Something different. Meet my new baby Skunk

Something different. Meet my new baby Skunk

Author
Discussion

Ladders

194 posts

191 months

Sunday 13th June
quotequote all
I’d never heard of anyone having a skunk as a pet before!

What kind of temperament do they have? Do they like being fussed? Can you train them?

They do look cute, especially if you know they’re not going to smell! 😄

Gretchen

Original Poster:

17,575 posts

183 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
Ladders said:
I’d never heard of anyone having a skunk as a pet before!

What kind of temperament do they have? Do they like being fussed? Can you train them?

They do look cute, especially if you know they’re not going to smell! ??
Temperament can vary to be honest. Tinks is curious, but not one to sit still for long. Some will love to curl up with you, others not so much. Once asleep they sleep solidly! Babies are super confident and good with us. Hopefully this will continue in their new homes where I know they’ll be getting lots of fuss.

The baby sounds are awesome. Little clip here of one (excuse child noise in background)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQAypeNn9e7/?utm_mediu...


Gretchen

Original Poster:

17,575 posts

183 months

Tuesday 15th June
quotequote all
My baby girl is being super friendly and snuggly this morning






Gretchen

Original Poster:

17,575 posts

183 months

Monday 21st June
quotequote all
The foot fetish is real











The babies have even taught themselves to use the litter tray



Petrus1983

4,979 posts

129 months

Tuesday 22nd June
quotequote all
Gretchen said:
Temperament can vary to be honest. Tinks is curious, but not one to sit still for long. Some will love to curl up with you, others not so much. Once asleep they sleep solidly! Babies are super confident and good with us. Hopefully this will continue in their new homes where I know they’ll be getting lots of fuss.

The baby sounds are awesome. Little clip here of one (excuse child noise in background)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQAypeNn9e7/?utm_mediu...
That video cloud9

BadBull

1,924 posts

39 months

Tuesday 22nd June
quotequote all
Lovely stuff.

Drive it fix it repeat

1,045 posts

18 months

Friday 25th June
quotequote all
Wow they are cute, love An unusual pet!

Didn’t realise it was a possibility to own a skunk in this country either. First question that popped into my head was how much does a skunk cost?

Gretchen

Original Poster:

17,575 posts

183 months

Monday 28th June
quotequote all
Drive it fix it repeat said:
Wow they are cute, love An unusual pet!

Didn’t realise it was a possibility to own a skunk in this country either. First question that popped into my head was how much does a skunk cost?
Thank you. The boys will be leaving this weekend for their fur-ever homes. They’ve grown so quickly and are getting in to everything they can.

I’m still on the look out for Armadillos and a Coati of anyone sees or hears of any for homing/sale.

As for how much… a Skunk only has one ‘s’cent wink


Gretchen

Original Poster:

17,575 posts

183 months

Monday 28th June
quotequote all
Someone at the beginning. Of this thread remarked about finding a good local rescue/claws clipped and some other Badger related stuff because they were drunk/tired/hadn’t read the opening post… I can’t see the post now so assume they deleted it. If that person is here I’d like to introduce you to the female I’m keeping (on the left)






I’m calling her Badger smile