Evora 400 collecting cars

Evora 400 collecting cars

Author
Discussion

Evoras

Original Poster:

34 posts

47 months

Tuesday 12th January
quotequote all
It's back on eBay? Same seller that listed it on CC...?

plenty

3,323 posts

155 months

Tuesday 12th January
quotequote all
Evoras said:
That's an absolute bargain at that price. It's less than a trade in price. Did a dealer buy this? Looks like CC is a good place to buy a car but not so good for selling.
A lot of cars make very good prices on CC, often slightly more than you would expect based on asking prices in the classifieds. However it seems Lotuses are an exception. Make of that what you will.

BertBert

15,425 posts

180 months

Tuesday 12th January
quotequote all
Evoras said:
It's back on eBay? Same seller that listed it on CC...?
That doesn't make any sense, it was on BJH's website for sale for mid 40s iirc, then came off before the end of the CC auction. Is this a new ebay listing or just what they had up before for it?

The reduction of the reserve must have happened at the last minute as I thought it had failed to sell until I look back later.

Evoras

Original Poster:

34 posts

47 months

Thursday 14th January
quotequote all
Apparently the Evora sold but the seller is awaiting payment so re listed on eBay bit strange I know as the buyer would have a 6% deposit.

BertBert

15,425 posts

180 months

Thursday 14th January
quotequote all
Evoras said:
Apparently the Evora sold but the seller is awaiting payment so re listed on eBay bit strange I know as the buyer would have a 6% deposit.
It's an interesting facet of the CC auction process. On auction close, CC take their 6%. Then the buyer has to arrange payment direct with the seller. Obviously the buyer will still pay whether they actually buy or not, but there is still the chance they don't. I'd be mildly peeved if I were they buyer! But if they get on and pay the seller, NBD.
Bert

MrC986

2,910 posts

160 months

Friday 15th January
quotequote all
Evoras said:
Apparently the Evora sold but the seller is awaiting payment so re listed on eBay bit strange I know as the buyer would have a 6% deposit.
Now showing as sold on eBay.

Shnozz

24,082 posts

240 months

Friday 15th January
quotequote all
BertBert said:
Perhaps it's not just me! Someone I know has got an early Evora that he loves (in fact I recommended it to him all those years ago). But I've never been in it. And they are renowned for their super fluid handling. But who wouldn't go for 350 bhp in the S? Then surely 400 is better. Then the 410 lost all that weight and added carbon bits as well!

By then surely if you were looking to pay mid-60s for a used current gen 410, you'd have to try the Cayman GT4! Perhaps I'm overthinking it and should use buying power to get the best price on a latest 410 and get on with it.

Bert
The 400 is a very different car to the original Evora IMO. Firmer seats, firmer ride, tighter, more raucous and generally sportier. Great if that’s what you want but to me an exige S3 is the better sportier car and I enjoyed the S1 Evora as it was very much a GT car as opposed the exige. Whilst more practical, I didn’t feel the 400 was sufficiently more GT over the exige.

Evoras

Original Poster:

34 posts

47 months

Monday 18th January
quotequote all
Looks like the Evora 400 is for sale at Targa Florio cars for £47990. They also bought a Noble of Cc for £43000 and it's listed a £60000. That's a hefty profit on both cars if they can sell them?

CTE

1,411 posts

209 months

Monday 18th January
quotequote all
Good luck to them if they can sell them but they obviously think it is a punt worth taking...

I can`t get my head around car values at present...everything says we should be heading for a big fall as we did in the late 90`s with over valued cars (although people are obviously prepared to pay the asking in some cases), increased unemployment and the currently misguided drive towards EV...but interest rates are still too low and quite a lot of people in a more fortunate position might well want a release after being under near house arrest for the last year of so??? Go for it while you still can I guess?

BertBert

15,425 posts

180 months

Monday 18th January
quotequote all
ah, I saw the Evora on Targa Florio and wondered if it was the same one.

They are not shifting in dealers at all at the moment, so interesting to see what happens. Cost them 40.5k, achieve 45.5 when they sell it. £5k margin to cover stocking loan, overheads and a cost of servicing it? Doesn't sound too egregious to me.

jerrytlr

357 posts

182 months

Monday 18th January
quotequote all
BertBert said:
ah, I saw the Evora on Targa Florio and wondered if it was the same one.

They are not shifting in dealers at all at the moment, so interesting to see what happens. Cost them 40.5k, achieve 45.5 when they sell it. £5k margin to cover stocking loan, overheads and a cost of servicing it? Doesn't sound too egregious to me.
and they have to pay VAT on the difference too...

BertBert

15,425 posts

180 months

Monday 18th January
quotequote all
jerrytlr said:
and they have to pay VAT on the difference too...
and a very good point that is too!

bencollins4

588 posts

175 months

Tuesday 19th January
quotequote all
CTE said:
Good luck to them if they can sell them but they obviously think it is a punt worth taking...

I can`t get my head around car values at present...everything says we should be heading for a big fall as we did in the late 90`s with over valued cars (although people are obviously prepared to pay the asking in some cases), increased unemployment and the currently misguided drive towards EV...but interest rates are still too low and quite a lot of people in a more fortunate position might well want a release after being under near house arrest for the last year of so??? Go for it while you still can I guess?
There have been a lot of redundancies in some sectors, but alot of these people wouldn't be buying £40k to £50k sports cars anyway if they are in retail, bar and restaurant workers etc.

Probably the bigger reason is that a lot of people have actually done really well so far out of the situation. Others have continued to earn but with no commuting costs, lunches and coffees out, holidays, days out generally and find themselves with a bit of spare cash.

What do you do with it? Interest rates on the floor, stock markets all over the place so why not a car in the situation.

At the lower end I guess a few cars have been purchased specifically for a commute that was previously done on the bus or train.

I think some are thinking now is the time to indulge in an ICE car as well before they disappear.

SFTWend

326 posts

44 months

Tuesday 19th January
quotequote all
bencollins4 said:
There have been a lot of redundancies in some sectors, but alot of these people wouldn't be buying £40k to £50k sports cars anyway if they are in retail, bar and restaurant workers etc.

Probably the bigger reason is that a lot of people have actually done really well so far out of the situation. Others have continued to earn but with no commuting costs, lunches and coffees out, holidays, days out generally and find themselves with a bit of spare cash.

What do you do with it? Interest rates on the floor, stock markets all over the place so why not a car in the situation.

At the lower end I guess a few cars have been purchased specifically for a commute that was previously done on the bus or train.

I think some are thinking now is the time to indulge in an ICE car as well before they disappear.
Totally agree. Unfortunately with a freelance income from the fitness and leisure industry I've not done at all well during lockdowns.

The Evora is one of the few sports models that has not appreciated in the last year. Prices might not be falling but 400/410s dont seem to be selling either. As said before I think they are just too expensive new and main dealer used compared to a GTS/GT4.

BertBert

15,425 posts

180 months

Wednesday 20th January
quotequote all
And if the Lotus direction of travel is to move further up market in costs terms, they are going to have to move their product lines significantly up a gear!

Evoras

Original Poster:

34 posts

47 months

Wednesday 20th January
quotequote all
Is the Evora being discontinued this year or next? I wonder how that would affect prices.

BertBert

15,425 posts

180 months

Wednesday 20th January
quotequote all
Evoras said:
Is the Evora being discontinued this year or next? I wonder how that would affect prices.
And if so, are the Exige and Evora both being replaced by the new model? Or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick?