burn a koran day

Author
Discussion

Marf

22,907 posts

197 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
XJR500bhp said:
Can I ask your religious beliefs?
I'm not a muslim. wink



XJR500bhp said:
If they are British, then it's just another way in which this country is going down the stter. Do that kind of protesting in quwait and you'll get shot.
Just another example of why our way is better than theirs.

Edited by Marf on Friday 10th September 13:36

ewenm

28,506 posts

201 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
XJR500bhp said:
Marf said:
Much as you probably don't like to be told this, if those guys are british, they are being protected by their police too. wink

You really need to raise your game instead of flinging all these emotional hyperbole about wink
Can I ask your religious beliefs?

If they are British, then it's just another way in which this country is going down the stter. Do that kind of protesting in quwait and you'll get shot.
So a country where people who protest (fairly offensively in this case but still it's just words) get shot is better than a country that believes in free speech? What if YOU say something lots of other people don't like? Are you happy to be punished for that?

XJR500bhp

1,122 posts

166 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
Marf said:
XJR500bhp said:
Can I ask your religious beliefs?
I'm not a muslim. wink



XJR500bhp said:
If they are British, then it's just another way in which this country is going down the stter. Do that kind of protesting in quwait and you'll get shot.
Just another example of why our way is better than theirs.

Edited by Marf on Friday 10th September 13:36
IN that instance yes your correct, But do those sites not anger you as a british citizen? (assuming you are one)

Marf

22,907 posts

197 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
XJR500bhp said:
Marf said:
XJR500bhp said:
Can I ask your religious beliefs?
I'm not a muslim. wink



XJR500bhp said:
If they are British, then it's just another way in which this country is going down the stter. Do that kind of protesting in quwait and you'll get shot.
Just another example of why our way is better than theirs.

Edited by Marf on Friday 10th September 13:36
IN that instance yes your correct, But do those sites not anger you as a british citizen? (assuming you are one)
Yes, I'm a british citizen, thanks very much. I guess you thought given my stance on this issue I was a muslim immigrant? scratchchin

Do they anger me? No, they make me pity them.

XJR500bhp

1,122 posts

166 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
Marf said:
XJR500bhp said:
Marf said:
XJR500bhp said:
Can I ask your religious beliefs?
I'm not a muslim. wink



XJR500bhp said:
If they are British, then it's just another way in which this country is going down the stter. Do that kind of protesting in quwait and you'll get shot.
Just another example of why our way is better than theirs.

Edited by Marf on Friday 10th September 13:36
IN that instance yes your correct, But do those sites not anger you as a british citizen? (assuming you are one)
Yes, I'm a british citizen, thanks very much. I guess you thought given my stance on this issue I was a muslim immigrant? scratchchin

Do they anger me? No, they make me pity them.
I didn't assume, to assume is to make an "ass" of "u" and "me"

joe_90

4,205 posts

187 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
bales said:
jains15 said:
I know loads of Christians, none of them are like Pastor Jones. I know a decent number of Muslims too, none of them are like OBL or even the flag burning idiots.

Conclusion, the people we see on the news are just the idiots. There's always idiots, don't judge a whole load of people because of the idiots. I would say this to anyone as well, on both sides and worldwide in fact.
I think the difference is there a whole load of idiots and not just a tiny minority as there are in this country.

I think its very easy to say ignore it they are just idiots, but these idiots seem to be able to dictate to the rest of normal population.
I think 'these' idiots are a tiny tiny percentage, but just get loads of media attention.

Marf

22,907 posts

197 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
XJR500bhp said:
Marf said:
XJR500bhp said:
Marf said:
XJR500bhp said:
Can I ask your religious beliefs?
I'm not a muslim. wink



XJR500bhp said:
If they are British, then it's just another way in which this country is going down the stter. Do that kind of protesting in quwait and you'll get shot.
Just another example of why our way is better than theirs.

Edited by Marf on Friday 10th September 13:36
IN that instance yes your correct, But do those sites not anger you as a british citizen? (assuming you are one)
Yes, I'm a british citizen, thanks very much. I guess you thought given my stance on this issue I was a muslim immigrant? scratchchin

Do they anger me? No, they make me pity them.
I didn't assume, to assume is to make an "ass" of "u" and "me"
Indeed.

Anyway, back to your point. Are you blind to the fact that by getting angry you are in fact just playing right into their hands, sowing the seeds of division further into society?

These religious idiots are not worth my anger. It's a shame that more people don't share that view.

Edited by Marf on Friday 10th September 13:46

ewenm

28,506 posts

201 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
The media love idiots - they make for good sellable coverage, and at the other end of the transmission lap up everything the media tells them, especially if it confirms their own prejudices.

