Is anyone moving now?

Is anyone moving now?

Author
Discussion

AJB88

7,883 posts

138 months

Monday 14th June
quotequote all
Ah good thats fine.

C Lee Farquar

3,497 posts

183 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
75Black said:
The only confusing thing is why would the seller dick around but have done all the paperwork and stuff from his end, I got the TR1 form sent to me a month ago and my solicitor is due to send me the contract too in a few days.
There is a reasonable chance of Chinese whispers, it's probably gone through three people before it gets to you. As you say, why go the hassle of filling out all the forms if you're not moving? The safest way forward is face to face with the vendor, you can gauge his sincerity and motivation to move, or not.

75Black

349 posts

49 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
C Lee Farquar said:
75Black said:
The only confusing thing is why would the seller dick around but have done all the paperwork and stuff from his end, I got the TR1 form sent to me a month ago and my solicitor is due to send me the contract too in a few days.
There is a reasonable chance of Chinese whispers, it's probably gone through three people before it gets to you. As you say, why go the hassle of filling out all the forms if you're not moving? The safest way forward is face to face with the vendor, you can gauge his sincerity and motivation to move, or not.
Indeed, my solicitor isn't happy either and has directly contacted the EA branch manager in response to this and I've called him as well to prod. In the meantime as a 'just in case' I've been looking at other properties this time in the Buckingham and Banbury areas, any opinions?

C Lee Farquar

3,497 posts

183 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
It's not unknown for solicitors to huff and puff and invariably be waiting for someone else to do something.

You, or your solicitor, will only get anecdotal information from the estate agent, who is working for and being paid by the vendor. Again, I would ask why isn't your solicitor speaking to the vendors solicitor? They are doing the conveyancing, not the estate agent. The vendors solicitor will know with certainty whether the vendor has a house to move to or not because they will (in almost all cases) be doing the conveyancing for any purchase.

West of Banbury, but not moving byebye

75Black

349 posts

49 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
C Lee Farquar said:
It's not unknown for solicitors to huff and puff and invariably be waiting for someone else to do something.

You, or your solicitor, will only get anecdotal information from the estate agent, who is working for and being paid by the vendor. Again, I would ask why isn't your solicitor speaking to the vendors solicitor? They are doing the conveyancing, not the estate agent. The vendors solicitor will know with certainty whether the vendor has a house to move to or not because they will (in almost all cases) be doing the conveyancing for any purchase.

West of Banbury, but not moving byebye
My solicitor has received replies from their solicitor regarding the latest queries and forwarded that onto me a couple of hours ago, they're currently trying to query is the seller if willing to break the chain and I would assume rent while we exchange and complete but as it stands they still currently haven't found a property.. What are my options here realistically, should I be looking for a back up house?

Edited by 75Black on Tuesday 15th June 21:17

lrdisco

415 posts

54 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
Well so much for being smug over our move!
Sellers where all up for removing RC on the property in April then messed us about so much on the RC we withdrew last Wednesday. Moving date the 21st!

Problem is we has exchanged on our sale. Now moving into our holiday home. Not so bad as its a 1600sq ft 4 bedroom detached but still a huge PITA and have had to give Sykes £16,000 in cancellation fees.

Now had an offer accepted on an acre of land with a derelict house on it.
Onwards and upwards.


jamm13dodger

42 posts

3 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
lrdisco said:
Well so much for being smug over our move!
Sellers where all up for removing RC on the property in April then messed us about so much on the RC we withdrew last Wednesday. Moving date the 21st!

Problem is we has exchanged on our sale. Now moving into our holiday home. Not so bad as its a 1600sq ft 4 bedroom detached but still a huge PITA and have had to give Sykes £16,000 in cancellation fees.

Now had an offer accepted on an acre of land with a derelict house on it.
Onwards and upwards.
Is Sykes your estate agent?
Also what is RC?

C Lee Farquar

3,497 posts

183 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
75Black said:
My solicitor has received replies from their solicitor regarding the latest queries and forwarded that onto me a couple of hours ago, they're currently trying to query is the seller if willing to break the chain and I would assume rent while we exchange and complete but as it stands they still currently haven't found a property.. What are my options here realistically, should I be looking for a back up house?

