Rich Energy drop Haas. No...Really. Seriously...

Rich Energy drop Haas. No...Really. Seriously...

Author
Discussion

Petrus1983

6,496 posts

139 months

Wednesday 2nd March
quotequote all
LucyP said:
They are not sponsoring him! They are the team he is riding for. I have said this before - Rich Energy is now the Rich OMG Racing Team. They clearly either own the product, or they have the rights to make, or at least distribute it. They have a team in BSB. They also have a road racing team. As the TT is cancelled (again) this year, they have entered Dakar with James Hillier.

https://www.omgracing.co.uk/newspage/jh-roads2021-...
Didn’t agree with the previous response so am reposting this - hth.

The Ukraine thread is so fast moving a lot of people are asking the same questions - it just happens.

carl_w

7,429 posts

235 months

Wednesday 2nd March
quotequote all
Petrus1983 said:
LucyP said:
They are not sponsoring him! They are the team he is riding for. I have said this before - Rich Energy is now the Rich OMG Racing Team. They clearly either own the product, or they have the rights to make, or at least distribute it. They have a team in BSB. They also have a road racing team. As the TT is cancelled (again) this year, they have entered Dakar with James Hillier.

https://www.omgracing.co.uk/newspage/jh-roads2021-...
Didn’t agree with the previous response so am reposting this - hth.
It looks like it was renamed OMG Racing Ltd at Companies House on 11th Dec last year.

andrewcliffe

770 posts

201 months

Wednesday 2nd March
quotequote all
The current Rich Energy website suggests it is owned by Rich OMG Ltd., company number 12530776, formerly called Rich Energy OMG Racing Ltd for 1 week in March 2020. Sole director is an Alan Lowe.

Rich Energy OMG Racing Ltd., was renamed OMG Racing in December 2021. Previously it was Rich OMG LTd., for 5 weeks Feb/Mar 2020 and before that OMG Racing (UK) Ltd., It is also directed by Alan Lowe.

William Storey - aka Wierdy Beardy, is now director of a drinks company called Sirles Ltd., along with a Croatian who was also a director of the original Rich Energy company. Wolf Jerky Ltd., is still on Companies House, but all his other companies are marked as dissolved or liquidated.

Its all a tangled web...


Dr Interceptor

6,719 posts

173 months

Thursday 3rd March
quotequote all
I bet every one of them took out BB loans laugh

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Saturday 19th March
quotequote all
Courtesy of the Bahrain GP thread:

Hazmat1 said:
As if anyone was in any doubt about William Storey ( rich energy tt)
Nuts, absolutely nuts, plus implied support of Mazepin and by extension (just about), Putin.

Si1295

304 posts

118 months

Saturday 19th March
quotequote all
JonChalk said:
Nuts, absolutely nuts, plus implied support of Mazepin and by extension (just about), Putin.
It’s a fake account. Doesn’t mean he isn’t thinking it though laugh

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Saturday 19th March
quotequote all
Si1295 said:
JonChalk said:
Nuts, absolutely nuts, plus implied support of Mazepin and by extension (just about), Putin.
It’s a fake account. Doesn’t mean he isn’t thinking it though laugh
Is it? Sorry - I actually gave up following any of his / RE ones a while ago, because I didn't want him to have the follower count wink

SpudLink

4,407 posts

169 months

Tuesday 12th April
quotequote all
If anyone is wondering what they’re up to these days, it’s just been announced they are sponsoring a team in the BTCC…

https://www.btcracing.co.uk/post/rich-energy-named...

AJB88

9,287 posts

148 months

Tuesday 12th April
quotequote all
Think they sponsored Plato last year in the Astra.

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Tuesday 12th April
quotequote all
SpudLink said:
If anyone is wondering what they’re up to these days, it’s just been announced they are sponsoring a team in the BTCC…

https://www.btcracing.co.uk/post/rich-energy-named...
I'm surprised at the "...notably Formula One" comment - the thing they were most notable for was being complete wkers.

the tribester

1,722 posts

63 months

Sunday 17th April
quotequote all
BSB 2022 first race at Silverstone, 2 Rich Energy OMG Racing Yamaha riders on the podium.


HustleRussell

21,469 posts

137 months

Sunday 17th April
quotequote all
Hope the team got the money upfront.

Megaflow

8,070 posts

202 months

Sunday 17th April
quotequote all
HustleRussell said:
Hope the team got the money upfront.
Not a chance. There is no money.

Teddy Lop

6,429 posts

44 months

Sunday 17th April
quotequote all
Megaflow said:
HustleRussell said:
Hope the team got the money upfront.
Not a chance. There is no money.
That's the odd thing they've been around a few years now and as shown above OMG are a team going places so they must be getting what they need from their title sponsor.

The whole rich energy/storey saga is peculiar and I'm not defending them but maybe there is more to the Hass episode...

HustleRussell

21,469 posts

137 months

Sunday 17th April
quotequote all
What have avocados got to do with anything?

ajprice

22,724 posts

173 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all

rallycross

11,618 posts

214 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
ajprice said:
Mugs!

t400ble

1,784 posts

98 months

Wednesday 18th May
quotequote all
https://find-and-update.company-information.servic...

Update on the liquidation

48 million owed! - or am I reading wrong

JonChalk

Original Poster:

5,592 posts

87 months

Wednesday 18th May
quotequote all
t400ble said:
https://find-and-update.company-information.servic...

Update on the liquidation

48 million owed! - or am I reading wrong
That's just one creditor (Haas?, given the size of the amount).



i reckon it's £6M + 54M + £8M identified but he liquidator.

carl_w

7,429 posts

235 months

Wednesday 18th May
quotequote all
JonChalk said:

That's just one creditor (Haas?, given the size of the amount).



i reckon it's 6M + 54M + 8M identified but he liquidator.
48m Haas
8m Storey or some other connected person
6m everyone else
I reckon