Most news coverage seems to be images of idiots packaged for non-critical viewing by idiots.

bales

1,905 posts

174 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
joe_90 said:
bales said:
jains15 said:
I know loads of Christians, none of them are like Pastor Jones. I know a decent number of Muslims too, none of them are like OBL or even the flag burning idiots.

Conclusion, the people we see on the news are just the idiots. There's always idiots, don't judge a whole load of people because of the idiots. I would say this to anyone as well, on both sides and worldwide in fact.
I think the difference is there a whole load of idiots and not just a tiny minority as there are in this country.

I think its very easy to say ignore it they are just idiots, but these idiots seem to be able to dictate to the rest of normal population.
I think 'these' idiots are a tiny tiny percentage, but just get loads of media attention.
I don't mean in this country I mean in others, for example the attack on the NATO base as reported in the earlier link to the Guardian article. There are thousands of people demonstrating, thats not a tiny minority.

XJR500bhp

1,122 posts

166 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
Marf said:
XJR500bhp said:
Marf said:
XJR500bhp said:
Marf said:
XJR500bhp said:
Can I ask your religious beliefs?
I'm not a muslim. wink



XJR500bhp said:
If they are British, then it's just another way in which this country is going down the stter. Do that kind of protesting in quwait and you'll get shot.
Just another example of why our way is better than theirs.

Edited by Marf on Friday 10th September 13:36
IN that instance yes your correct, But do those sites not anger you as a british citizen? (assuming you are one)
Yes, I'm a british citizen, thanks very much. I guess you thought given my stance on this issue I was a muslim immigrant? scratchchin

Do they anger me? No, they make me pity them.
I didn't assume, to assume is to make an "ass" of "u" and "me"
Indeed.

Anyway, back to your point. Are you blind to the fact that by getting angry you are in fact just playing right into their hands, sowing the seeds of division further into society?

These religious idiots are not worth my anger. It's a shame that more people don't share that view.

Edited by Marf on Friday 10th September 13:46
Your probaly right, lets leave it there

Nickellarse

533 posts

145 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
I laughed my ass off when he called off the burning after hearing that the Mosque was going to be moved. What a plonker.

The whole situation is FUBAR.rolleyes

Why can't everyone just live in peace man. smokinwink

Scrubs

556 posts

160 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
It's all old news anyway, this lot got in first with burning the Special K in 2008

http://richarddawkins.net/articles/515425-qur-an-b...

Bill

42,138 posts

211 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
bales said:
I don't mean in this country I mean in others, for example the attack on the NATO base as reported in the earlier link to the Guardian article. There are thousands of people demonstrating, thats not a tiny minority.
150 outside the base according to the Beeb, and "thousands" out of a population of 28 million in total.

That is a tiny minority.

Marf

22,907 posts

197 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
Bill said:
bales said:
I don't mean in this country I mean in others, for example the attack on the NATO base as reported in the earlier link to the Guardian article. There are thousands of people demonstrating, thats not a tiny minority.
150 outside the base according to the Beeb, and "thousands" out of a population of 28 million in total.

That is a tiny minority.
Maths, it aint easy.

stew-S160

7,826 posts

194 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
fido said:
stew-S160 said:
But well done to him for having the balls.
But he's a fanatic himself? So you're congratulation one fanatic over another set of fanatics.
Yeah, great isn't it smile

Jimbeaux

33,791 posts

187 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
Mojooo said:
I dont see the ground zero people caving in so easily - not when it sounds like the place has been there for years and they must have been planning it for a long time etc.

if they can hold him off til after tomorrow i think the impetus will be gone anyway.

jains15 said:
Conclusion, the people we see on the news are just the idiots. There's always idiots, don't judge a whole load of people because of the idiots. I would say this to anyone as well, on both sides and worldwide in fact.
agreed

Edited by Mojooo on Friday 10th September 11:45
Donald Trump offered to buy the mosque site for 25% over it's value if they build it elsewhere.

TheEnd

15,370 posts

144 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
It's annoying that some extremists ruin it for the rest of us.

Mr_B

10,480 posts

199 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
TheEnd said:
It's annoying that some extremists ruin it for the rest of us.
I think you meant - It's annoying that religion must ruin it for the rest of us.

zakelwe

4,449 posts

154 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
I suppose in 20 years time he would have to throw water on it rather than burn it because it will be an electronic book.

But what if the electronic book has the Bible in it as well? Damn, what to do what to do?

Andy

Muntu

7,363 posts

155 months

Friday 10th September 2010
quotequote all
zakelwe said:
I suppose in 20 years time he would have to throw water on it rather than burn it because it will be an electronic book.

But what if the electronic book has the Bible in it as well? Damn, what to do what to do?

Andy
Burn it to disc?