Show us your real estate pawn (Vol 4)

Show us your real estate pawn (Vol 4)

Author
Discussion

DeltonaS

3,457 posts

111 months

Thursday 2nd December 2021
quotequote all
RichB said:
DeltonaS said:
NickCQ said:
CharlesdeGaulle said:
Why is it for sale; what's happening to Shell?
Moving HQ to London and losing the Amsterdam listing
No, the Amsterdam listing stays, unlike the FTSE the AEX is open for foreign company's as well. The board + a few staff members will move (+/- 12 FTE), and Shell loses the "Royal" title.
Maybe if the Queen uses Shell in here Range Rover they will get a royal warrant from Her Majesty biggrin
Then they could use a proper crest

Not that it matters. but that pretty ugly actually, the Dutch crest looks better.

And by the way, those royals are all German anyway.

FourWheelDrift

83,392 posts

257 months

Thursday 2nd December 2021
quotequote all
DeltonaS said:
Not that it matters. but that pretty ugly actually, the Dutch crest looks better.

And by the way, those royals are all German anyway.
Yes the Dutch Royal family currently are, your current King's father was the German Klaus-Georg Wilhelm Otto Friedrich Gerd von Amsberg, the King's grandfather is Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach in Germany and great-grandfather (Queen Juliana's father) was the Grand Duke of Mecklenburg, Germany.

Sway

21,036 posts

167 months

Friday 3rd December 2021
quotequote all
FourWheelDrift said:
DeltonaS said:
Not that it matters. but that pretty ugly actually, the Dutch crest looks better.

And by the way, those royals are all German anyway.
Yes the Dutch Royal family currently are, your current King's father was the German Klaus-Georg Wilhelm Otto Friedrich Gerd von Amsberg, the King's grandfather is Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach in Germany and great-grandfather (Queen Juliana's father) was the Grand Duke of Mecklenburg, Germany.
Indeed. Let's not pretend that European royal families weren't so damned inbred a couple of centuries ago that specific genetic defects became endemic. The Hapsburg jaw, for example.

The Germanic lineage of the British Royal family is less German than most in Northern Europe now. We even consciously brought in commoner genetic stock.

TheJimi

21,216 posts

216 months

Friday 3rd December 2021
quotequote all
I'll be honest and say that I'm fairly sure I didn't know Shell's full name was Royal Dutch Shell.

Educational hehe

DeltonaS

3,457 posts

111 months

Friday 3rd December 2021
quotequote all
CharlesdeGaulle said:
DeltonaS said:
NickCQ said:
CharlesdeGaulle said:
Why is it for sale; what's happening to Shell?
Moving HQ to London and losing the Amsterdam listing
No, the Amsterdam listing stays, unlike the FTSE the AEX is open for foreign company's as well.

The board + a few staff members will move (+/- 12 FTE), and Shell loses the "Royal" title.
Oof, that's gotta hurt DeltonaS, you seem to hate the UK judging by some of your less lucid posts.
Obviously it's a bit of a shame that Shell moves it's HQ. However the jobs, the refinery's and the R&D stays.

But Shell is old world anyway, it's losing relevance.

Philips (Lightning, Medical Systems, etc.), ASML, ASMI, BE Semiconductors, Adyen, JustEat, TomTom, Booking.com, Picnic, etc. have more future.

ASML alone has a market cap twice that of Shell in Amsterdam (stock buying top tip!!). It's probably the most advanced company in the world currently. A monopolist on EUV chip making machines, the only comany in the world that is able the sustain Moore's law in the next decade.

Forget Shell. Amsterdam Stock Market’s Having a Knock-Out Year
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-02...
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-01...

Edited by DeltonaS on Friday 3rd December 20:34

NomduJour

15,653 posts

232 months

Friday 3rd December 2021
quotequote all
DeltonaS said:
chip
Big one.

DeltonaS

3,457 posts

111 months

Friday 3rd December 2021
quotequote all
NomduJour said:
DeltonaS said:
chip
Big one.
You seem to get it.


Doofus

18,244 posts

146 months

Friday 3rd December 2021
quotequote all
NomduJour said:
DeltonaS said:
chip
Big one.

DeltonaS

3,457 posts

111 months

Friday 3rd December 2021
quotequote all
Doofus said:
NomduJour said:
DeltonaS said:
chip
Big one.
According to Doofus.

But let's get back to real estate.

CharlesdeGaulle

19,889 posts

153 months

Friday 3rd December 2021
quotequote all
Doofus said:
NomduJour said:
DeltonaS said:
chip
Big one.
Call that a chip? Deltona's is served with much more fury and rage.

eein

1,003 posts

238 months

Saturday 4th December 2021
quotequote all
Let's chip away at the original topic...