Edited by 75Black on Tuesday 15th June 21:17
Probably, but I do think it's worth speaking to your vendor directly. It may be they have somewhere else to go independently of a purchase or they may be complete messers, you'd know fairly quickly.

corradokid

119 posts

198 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
ooid said:
Yes, I can see that. My property was fully finished really, all they had to do just move in! (new kitchen and etc...). For a property with a big refurb need, I would also keep negotiating, if they are being unreasonable douchebags just move on. Remember, they are getting a divorce, so probably the bitterness all around on that transaction!
Well it’s now resolved itself, both sellers have accepted the revised valuation of 420k. Let’s hope they don’t get flaky on us moving forward.

worsy

4,766 posts

142 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
jamm13dodger said:
lrdisco said:
Well so much for being smug over our move!
Sellers where all up for removing RC on the property in April then messed us about so much on the RC we withdrew last Wednesday. Moving date the 21st!

Problem is we has exchanged on our sale. Now moving into our holiday home. Not so bad as its a 1600sq ft 4 bedroom detached but still a huge PITA and have had to give Sykes £16,000 in cancellation fees.

Now had an offer accepted on an acre of land with a derelict house on it.
Onwards and upwards.
Is Sykes your estate agent?
Also what is RC?
Sykes is the holiday business so I guess they had to compensate for bookings.

No idea what RC is.

Sheepshanks

24,406 posts

86 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
worsy said:
No idea what RC is.
In the context of this thread, I would imagine it's Restrictive Covenant.

jamm13dodger

42 posts

3 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
Thanks, I should have been able to work out RC but was drawing a complete blank.

robuk

1,194 posts

157 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
Anyone involved in probates at the moment and any indications on turnaround times ?

V8OW

1,548 posts

164 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
V8OW said:
I've just had an offer accepted with a planned pre 30 June completion, so will be joining in with the fun before long. I'm in the process of selling my place to my brother who's a first time buyer with mortgage lined up, and the people I'm buying from have found a house without a chain. Fingers crossed this one shouldn't be too painful!
After a few false starts over the last few days I've just managed to exchange contracts on my sale & purchase, with a completion date of 30 June. Offer was accepted on the 2nd April so just over 10 weeks to get to this stage (and could probably have cut a week or two out if we needed to).

I'm in Wales so the stamp duty relief (or Land Transaction Tax for us) isn't as big as in England, but will still save us all around £2.5k so I'm quite pleased we've managed to get there before the end of June!

ajap1979

5,062 posts

154 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
Quickly becoming very disillusioned with our conveyancer. Led to believe late last week that we were only waiting for structural sign off from the council and the certificate from FMB, and we were ready to exchange. Then when we got those we were "only" waiting for the redemption certificate and confirmation that funds would be released in time, and when we got them we're now, at 2pm on Wednesday, waiting for land registry bankruptcy searches to come back. Talk about managing expectations. Our buyers are going mad, and I can't honestly blame them. I've tried to maintain patience throughout this whole thing, but it is wearing very thin at the moment.

75Black

349 posts

49 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
Good news regarding my seller, turns out he was waiting on a new build site as he is going to be reserving a plot in 3 days and has confirmed he'll be moving out before the 30th or whenever the completion date will be (which we're expecting to be end of month). That's a big weight off my shoulders.

Race2the Redline

451 posts

201 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
Finally had another offer accepted after some false starts last Friday so I can join in the misery, happily only 2 houses in the chain.

Fingers crossed for everyone trying to complete before the 30th.

jdwoodbury

1,274 posts

173 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
We are completing on the 22nd and I must say it all gone very smoothly so far. We exchanged a few weeks ago which helped secure removals. I think our saving grace is all the folks in the chain are using 'proper' solicitors and not these call centre types which loose paperwork, ask the same questions over and over and move at snails pace. Good luck to anyone who is trying to exchange and complete this month.

HRL

2,536 posts

186 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
Finally moved into our new home in Devon yesterday, and we only completed when we were 20 mins away from arriving after a 5 hour drive!

An absolute ballache getting everything over the line from the exchange to completion, even though there were only 4 people in the chain.

For those of you aiming to complete on the 30th, I think you’re nuts personally. It’ll be the busiest day for completions in history, and I have no doubt some people are going to be very disappointed. I hope not, I really do, but it will not be smooth sailing on the 30th IMO.

AJB88

7,883 posts

138 months

Wednesday 16th June
quotequote all
I'm completing on Friday, excited but scared at the same time.