Tank miles

Tank miles

Author
Discussion

jamesbilluk

Original Poster:

2,265 posts

151 months

Sunday 13th December 2020
quotequote all
Hi all,

I'm looking to possibly change the i8 for a NA evora at some point (Long term reliability of the i8 concerns me..)
And from what I've read the Evora is very reliable.

The Evora will be a daily for me, I've read that it should be ok to get a child seat in the back (for a 1 year old) and the boot space looks larger than the i8.

I know its not the car to worry about it, butbwhat sort of miles do folks get from a tank of fuel? Also how large is the tank (tiny tank in the i8)

James

Platinum

2,099 posts

191 months

Sunday 13th December 2020
quotequote all
It's a 60 litre tank and 300 miles to the tank is easily achieveable (long gearbox.) On a steady motorway drive, probably closer to 400 miles.

I get roughly 27mpg in daily driving.


jamesbilluk

Original Poster:

2,265 posts

151 months

Sunday 13th December 2020
quotequote all
Thank you, Thats not bad at all!

giveitfish

3,611 posts

182 months

Monday 14th December 2020
quotequote all
Mine had the close-ratio box. From the Fuelly app, over 20k miles of daily driving my average was 26mpg, best was 33mpg. Max distance I ever went between fill-ups was 312 miles smile

Be interested in how you think it compares with the i8, I've always thought they were an interesting car.

t955daytona

288 posts

151 months

Monday 14th December 2020
quotequote all
I concur with both of the above, 27.2 average over 5000 miles mainly B road journeys, best of 33.5 on a run with the LR Box. Just check re the child seat and ease of strapping the baby in as the rear seat is pretty awkward to get to. Ideally you will want to move the front seat forward for access. I daily mine and its a pleasure once you are in but access is a little awkward with the wide sill. I find sliding the seat all the way back before exit helps. I'm hoping to change to a 400/410 next year and I believe these are better due to a revised sill, however they are circa double the cost. Overall they are great cars, there are a few niggles and it helps if you can fix the odd issue yourself but mechanically they are sound, only early gearboxes (CR) and clutches sometimes give issues.


jamesbilluk

Original Poster:

2,265 posts

151 months

Monday 14th December 2020
quotequote all
giveitfish said:
Mine had the close-ratio box. From the Fuelly app, over 20k miles of daily driving my average was 26mpg, best was 33mpg. Max distance I ever went between fill-ups was 312 miles smile

Be interested in how you think it compares with the i8, I've always thought they were an interesting car.
Thank you, thats not bad milage at all smile

I really do like the i8, but there's some things that concern me sometimes.

jamesbilluk

Original Poster:

2,265 posts

151 months

Monday 14th December 2020
quotequote all
t955daytona said:
I concur with both of the above, 27.2 average over 5000 miles mainly B road journeys, best of 33.5 on a run with the LR Box. Just check re the child seat and ease of strapping the baby in as the rear seat is pretty awkward to get to. Ideally you will want to move the front seat forward for access. I daily mine and its a pleasure once you are in but access is a little awkward with the wide sill. I find sliding the seat all the way back before exit helps. I'm hoping to change to a 400/410 next year and I believe these are better due to a revised sill, however they are circa double the cost. Overall they are great cars, there are a few niggles and it helps if you can fix the odd issue yourself but mechanically they are sound, only early gearboxes (CR) and clutches sometimes give issues
Thank you, really doesn't seem bad for a v6!

The Evora shouldn't be too bad hopefully regarding the child seat, the i8 is quite awkward to get to, and has the fun, of a wide sill, and the gull wing doors, so parking it is always a mission.

I've emailed the dealership about this one-

https://www.cedarspecialistcars.co.uk/vehicle/lotu...

it is at the bottom of the market, but looks to have been well cared for, malage is high but I won't be doing too many in it, hopefully the engine is just run in!!

blueg33

26,895 posts

192 months

Monday 14th December 2020
quotequote all
I used my n/a Evora as a daily driver. It had the long gearbox, averaged 34mpg (very little town driving) on one 2hr mway trip with 50mph roadworks for a third of it I averaged 41mpg.

Car seat should be fine in the back, my daughters 18 year old friend fitted in the back for her prom transport

jamesbilluk

Original Poster:

2,265 posts

151 months

Monday 14th December 2020
quotequote all
Thats really good! smile

Off to see this one, just got off the phone with the dealer, very helpful, he sent a walk around video, and it looks in great condition in the walk around video he did. Its had a new clutch, and cam belt with timing chain in March this year, at a large cost! And a large file if invoices, apparently it was ex lotus management first, then the current seller, so not many owners

blueg33

26,895 posts

192 months

Monday 14th December 2020
quotequote all
jamesbilluk said:
t955daytona said:
I concur with both of the above, 27.2 average over 5000 miles mainly B road journeys, best of 33.5 on a run with the LR Box. Just check re the child seat and ease of strapping the baby in as the rear seat is pretty awkward to get to. Ideally you will want to move the front seat forward for access. I daily mine and its a pleasure once you are in but access is a little awkward with the wide sill. I find sliding the seat all the way back before exit helps. I'm hoping to change to a 400/410 next year and I believe these are better due to a revised sill, however they are circa double the cost. Overall they are great cars, there are a few niggles and it helps if you can fix the odd issue yourself but mechanically they are sound, only early gearboxes (CR) and clutches sometimes give issues
Thank you, really doesn't seem bad for a v6!

