Share tips thread (Vol 2)

Share tips thread (Vol 2)

Author
Discussion

yajeed

4,873 posts

218 months

Wednesday 14th March 2018
quotequote all
R8Steve said:
I have no idea about the company so have no idea if they are even expecting an RNS so that would be a bit silly.

I see you've changed it from a 1 code being an RNS due the following day (days countdown apparently) to it meaning an RNS in the next few days though. hehe
Well, in my original post I did say 'they're due to announce NDA submission next week' and and related it to the one code, so i've not moved the goalposts there.

R8Steve said:
I'll take your wager though, £50 to RNLI from me if there's an RNS tomorrow, same for you if there isn't. You in?

Price monitoring extensions don't count though.
Well, the last 2 have been 2 days afterwards, so I'd be betting against myself there. They're also due news before the end of the month (if they meet their schedule) so it's a fair get there will be news in the next 2 weeks, but obviously not in the next few days necessarily.

R8Steve

4,150 posts

139 months

Wednesday 14th March 2018
quotequote all
yajeed said:
R8Steve said:
I have no idea about the company so have no idea if they are even expecting an RNS so that would be a bit silly.

I see you've changed it from a 1 code being an RNS due the following day (days countdown apparently) to it meaning an RNS in the next few days though. hehe
Well, in my original post I did say 'they're due to announce NDA submission next week' and and related it to the one code, so i've not moved the goalposts there.

R8Steve said:
I'll take your wager though, £50 to RNLI from me if there's an RNS tomorrow, same for you if there isn't. You in?

Price monitoring extensions don't count though.
Well, the last 2 have been 2 days afterwards, so I'd be betting against myself there. They're also due news before the end of the month (if they meet their schedule) so it's a fair get there will be news in the next 2 weeks, but obviously not in the next few days necessarily.
So you're basically saying a buy of 1 share confirms that there will be an RNS some time in the future. laugh

I'll stand by my opinion that they are a load of nonsense i think.


Vyse

1,221 posts

88 months

Monday 19th March 2018
quotequote all
BMN on AIM market doing nicely over past few days.

tpalmer

59 posts

63 months

Monday 19th March 2018
quotequote all
Anyone have an opinion on Micro Focus after today - Finished down –46%? (MCRO).

Understand at a basic level some of the issues they are facing, but given scale of the business and what seems like a knee-jerk drop after profit warning and resignation, looks set to recover somewhat short-medium term?

86DA

200 posts

91 months

Tuesday 20th March 2018
quotequote all
Motif Bio RNS, NDA submission.now Q2 not Q1, share price down 10% today to 33p, was 42p a couple of months ago.

Potential to re-rate on NDA submission and NDA approval.

Was a favorite on the old thread, although somewhat disappointing.


FredClogs

14,041 posts

125 months

Tuesday 20th March 2018
quotequote all
Don't worry Mtfb ers this time next year...

R8Steve

4,150 posts

139 months

Tuesday 20th March 2018
quotequote all
FredClogs said:
Don't worry Mtfb ers this time next year...
Just wait for that '1' code...

dom9

7,269 posts

173 months

Tuesday 20th March 2018
quotequote all
Shhhhhh... Don't tell people before ISA top up time!

I'm still an MTFB believer!

speedyguy

4,693 posts

167 months

Tuesday 20th March 2018
quotequote all
Just out of interest what platforms are people using just for straightforward share trading and what do they think ?

Last year i started i started with HL and IG,
HL soon binned off as i use mobile platforms and it was too faffy to keep logging in, then put in a 2nd password in to buy or sell.
IG straight in on remember me and buy and sell at leisure quickly and easily but following emails earlier in the year following some market volatility they seem to have a wider spread which makes it more difficult to bob in and out buying and selling at a profit.

Any opinions on AJ Bell ? Or other trading platforms to have a look at ?
I have a straightforward variety of watch-lists i have compiled on IG so i can flick around easily on the phone and monitor movements etc.
Then i use LSE (London South east not London Stock exchange) just to keep an eye on the days biggest risers and fallers as IG don't seem to have that facility on the mobile app unless i'm looking in the wrong place.

yajeed

4,873 posts

218 months

Wednesday 21st March 2018
quotequote all
R8Steve said:
Just wait for that '1' code...
We did. In fact there was a 2 share A trade sell as the first trade on Friday, a 1 share A trade sell on Monday and then news arrived yesterday that they'd missed their dates.

