What are your unpopular opinions?

What are your unpopular opinions?

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

DoubleD

14,430 posts

66 months

Wednesday 24th July 2019
quotequote all
NoVetec said:
Flibble said:
deckster said:
Middle-class circle-jerks about how revolting fast food is are extremely tedious. Particularly when they inevitably turn to how much better home-made stuff is and how easy it is to make and how much more nutritious it is and OH FOR LOVE OF GOD JUST SHUT UP.
Fast food is food of the gods, except domino's and pj which are overpriced tat. Your local kebab house will serve you the same or better for less than half the price.
Had a Pizza Hut the other night, £27 for a large pizza, side, dessert and 1.75l drink. The total was minus an £8 deal discount. For £8 at the local 'bab house a large donner or two meat mix can be had, with a can of drink and a portion of chips.

Both certainly hit the energy-dense dopamine jackpot, but the latter leaves you with little culinary sadomasochist hangover and generally speaking, just the one poo the next day.
I dont think that anyone buys fast food expecting a quality product, especially the mass produced stuff that you so often see.

slopes

30,721 posts

145 months

Wednesday 24th July 2019
quotequote all
Flibble said:
deckster said:
Middle-class circle-jerks about how revolting fast food is are extremely tedious. Particularly when they inevitably turn to how much better home-made stuff is and how easy it is to make and how much more nutritious it is and OH FOR LOVE OF GOD JUST SHUT UP.
Fast food is food of the gods, except domino's and pj which are overpriced tat. Your local kebab house will serve you the same or better for less than half the price.
Or Costco where you could buy enough pizza to feed a family of 10 for the same as a Domino's

NoVetec

9,954 posts

131 months

Wednesday 24th July 2019
quotequote all
DoubleD said:
NoVetec said:
Flibble said:
deckster said:
Middle-class circle-jerks about how revolting fast food is are extremely tedious. Particularly when they inevitably turn to how much better home-made stuff is and how easy it is to make and how much more nutritious it is and OH FOR LOVE OF GOD JUST SHUT UP.
Fast food is food of the gods, except domino's and pj which are overpriced tat. Your local kebab house will serve you the same or better for less than half the price.
Had a Pizza Hut the other night, £27 for a large pizza, side, dessert and 1.75l drink. The total was minus an £8 deal discount. For £8 at the local 'bab house a large donner or two meat mix can be had, with a can of drink and a portion of chips.

Both certainly hit the energy-dense dopamine jackpot, but the latter leaves you with little culinary sadomasochist hangover and generally speaking, just the one poo the next day.
I dont think that anyone buys fast food expecting a quality product, especially the mass produced stuff that you so often see.
I get what you mean I think, but people still build expectations from their experiences, and that can get put on to other places of similar ilk. It's like getting used to good service and good - in relative terms - food from one McDonald's franchise, then going to another to find it's utterly terrible, even for what it is, because it's run terribly.

An expectation of quality in a loose sense of the word I suppose.

SCEtoAUX

2,892 posts

39 months

Wednesday 24th July 2019
quotequote all
"Revolver", widely regarded as The Beatles' best album, isn't even in the top five.

The only decent track is Eleanor Rigby.

Nik da Greek

2,503 posts

108 months

Wednesday 24th July 2019
quotequote all
SCEtoAUX said:
"Revolver", widely regarded as The Beatles' best album, isn't even in the top five.

The only decent track is Eleanor Rigby.
Nutter rofl

Tomorrow Never Knows is on Revolver. Chooooooooon! music Proves that contrary to Lennon's quip that Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles, let alone the world, on his day he was smashin' it

SCEtoAUX

2,892 posts

39 months

Wednesday 24th July 2019
quotequote all
Nik da Greek said:
SCEtoAUX said:
"Revolver", widely regarded as The Beatles' best album, isn't even in the top five.

The only decent track is Eleanor Rigby.
Nutter rofl

Tomorrow Never Knows is on Revolver. Chooooooooon! music Proves that contrary to Lennon's quip that Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles, let alone the world, on his day he was smashin' it
Jasper Carrot's quip, and this is the thread for unpopular opinions.

I've listened to Revolver, Abbey Road, Sgt Peps and much of The White Album today. Just don't like Revolver and belive me, I want to.

Thesprucegoose

24,587 posts

153 months

Wednesday 24th July 2019
quotequote all
The Beatles are overated, there were popular but not as great as made out, there lineage directly links to modern pop tat, there were just the first to acheive mass appeal.