The Evora shouldn't be too bad hopefully regarding the child seat, the i8 is quite awkward to get to, and has the fun, of a wide sill, and the gull wing doors, so parking it is always a mission.

I've emailed the dealership about this one-

https://www.cedarspecialistcars.co.uk/vehicle/lotu...

it is at the bottom of the market, but looks to have been well cared for, malage is high but I won't be doing too many in it, hopefully the engine is just run in!!
They didnt spec the body coloured door handles!

jamesbilluk

Original Poster:

2,265 posts

151 months

Monday 14th December 2020
quotequote all
blueg33 said:
jamesbilluk said:
t955daytona said:
I concur with both of the above, 27.2 average over 5000 miles mainly B road journeys, best of 33.5 on a run with the LR Box. Just check re the child seat and ease of strapping the baby in as the rear seat is pretty awkward to get to. Ideally you will want to move the front seat forward for access. I daily mine and its a pleasure once you are in but access is a little awkward with the wide sill. I find sliding the seat all the way back before exit helps. I'm hoping to change to a 400/410 next year and I believe these are better due to a revised sill, however they are circa double the cost. Overall they are great cars, there are a few niggles and it helps if you can fix the odd issue yourself but mechanically they are sound, only early gearboxes (CR) and clutches sometimes give issues
Thank you, really doesn't seem bad for a v6!

The Evora shouldn't be too bad hopefully regarding the child seat, the i8 is quite awkward to get to, and has the fun, of a wide sill, and the gull wing doors, so parking it is always a mission.

I've emailed the dealership about this one-

https://www.cedarspecialistcars.co.uk/vehicle/lotu...

it is at the bottom of the market, but looks to have been well cared for, malage is high but I won't be doing too many in it, hopefully the engine is just run in!!
They didnt spec the body coloured door handles!
I did wonder that! Can always get them done.

There's another one I looked at, in Blue, but has no mention of a clutch change, that one has 60,000 miles.

blueg33

26,895 posts

192 months

Monday 14th December 2020
quotequote all
There are a few things on that car you need to look at:

1. Drivers side front side light seems to have some LEDS's out. Thi sis a sealed unit and quite expensive
2. Passenger side airbag cover clips have failed (the cover will have warped), this is dash out and a new cover to fix
3. One of the keys is non original, so will that fob operate the alarm and immobiliser
4. It missed some early services, oil change is every 9k miles in the schedule
5. Spark plugs should have been done at circa 50k miles
6. Looks like the mudflap brackets have failed and they are held on by the arch liner

jamesbilluk

Original Poster:

2,265 posts

151 months

Monday 14th December 2020
quotequote all
blueg33 said:
There are a few things on that car you need to look at:

1. Drivers side front side light seems to have some LEDS's out. Thi sis a sealed unit and quite expensive
2. Passenger side airbag cover clips have failed (the cover will have warped), this is dash out and a new cover to fix
3. One of the keys is non original, so will that fob operate the alarm and immobiliser
4. It missed some early services, oil change is every 9k miles in the schedule
5. Spark plugs should have been done at circa 50k miles
6. Looks like the mudflap brackets have failed and they are held on by the arch liner
Hmm, that does look like quite a list! Perhaps I won't go for that one. Something like that dash cover would drive me mad. Interesting reading the missing services as well.

This is another one I liked the look of especially the colour combination it does look better inside as well

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202011045... New&onesearchad=New&advertClassification=standard

BertBert

15,244 posts

179 months

Monday 14th December 2020
quotequote all
jamesbilluk said:
Thats really good! smile

Off to see this one, just got off the phone with the dealer, very helpful, he sent a walk around video, and it looks in great condition in the walk around video he did. Its had a new clutch, and cam belt with timing chain in March this year, at a large cost! And a large file if invoices, apparently it was ex lotus management first, then the current seller, so not many owners
Do they have cam belts and timing chains?

blueg33

26,895 posts

192 months

Monday 14th December 2020
quotequote all
BertBert said:
jamesbilluk said:
Thats really good! smile

Off to see this one, just got off the phone with the dealer, very helpful, he sent a walk around video, and it looks in great condition in the walk around video he did. Its had a new clutch, and cam belt with timing chain in March this year, at a large cost! And a large file if invoices, apparently it was ex lotus management first, then the current seller, so not many owners
Do they have cam belts and timing chains?
They have a serpentine belt that drives ancillaries IIRC

blueg33

26,895 posts

192 months

Monday 14th December 2020
quotequote all
jamesbilluk said:
blueg33 said:
There are a few things on that car you need to look at:

1. Drivers side front side light seems to have some LEDS's out. Thi sis a sealed unit and quite expensive
2. Passenger side airbag cover clips have failed (the cover will have warped), this is dash out and a new cover to fix
3. One of the keys is non original, so will that fob operate the alarm and immobiliser
4. It missed some early services, oil change is every 9k miles in the schedule
5. Spark plugs should have been done at circa 50k miles
6. Looks like the mudflap brackets have failed and they are held on by the arch liner
Hmm, that does look like quite a list! Perhaps I won't go for that one. Something like that dash cover would drive me mad. Interesting reading the missing services as well.

This is another one I liked the look of especially the colour combination it does look better inside as well

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202011045... New&onesearchad=New&advertClassification=standard
On that list, the mudflap brackets are an easy cheap fix with stainless ones, which is good because the blue one has the same issue.

The blue one looks better IMO.