Max Verstappen

Max Verstappen

Author
Discussion

sparta6

2,890 posts

72 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
angrymoby said:
sdh2903 said:
The whole spat with alonso (yes I know alonso paid a huge childish part) all started by Lewis breaking an agreement.
probably because there was certainly no agreement pre Hungary (you can check the previous qualifying to see that they definitely weren't fuel burning in turns)

any attempt to subsequently introduce team orders whilst Alonso was asking & politicking in the background (& Lewis knew this) for no.1 status, whilst being behind in the championship was always going to end in tears
Especially as Uncle Ron was firmly in Hamilton's corner and together they were racing Alonso. Ron's own words.

Poor Fernando hehe

vdn

8,265 posts

175 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
sparta6 said:
angrymoby said:
sdh2903 said:
The whole spat with alonso (yes I know alonso paid a huge childish part) all started by Lewis breaking an agreement.
probably because there was certainly no agreement pre Hungary (you can check the previous qualifying to see that they definitely weren't fuel burning in turns)

any attempt to subsequently introduce team orders whilst Alonso was asking & politicking in the background (& Lewis knew this) for no.1 status, whilst being behind in the championship was always going to end in tears
Especially as Uncle Ron was firmly in Hamilton's corner and together they were racing Alonso. Ron's own words.

Poor Fernando hehe
Keep dreaming!

rofl

sparta6

2,890 posts

72 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
vdn said:
sparta6 said:
angrymoby said:
sdh2903 said:
The whole spat with alonso (yes I know alonso paid a huge childish part) all started by Lewis breaking an agreement.
probably because there was certainly no agreement pre Hungary (you can check the previous qualifying to see that they definitely weren't fuel burning in turns)

any attempt to subsequently introduce team orders whilst Alonso was asking & politicking in the background (& Lewis knew this) for no.1 status, whilst being behind in the championship was always going to end in tears
Especially as Uncle Ron was firmly in Hamilton's corner and together they were racing Alonso. Ron's own words.

Poor Fernando hehe
Keep dreaming!

rofl
rofl

Still wearing your blinkers hehe

paulguitar

13,214 posts

85 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
sparta6 said:
vdn said:
sparta6 said:
angrymoby said:
sdh2903 said:
The whole spat with alonso (yes I know alonso paid a huge childish part) all started by Lewis breaking an agreement.
probably because there was certainly no agreement pre Hungary (you can check the previous qualifying to see that they definitely weren't fuel burning in turns)

any attempt to subsequently introduce team orders whilst Alonso was asking & politicking in the background (& Lewis knew this) for no.1 status, whilst being behind in the championship was always going to end in tears
Especially as Uncle Ron was firmly in Hamilton's corner and together they were racing Alonso. Ron's own words.

Poor Fernando hehe
Keep dreaming!

rofl
rofl

Still wearing your blinkers hehe
Nobody but you is wearing blinkers.

Alonso was so freaked out by being repeatedly beaten by Hamilton that he requested - and received - FIA ‘observers’ to ensure he was getting equal treatment at McLaren.

He was, of course, but it’s not surprising he was stunned by having to deal with, for the first time in his life, a better driver. What we’ve seen in the decade and a half since then simply reinforces how things looked in 2007.

Since starting watching in the mid-1970s. I’ve been to scores of race weekends and been fortunate enough to have seen Mansell, Piquet, Senna, Prost, etc drive many times. Hamilton is the best I’ve ever seen.





sparta6

2,890 posts

72 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
paulguitar said:
sparta6 said:
vdn said:
sparta6 said:
angrymoby said:
sdh2903 said:
The whole spat with alonso (yes I know alonso paid a huge childish part) all started by Lewis breaking an agreement.
probably because there was certainly no agreement pre Hungary (you can check the previous qualifying to see that they definitely weren't fuel burning in turns)

any attempt to subsequently introduce team orders whilst Alonso was asking & politicking in the background (& Lewis knew this) for no.1 status, whilst being behind in the championship was always going to end in tears
Especially as Uncle Ron was firmly in Hamilton's corner and together they were racing Alonso. Ron's own words.

Poor Fernando hehe
Keep dreaming!

rofl
rofl

Still wearing your blinkers hehe
Nobody but you is wearing blinkers.
Special blinkers for you and vdn hehe

But if you can read and accept there is hope for you yet.


Ron Dennis, had said after the China race that the team had not been thinking about Raikkonen, but had been trying to make sure that Alonso finished behind Hamilton.

