloke with this muppet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq3bqeCvcF4&t=...

(Video includes loads of swearing and stupidity so don't open it at work or around kids). I was sent the video by someone I know who lives in Ireland as allegedly the bloke in it robs drug dealers and stole a lot of money from an Irish guy who lived in Dubai likes boxing - but who is certainly not involved in criminality at all.

Screaming swear words at the police. Threatening them. Stopping them from entering his car. Even bragging about his money him being a' bad boy' and even saying he would have driven off if it was him driving.

If I were the Polish/Romanian bloke and I compared myself to him I'd feel massively picked on. Seems like if you are going to raise your voice to the police slightly make sure they are at least somewhat intimidated by you.

ATG

17,614 posts

236 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
milkround said:
If I were the Polish/Romanian bloke and I compared myself to him I'd feel massively picked on. Seems like if you are going to raise your voice to the police slightly make sure they are at least somewhat intimidated by you.
In the latter case the police managed to do what they were trying to do in spite of "rude boy" being rude, i.e. they checked who was driving the car. Rude boy was being a pain, but he wasn't actually stopping them from doing their job.

robuk

821 posts

154 months

Monday 1st March
quotequote all
ATG said:
And the police keep saying "if you give me your details we can deal with this here and now" and they keep refusing. What did they think the outcome of refusing to answer a simple question and then shouting at the police was going to be?
The guy seems to be a 'plandemic' type https://north.wales/news/man-who-claims-coronaviru... so to be expected really.

I would have more respect if he just came out and said he thought it was all a fake and vaccines were “the first step to mass human genetic engineering” to the police, rather than the rest of the guff in the video.


robuk

821 posts

154 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
This thread has gone very quiet - Wales leading the way in vaccinations not a good thing?

Interesting on business rates today - 12 months full holiday v 3 months etc.

m_cozzy

250 posts

148 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
My only interest in this thread is when the sodding mountain bikeparks reopen. Getting a bit bored riding in flat old England.

survivalist

3,312 posts

154 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
m_cozzy said:
My only interest in this thread is when the sodding mountain bikeparks reopen. Getting a bit bored riding in flat old England.
Plenty of non-flat areas in England. Drive to one of those.

phil_cardiff

5,267 posts

172 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
robuk said:
This thread has gone very quiet - Wales leading the way in vaccinations not a good thing?

Interesting on business rates today - 12 months full holiday v 3 months etc.
NPE is not the place for balance laugh

phil_cardiff

5,267 posts

172 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
survivalist said:
m_cozzy said:
My only interest in this thread is when the sodding mountain bikeparks reopen. Getting a bit bored riding in flat old England.
Plenty of non-flat areas in England. Drive to one of those.
Or...once we return to some semblance of normality come to Wales and enjoy yourself. I'm hoping to visit Dorset for a week in June, don't see why people shouldn't come to Wales when they can.

ATG

17,614 posts

236 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Excuse the terrible photos, but for those wishing to kill themselves on their bikes, our neighbour built this series of huge jumps:



First photo shows the top section where you wip round a 90 degree ramp to launch onto that wooden platform. You then jump off that and hit a series of huge earth jumps that the second photo shows from left to right. You get no sense of scale from the ste photos, but the earth ramps must be about 3m high at least.

Edited by ATG on Wednesday 3rd March 22:59

bodhi

6,189 posts

193 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
survivalist said:
m_cozzy said:
My only interest in this thread is when the sodding mountain bikeparks reopen. Getting a bit bored riding in flat old England.
Plenty of non-flat areas in England. Drive to one of those.
How long have you worked for the Welsh Tourist Board?


robuk

821 posts

154 months

Thursday 11th March
quotequote all
Thread quiet again as all is well?

https://twitter.com/suecresswell01/status/13701188...



Leak of the Welsh Government announcement