What are your unpopular opinions?

What are your unpopular opinions?

Author
Discussion

Laurel Green

25,907 posts

169 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
Career politicians should be taken out and shot.

vikingaero

3,902 posts

106 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
The root of all evil are politicians and lawyers.

ash73

15,434 posts

158 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
We should live our lives like a lobster.

mr_spock

2,584 posts

152 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
Anyone who can't use an apostrophe correctly should be shot. Likewise anyone who says "we" referring to their preferred sports team.
Football - in fact all professional sport - really isn't important. It may be interesting, but not important.
Not all children are nice, and not all children have the potential to be great.
Teachers are not some super-virtuous other-world beings. Likewise nurses. Many are great at their jobs, and wonderful people, but not by dint of their chosen profession.
There can indeed be smoke without fire.


davhill

3,325 posts

121 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
ash73 said:
We should live our lives like a lobster.
What, get boiled and turn red?

Advertisement

Voldemort

3,658 posts

215 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
Religion (all varieties) is mumbo jumbo for weak minded and easily influenced bigots

Vocal Minority

8,582 posts

89 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
Voldemort said:
Religion (all varieties) is mumbo jumbo for weak minded and easily influenced bigots
News, Politics and Economics sub-forum is mumbo jumbo for weak minded and easily influenced bigots smile

227bhp

7,974 posts

65 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
davhill said:
ash73 said:
We should live our lives like a lobster.
What, get boiled and turn red?
And get eaten?

vikingaero

3,902 posts

106 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
227bhp said:
davhill said:
ash73 said:
We should live our lives like a lobster.
What, get boiled and turn red?
And get eaten?
And be delicious?

Laurel Green

25,907 posts

169 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
vikingaero said:
227bhp said:
davhill said:
ash73 said:
We should live our lives like a lobster.
What, get boiled and turn red?
And get eaten?
And be delicious?
Can we start with the politicians?

227bhp

7,974 posts

65 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
vikingaero said:
227bhp said:
davhill said:
ash73 said:
We should live our lives like a lobster.
What, get boiled and turn red?
And get eaten?
And be delicious?
How do you know humans aren't delicious? Aren't we supposed to taste like pork? I like pork.

rossub

1,957 posts

127 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
I voted for Brexit ... I live in Scotland.

Pothole

26,092 posts

219 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
That good grammar is important, especially correct use of apostrophes.

Meridius

1,082 posts

89 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
I like Jeremy Corbyn, the BBC and Audis. I would be fine with the majority of UK cities being entirely pedestrianised and priority given for cycling infrastructure like the Netherlands or Denmark.

227bhp

7,974 posts

65 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
I think The Steve Wright show is ok.

SCEtoAUX

1,236 posts

18 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
That disagreeing with uncontrolled immigration makes me a racist.

SCEtoAUX

1,236 posts

18 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
Voldemort said:
Religion (all varieties) is mumbo jumbo for weak minded and easily influenced bigots
Quite. They say money is the root of all evil, but actually it's religion.

bearman68

2,443 posts

69 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
227bhp said:
I think The Steve Wright show is ok.
oh FFS - you're just saying that to be controversial. No one,and I mean no one holds that opinion at all. Or possibly ever has.
You'll be saying you like serious jockin next, Which as far as I can see is an excuse to say st, and play st, in a self obsessed bubble of something less than mediocrity.

ambuletz

7,386 posts

118 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
When that whole horse meat scandal came out afew years ago I thought it wasn't that big a deal. I also don't think it's a problem if some people/countries/cultures eat dog or cat. If it tastes good I'd totally give it a go.

Yipper

5,964 posts

27 months

Saturday 20th January 2018
quotequote all
mr_spock said:
Anyone who can't use an apostrophe correctly should be shot. Likewise anyone who says "we" referring to their preferred sports team.
Football - in fact all professional sport - really isn't important. It may be interesting, but not important.
Not all children are nice, and not all children have the potential to be great.
Teachers are not some super-virtuous other-world beings. Likewise nurses. Many are great at their jobs, and wonderful people, but not by dint of their chosen profession.
There can indeed be smoke without fire.
People who omit commas.