Legit streaming of F1 in 2019

Legit streaming of F1 in 2019

Author
Discussion

Sa Calobra

28,086 posts

150 months

Tuesday 5th March
quotequote all
I don't do Sky/subribe tv. So for me 2019 is going to be a no go.

I'm not paying ridiculous amounts to watch streamed either.

When F1 wakes up it'll be declining. I used to love rallying. That's dying in popularity. Now F1.

Eric Mc

105,406 posts

204 months

Tuesday 5th March
quotequote all
Football is not the yardstick by which you can or should other sports. It lives on a different planet to virtually everything else.

Vaud

31,244 posts

94 months

Tuesday 5th March
quotequote all
Sa Calobra said:
When F1 wakes up it'll be declining. I used to love rallying. That's dying in popularity.
It's hardly surprising, it's a bit of a bad show these days.

l354uge

1,572 posts

60 months

Tuesday 5th March
quotequote all
Vaud said:
It's hardly surprising, it's a bit of a bad show these days.
Rallying or F1? WRC is currently in a golden era, with several different ways to watch its incredible coverage (most free) yet its still under the radar.

The damage done in the past by having manufacturers drop out, coverage go behind a pay wall and one driver(s) walk it killed alot of the more casual audience. F1 looks set to be heading the same way.

Sa Calobra

28,086 posts

150 months

Tuesday 5th March
quotequote all
Several ways? I'm genuinely all ears as I completely drifted away so don't have a clue.

Apart from sky/satellite and the odd bit on freeview where else? Any particular site on the web that doesn't freeze that you could recommend


Advertisement

l354uge

1,572 posts

60 months

Tuesday 5th March
quotequote all
Sa Calobra said:
Several ways? I'm genuinely all ears as I completely drifted away so don't have a clue.

Apart from sky/satellite and the odd bit on freeview where else? Any particular site on the web that doesn't freeze that you could recommend
BT sport, Channel 5, Red bull TV, WRC+

Ardennes92

186 posts

19 months

Tuesday 5th March
quotequote all
Last round was on 5spike, so not necessarily on everyone’s radar

London424

11,483 posts

114 months

Tuesday 5th March
quotequote all
Eric Mc said:
Football is not the yardstick by which you can or should other sports. It lives on a different planet to virtually everything else.
Then replace football with Boxing, Darts, Snooker, Cricket, Rugby etc. All went behind pay TV for the majority of coverage.

l354uge

1,572 posts

60 months

Tuesday 5th March
quotequote all
Ardennes92 said:
Last round was on 5spike, so not necessarily on everyone’s radar
Red bull TV is probably your best bet for free wrc coverage

chunder27

1,632 posts

147 months

Tuesday 5th March
quotequote all
Eric Mc, finally someone who can differentiate between football as a global and pay sport and just abotu everything else.

Cricket, darts, speedway, both versions of rugby have had to re-invent themselves to appease tv.

F1 and pretty much all motorised sport will never be able to do this, the peopel are too entrenched.

Eric Mc

105,406 posts

204 months

Tuesday 5th March
quotequote all
London424 said:
Eric Mc said:
Football is not the yardstick by which you can or should other sports. It lives on a different planet to virtually everything else.
Then replace football with Boxing, Darts, Snooker, Cricket, Rugby etc. All went behind pay TV for the majority of coverage.
And many of them rue the day.

Cricket is getting extremely worried about the state of cricket in the UK.

London424

11,483 posts

114 months

Tuesday 5th March
quotequote all
Eric Mc said:
London424 said:
Eric Mc said:
Football is not the yardstick by which you can or should other sports. It lives on a different planet to virtually everything else.
Then replace football with Boxing, Darts, Snooker, Cricket, Rugby etc. All went behind pay TV for the majority of coverage.
And many of them rue the day.

Cricket is getting extremely worried about the state of cricket in the UK.
Which ones rue the day?? The players certainly don't!

Cricket has no problems bar that people don't really want to watch 4-day county cricket anymore (not that it was that popular before). Loads of packed stadiums for 20:20 and 1 day cricket. So much so they are inventing even more versions of the short form as it gets people in the door.

Eric Mc

105,406 posts

204 months

Tuesday 5th March
quotequote all
It's much more fundamental than that. Lose your fan base - you lose the future.

Yes, the current generation get big bucks. But there may not be a future generation. Too much rushing for the £££££ in my view.

tobinen

4,663 posts

84 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
From the Sky F1 thread

dreamcracker said:
The NOWTV F1 offer is now live at £195.00 for all races live on Sky Sports.
https://www.nowtv.com/home/existing

This is not a good offer, as you can watch all the races for £135.00 with a mix of CH4, and NOWTV Passes.
Currys/Argos and other places sell NOWTV Sky Sports Week Passes for £10.00, and Month Passes for £25.00

If you have a Playstation Plus account, you can also claim a Free NOWTV Sky Sports week pass.
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/playstat...

You will need 3x Month Passes, 6 x Week Sky Sport NOWTV passes.

If you don't want to get up very early for Australia, China, and Japan then it is best to watch highlights on CH4 for free.
The British Grand Prix is live on CH4, so NOWTV is not needed for four races.
Spain & Belgium you would need to miss Friday Practice and start the NOWTV Month Passes on Saturday.

Australia - Free on CH4 (Highlights).
Bahrain - NOWTV Week Pass.
China - Free on CH4 (Highlights).
Azerbaijan - NOWTV Week Pass.
Spain (Miss Friday Practice), Monaco, & Canada - 11th May to 9th June. NOWTV Month Pass .
Austria - NOWTV Week Pass.
Great Britain - LIVE & FREE on CH4.
Germany - NOWTV Week Pass.
Hungary - NOWTV Week Pass.
Belgium (Miss Friday Practice), Italy, Singapore, Russia. 31st August to 29th September. NOWTV Month Pass.
Japan - Free on CH4 (Highlights).
Mexico, USA, Brazil - 25th October to 17th November, NOWTV Month Pass.
Abu Dhabi - NOWTV Week Pass.
Edited by tobinen on Wednesday 6th March 14:45

London424

11,483 posts

114 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
That's a creative use of 'not a good offer' there.

Basically if you don't watch all of the sessions live then you can get it cheaper. Well thanks for the info!

Deesee

1,593 posts

22 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
Free day pass here up for grabs here

We’re back on main sky now,

First to claim and I’ll pm you.

mollytherocker

14,346 posts

148 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
Just signed up to the sky £10 a month deal.

That will do!

HustleRussell

15,939 posts

99 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
You just reminded me to do it

Murdoch ain’t getting none of my hard earned

MissChief

4,998 posts

107 months

Wednesday 6th March
quotequote all
HustleRussell said:
You just reminded me to do it

Murdoch ain’t getting none of my hard earned
He won't anyway. Sky and any Shares the Murdoch family had were sold to Comcast NBC Universal back in October.
Not that I think this will change your mind though. Weirdly there was no massive influx of subscribers once Murdoch was gone. Almost as if they were just saying it as some sort of moral justification when they didn't want it anyway.

SFV

451 posts

206 months

Thursday 7th March
quotequote all
I get Sky 1 as part of my Virgin tv package, which is normally an entertainment/drama channel, and I noticed they are showing the Australian qualifying and grand prix live, including build up and post race programmes. Sky 1 also broadcast several races live last season which I recorded but seemed to be random which races were shown. I haven't been able to find which races they may be showing this season. But nice that they are showing the first race. If my tv planner is correct.