Nik da Greek

2,503 posts

108 months

Wednesday 24th July 2019
quotequote all
SCEtoAUX said:
Jasper Carrot's quip, and this is the thread for unpopular opinions.

I've listened to Revolver, Abbey Road, Sgt Peps and much of The White Album today. Just don't like Revolver and belive me, I want to.
It would appear you're correct https://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/john-lennon/rin... even these uber-Beatlegeeks can't prove otherwise and I doff my cap to your superior knowledge

But Revolver is still a lot better than just Eleanor Rigby. I'd rather listen to one of the first three Small Faces albums though bow

slopes

30,721 posts

145 months

Wednesday 24th July 2019
quotequote all
Thesprucegoose said:
The Beatles are overated, there were popular but not as great as made out, there lineage directly links to modern pop tat, there were just the first to acheive mass appeal.
Probably not as unpopular as you think.

However me suggesting that Oasis were very overrated was deeply unpopular.....the fan bois were mad yikes

Aphex

2,160 posts

158 months

Wednesday 24th July 2019
quotequote all
SCEtoAUX said:
"Revolver", widely regarded as The Beatles' best album, isn't even in the top five.

The only decent track is Eleanor Rigby.
Eleanor Rigby is one of maybe 3 Beatles songs I like thumbup

p4cks

4,737 posts

157 months

Wednesday 24th July 2019
quotequote all
slopes said:
Probably not as unpopular as you think.

However me suggesting that Oasis were very overrated was deeply unpopular.....the fan bois were mad yikes
I’m a huge Oasis fan and I agree. Whilst their songs are quite catchy, the lyrics are utter fking nonsense.

Bit like the Beatles really

Blown2CV

24,151 posts

161 months

Wednesday 24th July 2019
quotequote all
i find it weird that when some people really love a thing, they get angry when someone else doesn't. It's a fine line between passion and being a bit aspergers.

Thesprucegoose

24,587 posts

153 months

Wednesday 24th July 2019
quotequote all
slopes said:
Probably not as unpopular as you think.

However me suggesting that Oasis were very overrated was deeply unpopular.....the fan bois were mad yikes
They just came at a time that shifted music direction, being popular means the music must be easy to digest, like suger puffs, so loses the orginality of it's source. It is very hard to both both creative and orginal along wuith being popular.

LimaDelta

4,510 posts

176 months

Thursday 25th July 2019
quotequote all
slopes said:
Thesprucegoose said:
The Beatles are overated, there were popular but not as great as made out, there lineage directly links to modern pop tat, there were just the first to acheive mass appeal.
Probably not as unpopular as you think.

However me suggesting that Oasis were very overrated was deeply unpopular.....the fan bois were mad yikes
Oasis were essentially just a Beatles cover band with a bit more 'attitude'.

ging84

6,462 posts

104 months

Thursday 25th July 2019
quotequote all
Music is just background noise.
Some is better than others and some suits particular tastes. But to get emotionally attached to an artist is stupid.

Truckosaurus

7,746 posts

242 months

Thursday 25th July 2019
quotequote all
LimaDelta said:
Oasis were essentially just a Beatles cover band with a bit more 'attitude'.
Still better than Blur though...

DoubleD

14,430 posts

66 months

Thursday 25th July 2019
quotequote all
Truckosaurus said:
LimaDelta said:
Oasis were essentially just a Beatles cover band with a bit more 'attitude'.
Still better than Blur though...
At least Blurs songs all sound different. I find that Oasis all sound the same.

Drew106

1,008 posts

103 months

Thursday 25th July 2019
quotequote all
DoubleD said:
Truckosaurus said:
LimaDelta said:
Oasis were essentially just a Beatles cover band with a bit more 'attitude'.
Still better than Blur though...
At least Blurs songs all sound different. I find that Oasis all sound the same.
Oasis vs Blur debate...


kowalski655

10,695 posts

101 months

Thursday 25th July 2019
quotequote all
Exactly! Pulp were the best Britpop band anyway

nonsequitur

14,719 posts

74 months

Thursday 25th July 2019
quotequote all
The Beatles were / are FAB.clapmusic
I was there at the beginning, carrying the first album to school, just to let everyone know that I'd got it. Top of their game for seven years, just long enough, before splitting. There is so much more to say, but it would fill a book. Now that's an idea...
TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED