Rich Energy drop Haas. No.... Really. Seriously........

Rich Energy drop Haas. No.... Really. Seriously........

Author
Discussion

TheDeuce

2,573 posts

10 months

Wednesday 10th July
quotequote all
silentbrown said:
TheDeuce said:
Just a story based on the same tweet..
However, if it was a hacked tweet I'd expect Haas to have more to say than this...

Autosport said:
A Haas spokesman declined to comment when asked to confirm whether the team's title sponsor has attempted to pull out of its deal.
If it's fake, or they suspect it is - HAAS don't have to make a knee jerk reaction. Far better to get some intelligence on whatever has happened and work out the best response. Whatever the truth HAAS won't look bad as a result of this - notwithstanding their questionable choice of sponsor in the first place.

The Moose

18,362 posts

153 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
TheDeuce said:
silentbrown said:
TheDeuce said:
Just a story based on the same tweet..
However, if it was a hacked tweet I'd expect Haas to have more to say than this...

Autosport said:
A Haas spokesman declined to comment when asked to confirm whether the team's title sponsor has attempted to pull out of its deal.
If it's fake, or they suspect it is - HAAS don't have to make a knee jerk reaction. Far better to get some intelligence on whatever has happened and work out the best response. Whatever the truth HAAS won't look bad as a result of this - notwithstanding their questionable choice of sponsor in the first place.
You mean a professional, considered response!

Oi_Oi_Savaloy

2,221 posts

204 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
Has anyone done a deep delve into Storey's background.

I'd like to know how this fella has got himself to this point. It's like I'm stood outside a fishmongers, something smells fishy.....

TheDeuce

2,573 posts

10 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
TheDeuce said:
If it's fake, or they suspect it is - HAAS don't have to make a knee jerk reaction. Far better to get some intelligence on whatever has happened and work out the best response. Whatever the truth HAAS won't look bad as a result of this - notwithstanding their questionable choice of sponsor in the first place.
The Moose said:
You mean a professional, considered response!
Precisely. In any case, they will be asked about it tomorrow at the latest, and are obliged to make comment to Sky during pre-session interviews etc.

Edited by TheDeuce on Thursday 11th July 08:03

DS240

2,885 posts

162 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
If Haas does have the money from them in their pocket or firm guarantee they will get agreed money then I don’t see how it is egg on their face.

Whatever the back story or goal of rich energy, if Haas have their money and they now walk off, it doesn’t really matter.

It has been odd from the start, but hopefully Haas have what they want from it and move on.

Adrian W

11,250 posts

172 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
Statement from Guenther Steiner, wkers s fkwits fk fk fk

Supersam83

292 posts

89 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
Does this mean that they will revert back to the pre-Rich Energy livery because if they stick with the black and gold it is surely still promoting Rich Energy.

Will we see this livery back?:


ribiero

391 posts

110 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
Sometimes I wish I can fast forward life until the Fyre style netflix documentary comes out.

What is this guy? is he a money washer? a market disrupter in the Donald Trump world? or just another sociopath disguised as a well build company director..

sgtBerbatov

1,584 posts

25 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
Just thought on the way in to work, can the FIA or Liberty block F1 team's from specific sponsors or ban specific sponsors from getting involved in F1? Because we've had Moneytron, we've had Prince Malik and now this Storey chancer. Surely the last of these have done more to bring the sport in to disrepute than the previous two?

Robmarriott

1,740 posts

102 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all

egomeister

4,992 posts

207 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
sgtBerbatov said:
Just thought on the way in to work, can the FIA or Liberty block F1 team's from specific sponsors or ban specific sponsors from getting involved in F1? Because we've had Moneytron, we've had Prince Malik and now this Storey chancer. Surely the last of these have done more to bring the sport in to disrepute than the previous two?
I'm not sure he's eclipsed Van Rossems 5 year sentence for fraud or Andrea Sassetti getting arrested in the Spa paddock.

Yet.

silentbrown

4,934 posts

60 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
Robmarriott said:
Well, that makes sense.

While I'm not exactly familiar with the terms of F1 sponsorship contracts, I'd be amazed if it included a performance clause allowing the title sponsor to terminate at any point in the season.

Teppic

5,408 posts

201 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
Robmarriott said:
I quite like the first reply: "Ahhhh, so nobody explained to William Storey that posting a pissy tweet doesn't count as a legal termination of a contract."

Also this one: "Translation: We're currently in the process of terminating our contract with @rich_energy but Storey had a hissyfit and posted a "You're not breaking up with me, I'm breaking up with you!!!!11111oneoneone" Also, we're still waiting on our money."

geeks

4,485 posts

83 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
silentbrown said:
Robmarriott said:
Well, that makes sense.

While I'm not exactly familiar with the terms of F1 sponsorship contracts, I'd be amazed if it included a performance clause allowing the title sponsor to terminate at any point in the season.
It is F1, there will clauses to the clauses!

Meanwhile that logo is still on the car on the official F1 game hehe

Petrus1983

2,336 posts

106 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
silentbrown said:
Well, that makes sense.

While I'm not exactly familiar with the terms of F1 sponsorship contracts, I'd be amazed if it included a performance clause allowing the title sponsor to terminate at any point in the season.
If it did I imagine the Williams would look rather plain at the moment!

super7

571 posts

152 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
Didn't Haas say that the Rich energy money sponsorhip money was in some kind of escrow account or that they had bank guarantees that the monies would be paid?

If I was Haas though i'd tell them to fk off and thenn go to Whyte and offer to stick their logo on the Halo where Rich Energies knicked logo went. I'd then remove all references too RICH and replace it with stE.

Woudl love to see Whyte get there logos on though,

JonChalk

Original Poster:

2,039 posts

54 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
It’s been clear to all of us that RE have all the business acumen of a dead sparrow.

Clearly they believed they had the right to terminate via public tweet.

Clearly Haas are going to bide their time in private and take them to cleaners (for all of the scrap value if 90m cans).

HustleRussell

16,713 posts

104 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
Do we think that Storey is behind these tweets?

If so he has pulled off the impossible in actually being even more stupid than he looks.

Teppic

5,408 posts

201 months

Thursday 11th July
quotequote all
HustleRussell said:
Do we think that Storey is behind these tweets?

If so he has pulled off the impossible in actually being even more stupid than he looks.
From the Motorsport.com link that thegreenhell posted:

"Sources have told Motorsport.com that the tweet was either written by or authorised by CEO William Storey without the knowledge of Rich's investors after an apparent difference of opinion."

Edited by Teppic on Thursday 11th July 10:31