“We weren’t racing Kimi, we were basically racing Fernando,” Dennis said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/11/sports/autoraci...



paulguitar

13,214 posts

85 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
sparta6 said:
paulguitar said:
sparta6 said:
vdn said:
sparta6 said:
angrymoby said:
sdh2903 said:
The whole spat with alonso (yes I know alonso paid a huge childish part) all started by Lewis breaking an agreement.
probably because there was certainly no agreement pre Hungary (you can check the previous qualifying to see that they definitely weren't fuel burning in turns)

any attempt to subsequently introduce team orders whilst Alonso was asking & politicking in the background (& Lewis knew this) for no.1 status, whilst being behind in the championship was always going to end in tears
Especially as Uncle Ron was firmly in Hamilton's corner and together they were racing Alonso. Ron's own words.

Poor Fernando hehe
Keep dreaming!

rofl
rofl

Still wearing your blinkers hehe
Nobody but you is wearing blinkers.
Special blinkers for you and vdn hehe

But if you can read and accept there is hope for you yet.


Ron Dennis, had said after the China race that the team had not been thinking about Raikkonen, but had been trying to make sure that Alonso finished behind Hamilton.

“We weren’t racing Kimi, we were basically racing Fernando,” Dennis said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/11/sports/autoraci...
Yes, I remember. Alonso had betrayed the team in an appaling way. He still got equal treatment.

Hamilton was simply better in 2007. A lot better.




sparta6

2,890 posts

72 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
paulguitar said:
sparta6 said:
paulguitar said:
sparta6 said:
vdn said:
sparta6 said:
angrymoby said:
sdh2903 said:
The whole spat with alonso (yes I know alonso paid a huge childish part) all started by Lewis breaking an agreement.
probably because there was certainly no agreement pre Hungary (you can check the previous qualifying to see that they definitely weren't fuel burning in turns)

any attempt to subsequently introduce team orders whilst Alonso was asking & politicking in the background (& Lewis knew this) for no.1 status, whilst being behind in the championship was always going to end in tears
Especially as Uncle Ron was firmly in Hamilton's corner and together they were racing Alonso. Ron's own words.

Poor Fernando hehe
Keep dreaming!

rofl
rofl

Still wearing your blinkers hehe
Nobody but you is wearing blinkers.
Special blinkers for you and vdn hehe

But if you can read and accept there is hope for you yet.


Ron Dennis, had said after the China race that the team had not been thinking about Raikkonen, but had been trying to make sure that Alonso finished behind Hamilton.

“We weren’t racing Kimi, we were basically racing Fernando,” Dennis said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/11/sports/autoraci...
Yes, I remember. Alonso had betrayed the team in an appaling way. He still got equal treatment.

Hamilton was simply better in 2007. A lot better.


Uncle Ron clearly states he was in Hamilton's corner

But do keep your blinkers on hehe

paulguitar

13,214 posts

85 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
sparta6 said:
paulguitar said:
sparta6 said:
paulguitar said:
sparta6 said:
vdn said:
sparta6 said:
angrymoby said:
sdh2903 said:
The whole spat with alonso (yes I know alonso paid a huge childish part) all started by Lewis breaking an agreement.
probably because there was certainly no agreement pre Hungary (you can check the previous qualifying to see that they definitely weren't fuel burning in turns)

any attempt to subsequently introduce team orders whilst Alonso was asking & politicking in the background (& Lewis knew this) for no.1 status, whilst being behind in the championship was always going to end in tears
Especially as Uncle Ron was firmly in Hamilton's corner and together they were racing Alonso. Ron's own words.

Poor Fernando hehe
Keep dreaming!

rofl
rofl

Still wearing your blinkers hehe
Nobody but you is wearing blinkers.
Special blinkers for you and vdn hehe

But if you can read and accept there is hope for you yet.


Ron Dennis, had said after the China race that the team had not been thinking about Raikkonen, but had been trying to make sure that Alonso finished behind Hamilton.

“We weren’t racing Kimi, we were basically racing Fernando,” Dennis said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/11/sports/autoraci...
Yes, I remember. Alonso had betrayed the team in an appaling way. He still got equal treatment.

Hamilton was simply better in 2007. A lot better.


Uncle Ron clearly states he was in Hamilton's corner

But do keep your blinkers on hehe
It’s been surreal to witness, over years now, your relentless mental acrobatics to diminish, in your own mind, Hamilton’s achievements. I feel slightly bad for you, honestly, because you’re missing out, as someone with presumably some kind of interest in (although a demonstrably limited understanding of) motorsport.


