Whatโ€™s your big gamble? (Volume 3)

Whatโ€™s your big gamble? (Volume 3)

Author
Discussion

fosunfan

62 posts

25 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
SpunkyGlory said:
Wel, my gamble pot is now down 35%. Too many US stocks. Not enjoying the ride at the moment.
Im not down that much but I'm not far behind you.

I'm just praying that some of my gambles limp along for long enough without giving up the ghost completely and get to the stage where I might be able to explain them away as LTHs.

skircoatshed

65 posts

46 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
JontyR said:
fosunfan said:
skircoatshed said:
JontyR said:
What has happened to HCMC??

I was sitting happy with a rather healthy profit and now Im down almost 50% Is it worth averaging down or just leave them to go to dogs?

Quite happy though as Ocugen have gone a little nuts today smile
It’s screwed, I watched my holding go up 500% and now I’m down 15%. Massive dilution, lack of interest and the next court hearing is later this month I think. 212 have also made it more difficult to trade by setting limits......which is nice of them.

Fortunately I was gambling with beer money.

Personally I wouldn’t put another penny in.
I don't think I'll add any more just yet either ... but nor am I going to dispose of them.

The court case could easily stumble on quite a while - that's perfectly normal. The dilution wasn't helpful but the underlying business seems sound enough, so there may be legs in it yet.
Well that would have doubled the money! lol

Nice surprise, I’d given up on it. Shows how much I know about this trading malarkey!!!

vulture1

8,425 posts

143 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
ferrisbueller said:
MikeStroud said:
ferrisbueller said:
vulture1 said:
Was in Persimmon a while ago and bought a couple more on Friday just at close as i assumed they would benefit from the budget.
They have also ammounced the return of their dividend 8% i think so that will be nice.

What other companies are there that should have decent dividends but they havn't returned yet?
I use this site for reference

https://www.dividenddata.co.uk/dividendyield.py?ma...
I'm sure you know but you have to be very careful with the yield figure given in that site. If the sp has crashed then it can show a huge yield which isn't reality. You can use it as a guide but then check the historical divvy paid for the last 5 years on the LSE site (not lse BB site!).
Yes, I use it as a guide along with data pulled in from google (which is sometimes a few decimal places displaced on their site) and then checking in with the company's own data. I've not figured a way of pulling in data from lse automatically. I need to learn how to code.
dividend max is usually pretty accurate.

fosunfan

62 posts

25 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Not quite as wild a gamble as some of my recent stateside punts, I'm probably going to get into 'Renew Holdings' tomorrow.

Headquarters in Leeds, construction services have weathered covid reasonably well and sooner or later Boris will have to remember at least a few of his promises about a 'Northern Powerhouse'

They look good for a 6 to 12 month hold.

Bloxxcreative

135 posts

9 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Glad I'm not the only one down 30+ pc on US gambles lol.

Anyone got any thoughts on ICON? Looks plenty like a gamble from what I've read.

Poisson96

1,861 posts

95 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Just used my Cineworld profit to chuck in on ABML and ICON. Both seem reasonable gambles.

Chris Type R

6,161 posts

213 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all

CaptainHindsight

150 posts

33 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
46pts is only ~0.7% drop, possibly a slow reporting day instead?

Chris Type R

6,161 posts

213 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
CaptainHindsight said:
46pts is only ~0.7% drop, possibly a slow reporting day instead?
Hopefully. I've closed out of AMGO for now - too distracting watching it rise and then fall. It will almost certainly 'rocket' now.

Have added some Hiscox (HSX) to my daughter's JISA as a LTH.

g4ry13

10,720 posts

219 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
I'm weighing up chucking a bit more money at some of my green stocks (XPEV, BEEM, BLNK) and adding to my positions if Nasdaq can go up today.

Luke.

9,511 posts

214 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
g4ry13 said:
I'm weighing up chucking a bit more money at some of my green stocks (XPEV, BEEM, BLNK) and adding to my positions if Nasdaq can go up today.
Thought you were trying to get out of XPEV. Though pretty cheap now. You not tempted by NIO rather than Xpeng?

500 Miles

Original Poster:

1,685 posts

190 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
FUM is up and having some morning glory.

Thanks to whoever tipped it ages ago.

Legend83

9,654 posts

186 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Deepst continues it's slide ever downwards frown.

dom9

7,267 posts

173 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Chris Type R said:
Hopefully. I've closed out of AMGO for now - too distracting watching it rise and then fall. It will almost certainly 'rocket' now.
I don't think it will... This week. I am going to do what I said I wouldn't do and watch it, perhaps looking for a re-entry point.

