China 2020

China 2020

Author
Discussion

Eric Mc

109,217 posts

215 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
Where are they starting the count to get to their 1,000th GP I wonder.

TheDeuce

4,217 posts

16 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
dh00065p said:
Presumably that now means that Ferrari’s 1000th Grand Prix will be Azerbaijan rather than Monaco.
Not really what they would have wished for I suppose.
I suppose it must mean that. Sad for Monaco too really, would have been quite some weekend I'm sure.


vaud

34,859 posts

105 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
TheDeuce said:
I suppose it must mean that. Sad for Monaco too really, would have been quite some weekend I'm sure.
Probably still will be at Monaco. Some nuance about "1000th scheduled race", etc. Doesn't really matter at the end of the day.

Eric Mc

109,217 posts

215 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
Like everything, it depends on the point from where you start counting. Ferrari (as a team) entered its first Grand Prix in the 1930s. It would have entered its first Formula 1 Grand Prix in 1947 or so. It entered its first World Championship Grand Prix in 1950 (like everybody else who was around at the time).

TheDeuce

4,217 posts

16 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
vaud said:
TheDeuce said:
I suppose it must mean that. Sad for Monaco too really, would have been quite some weekend I'm sure.
Probably still will be at Monaco. Some nuance about "1000th scheduled race", etc. Doesn't really matter at the end of the day.
I'd hope so. No offense to Azerbaijan.. but for me I'd rather see Monaco taken over by team red.

And as said by Eric, it hardly matters how accurate the celebration is.

LaurasOtherHalf

16,244 posts

146 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
A whole month between GPs as well weeping

TheDeuce will like the down time for inane speculation dressed up as fact I suppose wink

vaud

34,859 posts

105 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
Upside is it will be good for the teams.

With such a marathon season, 2 breaks from travel might help (esp the smaller teams who can't rotate staff as easily)

Also no factory shutdown in this gap so may create an opportunity for an accelerated "phase 2" car for some?

LaurasOtherHalf

16,244 posts

146 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
vaud said:
Upside is it will be good for the teams.

With such a marathon season, 2 breaks from travel might help (esp the smaller teams who can't rotate staff as easily)

Also no factory shutdown in this gap so may create an opportunity for an accelerated "phase 2" car for some?
Only three races before the European season however, will teams bring updates for Holland rather than Spain? I suppose it could mean if someone gets something drastically wrong it gives them a huge chance to run simulations hard.

It would be good if they ran an extra test session somewhere but I suspect logistics would put pay to that.

TheDeuce

4,217 posts

16 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
LaurasOtherHalf said:
A whole month between GPs as well weeping

TheDeuce will like the down time for inane speculation dressed up as fact I suppose wink
Well, I know you prefer to deal only in facts. And to be fair, I see some hours after the official cancellation of the GP was announced and discussed here on the China thread, you repeated that fact on the wrong thread - a useful and factually based contribution indeed. My inanity got me there about a week earlier, on the correct thread.. but I'll try and limit such useless input in the future wink


TheDeuce

4,217 posts

16 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
LaurasOtherHalf said:
Only three races before the European season however, will teams bring updates for Holland rather than Spain? I suppose it could mean if someone gets something drastically wrong it gives them a huge chance to run simulations hard.

It would be good if they ran an extra test session somewhere but I suspect logistics would put pay to that.
Oh no! Look at this! More speculation biggrin

All those 'if's' and '?'s' ... 'suppose', 'suspect'...

Tut tut... You're making this place out to be some sort of internet discussion forum!!