Has this one been on yet? I came across it as I'm embarking on a similar new build nearby, 3 bed, large floor area, passivhaus, albeit a different visual style and only 2.6 ac. I had been assuming my build would ultimately be worth £500-£600k (about what it'll cost to do). I cannot believe this place can get the price they are asking! It's more land, but that's only £5-10k per ac in these parts.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/116132201#/

Bonefish Blues

19,889 posts

196 months

Saturday 4th December 2021
quotequote all
Yes smile

mike9009

5,639 posts

216 months

Saturday 4th December 2021
quotequote all
eein said:
Let's chip away at the original topic...

Has this one been on yet? I came across it as I'm embarking on a similar new build nearby, 3 bed, large floor area, passivhaus, albeit a different visual style and only 2.6 ac. I had been assuming my build would ultimately be worth £500-£600k (about what it'll cost to do). I cannot believe this place can get the price they are asking! It's more land, but that's only £5-10k per ac in these parts.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/116132201#/
I wonder what is in the garage...a few convertibles.....

Blackpuddin

12,846 posts

178 months

Saturday 4th December 2021
quotequote all
eein said:
Let's chip away at the original topic...

Has this one been on yet? I came across it as I'm embarking on a similar new build nearby, 3 bed, large floor area, passivhaus, albeit a different visual style and only 2.6 ac. I had been assuming my build would ultimately be worth £500-£600k (about what it'll cost to do). I cannot believe this place can get the price they are asking! It's more land, but that's only £5-10k per ac in these parts.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/116132201#/
Trying to guess the cars under the covers in pic 12 would make a PH thread on its own. Intrigued by the one on top left which has a boatish look to it.

Quags

1,345 posts

234 months

Saturday 4th December 2021
quotequote all
NickCQ said:
joshcowin said:
The kitchen has been done well but apart from that these houses are fairly common in Kent. We have worked on around 10 in the last 15 years! I have a current client who has an awesome oast that we have extended and modernised for him.
I've seen a few of these too (shamefully I have family near Faversham redface), but I haven't seen many where the building attached to the oast is quite as attractive or well-proportioned as the timber framed barn here. The ones I have seen either have a more modern building with an awkward narthex in between, or have tried to get the whole house in the oast (which doesn't really work).
Dealt with loads of these over the years. They look great and if done correctly are. Just be warned, damp is a big issue in a lot of these if not sorted correctly. They were built with an open cowl at the top to let the air vent out, block that off, add heating and it can be a real pain. Cowls can be a PITA to maintain and expensive, furniture a pig to find, and believe it or not, a lot of people don't want to buy them. Oh and often they come with small gardens as they've been sectioned off from a larger property.

But I grew up around them and I think they're ace, especially with a lovely main room like that.

Wonderman

887 posts

168 months

Saturday 4th December 2021
quotequote all
eein said:
Let's chip away at the original topic...

Has this one been on yet? I came across it as I'm embarking on a similar new build nearby, 3 bed, large floor area, passivhaus, albeit a different visual style and only 2.6 ac. I had been assuming my build would ultimately be worth £500-£600k (about what it'll cost to do). I cannot believe this place can get the price they are asking! It's more land, but that's only £5-10k per ac in these parts.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/116132201#/
They managed to take pics on the one non dreich day of the year adding value? If it included the additional cottage still toppy, but it does feel like a bit of punt for a 3 bed. Alternatively buy this and have £1m spare if wanted to flatten and start again...



Wonky tartan carpetdrunk (above and bedroom), I'm oot.





Edited by Wonderman on Saturday 4th December 16:16

thegreenhell

10,059 posts

192 months

Saturday 4th December 2021
quotequote all
I feel like we've seen that at least three times, most recently last week.

DKL

4,025 posts

195 months

Saturday 4th December 2021
quotequote all
thegreenhell said:
I feel like we've seen that at least three times, most recently last week.
Waaay too may dead things in there for me. House is ok, like the garage and in the dead of winter knowing your car is warm and snug would be good. You'd need to make sure the one on the outside starts mind! Also you would need to be able to get up the slope out of the garage in 4 ft of snow too.

Bonefish Blues

19,889 posts

196 months

Saturday 4th December 2021
quotequote all
Anyone a keen gardener?

Reminds me of the Grand Design site from a month or two ago.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/117189788#/...

Escort3500

9,046 posts

118 months

Sunday 5th December 2021
quotequote all
Bonefish Blues said:
Anyone a keen gardener?

Reminds me of the Grand Design site from a month or two ago.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/117189788#/...
Cheap for what it offers. OK, the interior needs serious upgrading, but it appears to have a separate access route from the sprawling ‘country park’ of statics and cabins and far enough away from the M74 to avoid the noise. The big walled has plenty of potential too.

Not sure why the details include “ Please confirm if this is a freehold property with Rettie & Co”, or am I missing something?