I originally bought as I thought it would be a (bumpy) climb into the end of March on speculation about the court case. It actually popped and has fallen back much earlier than expected (albeit still well up from the lows).

I think we've seen it has the potential to do 20p on sentiment and I think it'll find a new base this week. Expecting that to be 10-12p as opposed to the 5-7p it found previously. Hopefully it then starts the move up as there is more speculation of positive news due.

However, I still think the end of March could be boom or bust and sentiment can change on leaks/news very quick. It's not one you can take your eyes off. Trying to time it and trade it with a full time job is hard!

Phooey

10,691 posts

133 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
dom9 said:
I don't think it will... This week. I am going to do what I said I wouldn't do and watch it, perhaps looking for a re-entry point.

I originally bought as I thought it would be a (bumpy) climb into the end of March on speculation about the court case. It actually popped and has fallen back much earlier than expected (albeit still well up from the lows).

I think we've seen it has the potential to do 20p on sentiment and I think it'll find a new base this week. Expecting that to be 10-12p as opposed to the 5-7p it found previously. Hopefully it then starts the move up as there is more speculation of positive news due.

However, I still think the end of March could be boom or bust and sentiment can change on leaks/news very quick. It's not one you can take your eyes off. Trying to time it and trade it with a full time job is hard!
I sold all mine at 17p.

End of March is a long way away of ups and downs for anyone trading this for a quick profit and I genuinely think it'll be back below 10p based on no new news. Anyone who bought in below 10p still has a decent profit on the table and the temptation to cash in will be too strong for some people to resist IMO. I'm not confident of Amigo being here in 12 months time. I'm sure i read somewhere that previous customers would benefit more from Amigo being insolvent? Not sure I understand that unless I read it wrong. The recent ii's buying in heavily has just confused things even further hehe

vulture1

8,425 posts

143 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Chris Type R said:
CaptainHindsight said:
46pts is only ~0.7% drop, possibly a slow reporting day instead?
Hopefully. I've closed out of AMGO for now - too distracting watching it rise and then fall. It will almost certainly 'rocket' now.

Have added some Hiscox (HSX) to my daughter's JISA as a LTH.
I sold amigo as well. Overall a nice 50-60% gain. Looks like everyone is waiting for 10p or lower again

Put some into the other newsagent again. Menzies still hasn't got as near to pre covid level as alot of other recovery stocks have.

Chris Type R

6,161 posts

213 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
dom9 said:
Chris Type R said:
Hopefully. I've closed out of AMGO for now - too distracting watching it rise and then fall. It will almost certainly 'rocket' now.
I don't think it will... This week. I am going to do what I said I wouldn't do and watch it, perhaps looking for a re-entry point.
I'm also looking at re-entering - not sure where - prob. sub 10p to 11p. It's still very much a gamble and news could come at any time to propel it in any direction. In terms of capital to risk... maybe £2k-£3k will be my limit.

MikeStroud

2,786 posts

58 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
PF not looking pretty today, nearly all red.

DSLiverpool

12,680 posts

166 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
500 Miles said:
FUM is up and having some morning glory.

Thanks to whoever tipped it ages ago.
> breadvan said:

Got to share this with you, might be complete nonsense but got a tip today from a genuine, trusted fellow investor.

Futura Medical FUM.

Haven’t seen it here before and you may be aware already but they are bringing a gel to the market early next year to fix erectile disfuction. Potentially a game changer with a growing (aging) population and non-prescription availability. It’s not an area of expertise for me and I’ll do some research (yes I do actually do that) and report back. Feel free to share any knowledge (of the company biggrin).

bazza white

2,962 posts

92 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
fosunfan said:
SpunkyGlory said:
Wel, my gamble pot is now down 35%. Too many US stocks. Not enjoying the ride at the moment.
Im not down that much but I'm not far behind you.

I'm just praying that some of my gambles limp along for long enough without giving up the ghost completely and get to the stage where I might be able to explain them away as LTHs.
I had a chunk in bg us fund and its tanked, it startled climbing again so bought back I and it tanked again. Im about 6% down now from a plus 12% and that's after a few recent good stocks. Was down 9% at one point. US tech has had a good year but will be staying away whilst they fall back to where they should be.




Edited by bazza white on Thursday 4th March 09:48