It's all a complete coincidence. Like the last one, and the one before, and the one before that*

  • and yes, some have been a couple of days afterwards, but the volume of news has been low and the accuracy high (as in no false positives)

Edited by yajeed on Wednesday 21st March 09:25

dingg

2,914 posts

183 months

Wednesday 21st March 2018
quotequote all
Its the illuminati IMO

cough cough BOLLIX

yajeed

4,873 posts

218 months

Wednesday 21st March 2018
quotequote all
dingg said:
Its the illuminati IMO

cough cough BOLLIX
I knew I'd find a fellow believer, thanks Dingg!* You'll never get beyond grade 1 with such public acknowledgements though! Good luck with your continued search for enlightenment.

  • Those idiots thinking that market makers are out there to make money and yet aren't allowed to collude and would therefore attempt to help each other by using public signals are just pure fantasists!

Zippee

12,453 posts

198 months

Wednesday 21st March 2018
quotequote all
yajeed said:
R8Steve said:
Just wait for that '1' code...
We did. In fact there was a 2 share A trade sell as the first trade on Friday, a 1 share A trade sell on Monday and then news arrived yesterday that they'd missed their dates.
If I may ask a potentially daft question - what does this mean?

Also what are peoples thoughts on Boo right now?

bmwmike

3,145 posts

72 months

Wednesday 21st March 2018
quotequote all
speedyguy said:
Just out of interest what platforms are people using just for straightforward share trading and what do they think ?

Last year i started i started with HL and IG,
HL soon binned off as i use mobile platforms and it was too faffy to keep logging in, then put in a 2nd password in to buy or sell.
IG straight in on remember me and buy and sell at leisure quickly and easily but following emails earlier in the year following some market volatility they seem to have a wider spread which makes it more difficult to bob in and out buying and selling at a profit.

Any opinions on AJ Bell ? Or other trading platforms to have a look at ?
I have a straightforward variety of watch-lists i have compiled on IG so i can flick around easily on the phone and monitor movements etc.
Then i use LSE (London South east not London Stock exchange) just to keep an eye on the days biggest risers and fallers as IG don't seem to have that facility on the mobile app unless i'm looking in the wrong place.
I use AJB and it's OK. I also have a HL but haven't used it's mobile version. I prefer the Web version of AJB to HL. I find the mobile version of AJB OK and easy for trading funds and stocks.

I also have a HSBC account for a stock ISA and the Web site is very poor but I don't trade in and out on that. It's costs are relatively OK.

R8Steve

4,150 posts

139 months

Wednesday 21st March 2018
quotequote all
yajeed said:
dingg said:
Its the illuminati IMO

cough cough BOLLIX
I knew I'd find a fellow believer, thanks Dingg!* You'll never get beyond grade 1 with such public acknowledgements though! Good luck with your continued search for enlightenment.

  • Those idiots thinking that market makers are out there to make money and yet aren't allowed to collude and would therefore attempt to help each other by using public signals are just pure fantasists!
So how exactly did that collusion help anyone?

They see a '1' code and this means news will be out the next day, or the next, or maybe the day after that, or the next two weeks.

Then the news does come out and it's bad news and the share goes down 10%?

Those pesky MM's eh.

dingg

2,914 posts

183 months

Wednesday 21st March 2018
quotequote all
sad to see some people believe this bollix (1 trade signalling) absolute ste , almost as good as elliot wave

dread to think what else is going in their heads. rolleyes

dom9

7,269 posts

173 months

Wednesday 21st March 2018
quotequote all
No real thoughts on BOO.L but it's taking a beating!

If it falls through £1.50 then it could go to £1.30...

Like MTFB.L - it'll be going in the '17-'18 ISA.

I'll end up buying everything I bought this year, at this rate!

Was not the plan but I'll be averaging down and I'm still a believer!

MKA29

344 posts

99 months

Thursday 22nd March 2018
quotequote all
Boohoo is taking an absolute battering and I have no idea why.

Maybe bad news on the way pricing in

speedyguy

4,693 posts

167 months

Friday 23rd March 2018
quotequote all
bmwmike said:
I use AJB and it's OK. I also have a HL but haven't used it's mobile version. I prefer the Web version of AJB to HL. I find the mobile version of AJB OK and easy for trading funds and stocks.

I also have a HSBC account for a stock ISA and the Web site is very poor but I don't trade in and out on that. It's costs are relatively OK.
Thanks I may look at AJB but looks like I may be stuck with IG as the app is so quick and simple to use.

S1MMA

2,312 posts

183 months

Friday 23rd March 2018
quotequote all
Anyone else long GE?

Starting to annoy me a bit now!