If only the people who work at the top level in F1 had your knowledge. They’d have been able to save tens of millions of dollars by employing a better driver without the Hamilton price tag. Wonder how they went so wrong on this? Weird.




HighwayStar

3,408 posts

116 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
sparta6 said:
vdn said:
sparta6 said:
angrymoby said:
sdh2903 said:
The whole spat with alonso (yes I know alonso paid a huge childish part) all started by Lewis breaking an agreement.
probably because there was certainly no agreement pre Hungary (you can check the previous qualifying to see that they definitely weren't fuel burning in turns)

any attempt to subsequently introduce team orders whilst Alonso was asking & politicking in the background (& Lewis knew this) for no.1 status, whilst being behind in the championship was always going to end in tears
Especially as Uncle Ron was firmly in Hamilton's corner and together they were racing Alonso. Ron's own words.

Poor Fernando hehe
Keep dreaming!

rofl
rofl

Still wearing your blinkers hehe
Whatever you think… Hamilton still had to actually drive the car and complete the race. He, a rookie, took it to Alonso and Alonso didn’t like it… I can fully understand him thinking I’m in a top team, rookie teammate… I won’t have to worry about him, I’ll have a decent run to the title. Of course Lewis was way better than Alonso expected.
Interestingly, I know you’re a big fan of Hakinnen, uncle Ron was firmly in his corner and together they were racing Coulthard. Ultimately Ron has been proved right to have backed Hamilton well before he came to F1.
You’re entitled to your opinion though thumbup

FNG

3,499 posts

196 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
I was sure I’d clicked on a Verstappen thread.

vdn

8,265 posts

175 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
HighwayStar said:
sparta6 said:
vdn said:
sparta6 said:
angrymoby said:
sdh2903 said:
The whole spat with alonso (yes I know alonso paid a huge childish part) all started by Lewis breaking an agreement.
probably because there was certainly no agreement pre Hungary (you can check the previous qualifying to see that they definitely weren't fuel burning in turns)

any attempt to subsequently introduce team orders whilst Alonso was asking & politicking in the background (& Lewis knew this) for no.1 status, whilst being behind in the championship was always going to end in tears
Especially as Uncle Ron was firmly in Hamilton's corner and together they were racing Alonso. Ron's own words.

Poor Fernando hehe
Keep dreaming!

rofl
rofl

Still wearing your blinkers hehe
Whatever you think… Hamilton still had to actually drive the car and complete the race. He, a rookie, took it to Alonso and Alonso didn’t like it… I can fully understand him thinking I’m in a top team, rookie teammate… I won’t have to worry about him, I’ll have a decent run to the title. Of course Lewis was way better than Alonso expected.
Interestingly, I know you’re a big fan of Hakinnen, uncle Ron was firmly in his corner and together they were racing Coulthard. Ultimately Ron has been proved right to have backed Hamilton well before he came to F1.
You’re entitled to your opinion though thumbup
yes

Sparta will be still spouting the same ish ten years from now hehe

Big Al.

66,704 posts

230 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
Guys may I request we cut out the constant squabbling and also the multi quoting, as it ruining the thread.

TYIA.

skullcandy

34 posts

40 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
Didn't Ron's comments post-date: 1) Alonso's threats to shop Mclaren to the FIA if they did not give him number 1 status, and then 2) his decision to go through with this threat?

If yes, then of course thereafter Ron 100% wanted LH to win

paulguitar

13,214 posts

85 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
Big Al. said:
Guys may I request we cut out the constant squabbling and also the multi quoting, as it ruining the thread.

TYIA.
Duly noted, sorry! getmecoat


Back on topic, what is the general feeling here about whether Max will be willing to take Hamilton out on purpose if it’s a straight head-to-head at the last race?

I have a bad feeling that he might try a Senna move…

skullcandy

34 posts

40 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
He will definitely punt Hamilton off if it wins him the WC and use Silverstone as a justification in his head

llewop

3,330 posts

183 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
skullcandy said:
He will definitely punt Hamilton off if it wins him the WC and use Silverstone as a justification in his head
if that comes to pass

I don't see it staying in his head: he seems to be unable to filter his entitlement; has already said he's looking forward to selling more merchandise when he can put a 1 on his car.

hot metal

1,577 posts

165 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
Hope it ends cleanly

angrymoby

1,638 posts

150 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
paulguitar said:
Duly noted, sorry! getmecoat


Back on topic, what is the general feeling here about whether Max will be willing to take Hamilton out on purpose if it’s a straight head-to-head at the last race?

