2020 season plot and predictions?

2020 season plot and predictions?

Author
Discussion

TheDeuce

Original Poster:

7,309 posts

24 months

Sunday 6th October 2019
quotequote all
ukaskew said:
1. McLaren will score a few podiums

2. Leclerc and Vettel will run each other off at the first corner somewhere

3. Ricciardo will become increasingly banzai as he grows frustrated with the Renault

4. The Haas boys will crash into each other

5. Most of the races will be good, but people will still complain and say F1 isn't what it once was.
I agree with points 2-4.

Point 1: a few podiums!? That means they're gonna better the top half of the top three several times? That seems optimistic! However, it's your prediction so fair enough.

Point 5: I agree with your feelings in general about the old age whiners.. but I think it's not 'most people', it's just a noisy small % wink

slipstream 1985

7,438 posts

137 months

Tuesday 8th October 2019
quotequote all
TheDeuce said:
ukaskew said:
1. McLaren will score a few podiums

2. Leclerc and Vettel will run each other off at the first corner somewhere

3. Ricciardo will become increasingly banzai as he grows frustrated with the Renault

4. The Haas boys will crash into each other

5. Most of the races will be good, but people will still complain and say F1 isn't what it once was.
I agree with points 2-4.

Point 1: a few podiums!? That means they're gonna better the top half of the top three several times? That seems optimistic! However, it's your prediction so fair enough.

Point 5: I agree with your feelings in general about the old age whiners.. but I think it's not 'most people', it's just a noisy small % wink
Yep they would need 4 of the top 6 to have aan issue or a mixed up wet race in which case its anyones chance for a lucky podium.

TheDeuce

Original Poster:

7,309 posts

24 months

Tuesday 8th October 2019
quotequote all
slipstream 1985 said:
Yep they would need 4 of the top 6 to have aan issue or a mixed up wet race in which case its anyones chance for a lucky podium.
Which honestly won't happen of course. The top 6 cars are capable of pulling a pitstop ahead of the midfield way before anyone would plan to pit. The gulf in pace is huge and in reality number 4 team is basically in a different race to number 3 team. Not even within sniffing distance unless circumstance plays it's part and they get very lucky.

slipstream 1985

7,438 posts

137 months

Tuesday 8th October 2019
quotequote all
TheDeuce said:
slipstream 1985 said:
Yep they would need 4 of the top 6 to have aan issue or a mixed up wet race in which case its anyones chance for a lucky podium.
Which honestly won't happen of course. The top 6 cars are capable of pulling a pitstop ahead of the midfield way before anyone would plan to pit. The gulf in pace is huge and in reality number 4 team is basically in a different race to number 3 team. Not even within sniffing distance unless circumstance plays it's part and they get very lucky.
I'm also not complaining about this tbh.
1989 suzuka race was on skyf1 today. So boring no one close to each other miles apart. At least we have 6 cars close ish for the lead track dependant and a mixed up midfield who fight tooth and nail for every position.

vdn

7,734 posts

161 months

Wednesday 9th October 2019
quotequote all
Leclerc title next year. The Ferrari is the faster car and things are looking good for them. Next year will see more of it and Leclerc is the man to take Ferrari to the top. Vettel will fade further.

ch37

6,382 posts

179 months

Sunday 5th July
quotequote all
ukaskew said:
1. McLaren will score a few podiums
Boom! (that's my previous forum name)

vaud

37,725 posts

113 months

Monday 6th July
quotequote all
TheDeuce said:
In between the current season (which has been great) and 2021 which is the shake-up year, the upcoming 2020 season hasn't been given too much attention. But it's the final year of evolution in the current era - it *should* be amazing.

As the title - predictions please smile

Brave predictions only, expect them to be referred to as 2020 unfolds wink
The entire world will be struck by a pandemic that will disrupt global supply chains, kill thousands of people and lead to a massive contraction in GDP. The world will essentially shut down in phases leading to the cancellation of the first half of the season. The first race will be in Austria as part of a double header with the Styrian GP. Also it will not be the final year of the current era. Teams, seeing financial pain even agreed to costs caps.

Happy to help.

wink

TheDeuce

Original Poster:

7,309 posts

24 months

Monday 6th July
quotequote all
vaud said:
The entire world will be struck by a pandemic that will disrupt global supply chains, kill thousands of people and lead to a massive contraction in GDP. The world will essentially shut down in phases leading to the cancellation of the first half of the season. The first race will be in Austria as part of a double header with the Styrian GP. Also it will not be the final year of the current era. Teams, seeing financial pain even agreed to costs caps.

Happy to help.

wink
Cheers biggrin

You forgot to predict that in the opening GP George Russell in his Williams will spend about 20 laps battling Seb in his Ferrari!