A bit council (Vol 3)

Author
Discussion

CharlesdeGaulle

9,764 posts

117 months

Wednesday 23rd August 2017
quotequote all
Nickbrapp said:
Going on holiday in the U.K. Council.
Er, no, not really.

A decent UK holiday is way less Council than an all-inclusive (or indeed most package holidays) to any of those awful resorts across the planet much-loved by the tattooed, foul-mouthed crowd that disgrace Britain each holiday period.

whoami

12,748 posts

177 months

Wednesday 23rd August 2017
quotequote all
Nickbrapp said:
Going on holiday in the U.K. Council.
laugh

alorotom

5,556 posts

124 months

Wednesday 23rd August 2017
quotequote all
Nickbrapp said:
Going on holiday in the U.K. Council.
Try and tell that to all the multi millionaire and billionaire Arab, Chinese, Russian etc... groups that summer in the U.K. every year

While we rarely vacation in the U.K. now I would much rather that than consider heading some where like the Spainish Costa's or Balearics / Canaries

Whistle

488 posts

70 months

Wednesday 23rd August 2017
quotequote all
One of the best holidays I have had was in the Scottish highlands.

Nickbrapp

2,460 posts

67 months

Wednesday 23rd August 2017
quotequote all
CharlesdeGaulle said:
Nickbrapp said:
Going on holiday in the U.K. Council.
Er, no, not really.

A decent UK holiday is way less Council than an all-inclusive (or indeed most package holidays) to any of those awful resorts across the planet much-loved by the tattooed, foul-mouthed crowd that disgrace Britain each holiday period.
I've only ever been on a Abercrombie and Kent package holiday, so not sure what you mean
Advertisement

ColdoRS

822 posts

64 months

Wednesday 23rd August 2017
quotequote all
Off-Roading is becoming council.... bashed up Suzuki Jimnys with massive spotlights and a snorkel litter the road sides of council estates these days.

mickk

23,464 posts

179 months

Wednesday 23rd August 2017
quotequote all
Nickbrapp said:
Going on holiday in the U.K. Council.
Only if it's Blackpool.

HTP99

13,401 posts

77 months

Wednesday 23rd August 2017
quotequote all
CharlesdeGaulle said:
Nickbrapp said:
Going on holiday in the U.K. Council.
Er, no, not really.

A decent UK holiday is way less Council than an all-inclusive (or indeed most package holidays) to any of those awful resorts across the planet much-loved by the tattooed, foul-mouthed crowd that disgrace Britain each holiday period.
Holidayed in Addingham Yorkshire for 5 days, 2 weeks ago; we spent all week walking the Yorkshire moors with our 2 dogs, most definately not council.

J4CKO

26,077 posts

137 months

Wednesday 23rd August 2017
quotequote all
schmunk said:
J4CKO said:
hyphen said:
Hmm, slightly inappropriate but quite well done and not really council.
Oh come on, it's awfully council...
Been to some very posh weddings and seen worse to be honest.

CharlesdeGaulle

9,764 posts

117 months

Wednesday 23rd August 2017
quotequote all
J4CKO said:
Been to some very posh weddings and seen worse to be honest.
Define 'posh wedding'.

That story was Council as anything; the pictures alone tell you all you need to know. Best Man with football scarf round his neck for a start.

sleepera6

4,540 posts

34 months

Thursday 24th August 2017
quotequote all
In Penang, Malaysia.

No councilistas here.. glory days.

OpulentBob

10,311 posts

117 months

Thursday 24th August 2017
quotequote all
Queuing outside the bookies waiting for it to open. Don't know if it's council or just a bit pathetic, it ticks many boxes.

generationx

2,040 posts

42 months

Thursday 24th August 2017
quotequote all
alorotom said:
all the multi millionaire and billionaire Arab, Chinese, Russian etc
Council.

And holidaying in the UK is awesome. West Dorset, northern Scotland, the list goes on.

AstonZagato

8,287 posts

147 months

Thursday 24th August 2017
quotequote all
Nickbrapp said:
Going on holiday in the U.K. Council.
Weirdly location dependent. Take the Norfolk coast. Hunstanton is all Kiss Me Quick hats, tattoos and fish 'n' chips. A mile or so to the east, all the children are called Hugo and Jocasta and the parents all wear Boden shorts and Docksiders.

Europa1

7,311 posts

125 months

Thursday 24th August 2017
quotequote all
AstonZagato said:
Weirdly location dependent. Take the Norfolk coast. Hunstanton is all Kiss Me Quick hats, tattoos and fish 'n' chips. A mile or so to the east, all the children are called Hugo and Jocasta and the parents all wear Boden shorts and Docksiders.
Ah yes, Chelsea-on-Sea.

nicanary

6,360 posts

83 months

Thursday 24th August 2017
quotequote all
Europa1 said:
AstonZagato said:
Weirdly location dependent. Take the Norfolk coast. Hunstanton is all Kiss Me Quick hats, tattoos and fish 'n' chips. A mile or so to the east, all the children are called Hugo and Jocasta and the parents all wear Boden shorts and Docksiders.
Ah yes, Chelsea-on-Sea.
Blasst boi, thas tru nuff. Thar rummen bunch en all. Orl tha posh tork n stuff, but thell spend munny fer darft things so's we dornt care. There's stoopid es a dicka* withowt a sunhat, thay are. Yew wanna try Cromer, all Irish these daaays thay say.

  • Dicka or dicker = donkey. Probably out of Norfolkese circulation since my grandfather died.

MattHall91

1,174 posts

61 months

Thursday 24th August 2017
quotequote all
Rosé wine.

nicanary

6,360 posts

83 months

Thursday 24th August 2017
quotequote all
MattHall91 said:
Rosé wine.
Especially Mateus rose. It's one of the few names Council know. (Used to be Blue Nun, Black Tower, etc. now it's likely to be Hardys or Blossom Hill.)

MattHall91

1,174 posts

61 months

Thursday 24th August 2017
quotequote all
nicanary said:
MattHall91 said:
Rosé wine.
Especially Mateus rose. It's one of the few names Council know. (Used to be Blue Nun, Black Tower, etc. now it's likely to be Hardys or Blossom Hill.)
Blossom Hill is the staple Council brand...when such consumers splash on branded wine.

nicanary

6,360 posts

83 months

Thursday 24th August 2017
quotequote all
I fear that Council has moved into my apartment block. I was putting bottles in the appropriate bin but had problems becasue it was overflowing with empty 1-litre Buckfast bottles. PH members in Northern Ireland and Glasgow will know this libation well. I was told the other day that the mediaeval monks' recipe has been enhanced in recent times with astronomic amounts of caffeine. Real chav drink.

Later that day I saw the possible culprit, fag in mouth, red mohican stripe, wearing a basketball top in that odd colour of greyish-white that only Council seem able to obtain from their clothing. I assume the grubbiness comes from filthy sofas covered in dog hair, fag ash, discarded fast food, and a washing machine that has a minor fault fixable for £10 but which is in true Council fashion, unusable.