I have a bad feeling that he might try a Senna move…
Merc will be keen to be get a 1-2 in Jeddah to avoid such a possibility ...every chance with Jeddah supposedly more of a Merc track than Qatar (although guide book seems to have gone out the window this year)



Chebble

1,783 posts

124 months

Tuesday 23rd November
quotequote all
I’m staying away from the main threads because there’s too much bad blood on both sides of the fence - people on both sides are far too blinkered.

Back on topic, there’s an interesting interview after Qatar. Someone on Reddit posted a transcript. He does seem to be level headed, at least off track:

Jennie Gow: ‘And when it comes to the image that people have of you, do you mind what the fans think, does it even come on to you radar? Because I think people like to have an underdog to support, which I think at the beginning of the season you may well have been, and now it's kind a bit like pantomime villain at times between you and Lewis’.

MV: ‘What I think is very important is that I'm always myself. Then it's up to people to like me or not. I cannot manipulate that, I'm not like that. At the end of the day they make up their own opinion. I'm there to win. I'm there to try to get the best result for myself and the team. Naturally people like you or not, it's not gonna change a lot of what I'm doing I think. It's very important to be yourself, be real’.

JG: ‘Tell me how much it would winning this championship mean to you.

MV: ‘That's the ultimate dream and goal but I've said it many times before it's not gonna change the world, I'm still very young, I know there will be more opportunities. But, of course, when the opportunity arises you want to try and take it, that's what we will try to do.’

JG: ‘When you are not in your dressing room, in the car, during a F1 weekend, what makes you happy?’

MV: ‘A lot of people take F1 too serious. It's a big part of my life, but it's important to switch off and focus on other things, that's spending time with family and friends at home and actually don't think about racing. Some people just think that whatever happens at the race track starts to influence their personal life as well. I think that's wrong. That's where I try to devide these kind of things because it shouldn't be. It's my job and I love what I'm doing but it's important also to not think about these things and do other stuff’.

JG: ‘I find it interesting, you tend, I think, to avoid the celebrity lifestyle that you could very much buy into, but that's not your scene.’

MV: I'm not there to be famous. I don't like to be recognized. I love what I'm doing, I like to drive fast on a race track, I like to drive the car to the limit, but after the weekend I want to go home. I wish, of course, I was not known and I just could do my thing.’

JG ‘It's fascinating, isn't it? You’ve got half the society craving to be famous and known and the other half trying not to be.’

MV: ‘Everyone is different. I just like to spend time with my real friends, whom you grew up with, and they know you since a little kid, just playing and having fun and having the dream of being a F1 driver. But you shouldn't change once you are in F1, you should still have those same friends, and they tell you what you do well or not, instead of having people around you only saying 'Yes! Great! Amazing!'. Luckly I have a lot of people around me to tell me the truth so that's good.’

The last comment is pretty interesting. He does seem to be calm on the surface doesn’t he? Regardless, this has been a season for the ages, and Hamilton’s recent form has been exactly what is expected of a driver of his calibre. Whoever wins fully deserves it for me. I just hope it’s won cleanly, and there’s no contentious decisions that impact it - such as either driver intentionally causing an incident, be it Max or Lewis.


sparta6

2,890 posts

72 months

Wednesday 24th November
quotequote all
HighwayStar said:
sparta6 said:
vdn said:
sparta6 said:
angrymoby said:
sdh2903 said:
The whole spat with alonso (yes I know alonso paid a huge childish part) all started by Lewis breaking an agreement.
probably because there was certainly no agreement pre Hungary (you can check the previous qualifying to see that they definitely weren't fuel burning in turns)

any attempt to subsequently introduce team orders whilst Alonso was asking & politicking in the background (& Lewis knew this) for no.1 status, whilst being behind in the championship was always going to end in tears
Especially as Uncle Ron was firmly in Hamilton's corner and together they were racing Alonso. Ron's own words.

Poor Fernando hehe
Keep dreaming!

rofl
rofl

Still wearing your blinkers hehe
Interestingly, I know you’re a big fan of Hakinnen, uncle Ron was firmly in his corner and together they were racing Coulthard. Ultimately Ron has been proved right to have backed Hamilton well before he came to F1.
You’re entitled to your opinion though thumbup
Savvy marketeer that Uncle Ron.