Lewis Hamilton (Vol. 2)

Lewis Hamilton (Vol. 2)

Author
Discussion

swisstoni

9,547 posts

237 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
vaud said:
I've applied a complex set of maths and analysis to come up with a definitive list:

Hamilton: Brilliant
Schumacher: Brilliant
Senna: Brilliant
Prost: Brilliant
Fangio: Brilliant

etc

wink

Bo_apex

1,140 posts

176 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
M5-911 said:
I think that Toto shut the debates :

“I don’t want to allow these voices that say ‘well he drives a Mercedes, it’s obvious that he wins these races’.

“Well the drivers who say that, they should try and analyze why they haven’t found their way into a Mercedes"
How does this explain Bottas ?
Better drivers require Toto as their manager ?

paulguitar

7,980 posts

71 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
Bo_apex said:
How does this explain Bottas ?
Better drivers require Toto as their manager ?
He has an equal opportunity to Hamilton. He's just not as good, as is the case with all of Hamilton's teammates.

Bo_apex

1,140 posts

176 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
paulguitar said:
Bo_apex said:
How does this explain Bottas ?
Better drivers require Toto as their manager ?
He has an equal opportunity to Hamilton. He's just not as good, as is the case with all of Hamilton's teammates.
I was referring to this quote;
“Well the drivers who say that, they should try and analyze why they haven’t found their way into a Mercedes"


M5-911

238 posts

3 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
Bo_apex said:
I was referring to this quote;
“Well the drivers who say that, they should try and analyze why they haven’t found their way into a Mercedes"
I think that when Bottas joined the team, Toto had high hopes for him. He was doing great at Williams. In term of qualification, appart from Hamilton and Max, I don't think that any other drivers can match Bottas.
Race wise, Hamilton is on another planet and it must have affected him greatly from day one. His confidence plummeted.

After all that is the reason why Jos Verstapen did not want Max to join Mercedes in 2017, he said that it was to tricky to put Max agaisnt Lewis as it could completely distabilize Max and take is confidence away. (I'll try to find the article online as it will be better worded than my foreign English writing). Mind, it could have gone the other way as well.

Graveworm

5,330 posts

29 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
glazbagun said:
Prost beating Lauda & Senna.
Nico beating Lewis.

Anyone else?
That years champion obviously none.
Or did you mean previous?
In which case there are more than that.

Graveworm

5,330 posts

29 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
Bo_apex said:
paulguitar said:
Bo_apex said:
How does this explain Bottas ?
Better drivers require Toto as their manager ?
He has an equal opportunity to Hamilton. He's just not as good, as is the case with all of Hamilton's teammates.
I was referring to this quote;
“Well the drivers who say that, they should try and analyze why they haven’t found their way into a Mercedes"
Sky had a great documentary about Jochen Rindt. When he was risking everything running around fighting for the lower places in uncompetitive Coopers and Brabhams he rightly pointed out that the best drivers get to drive the competitive cars.
It's always been that way and always will be, otherwise Toto could save a lot of money by putting Mazepin in the seat.

Bo_apex

1,140 posts

176 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
M5-911 said:
Bo_apex said:
I was referring to this quote;
“Well the drivers who say that, they should try and analyze why they haven’t found their way into a Mercedes"
I think that when Bottas joined the team, Toto had high hopes for him. He was doing great at Williams. In term of qualification, appart from Hamilton and Max, I don't think that any other drivers can match Bottas.
Race wise, Hamilton is on another planet and it must have affected him greatly from day one. His confidence plummeted.

After all that is the reason why Jos Verstapen did not want Max to join Mercedes in 2017, he said that it was to tricky to put Max agaisnt Lewis as it could completely distabilize Max and take is confidence away. (I'll try to find the article online as it will be better worded than my foreign English writing). Mind, it could have gone the other way as well.
Massa was sadly never the same after that missile fractured his skull so I'm not surprised Bottas got the run.

Was Max still a teenager in '16/'17 ?
Probably too young for a Mercedes seat.

There are several drivers who race better than Bottas and Toto's statement comes across somewhat embellished.


kiseca

8,270 posts

177 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
glazbagun said:
Prost beating Lauda & Senna.
Nico beating Lewis.

Anyone else?
Patrese beat reigning champion Piquet in 1982.

Graveworm

5,330 posts

29 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
kiseca said:
Patrese beat reigning champion Piquet in 1982.
Hamilton beat Alonso and Button.


Nampahc Niloc

476 posts

36 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
Graveworm said:
kiseca said:
Patrese beat reigning champion Piquet in 1982.
Hamilton beat Alonso and Button.
And Button beat Hamilton. I’m not sure where we’re going with this?

thegreenhell

7,658 posts

177 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
Nampahc Niloc said:
And Button beat Hamilton. I’m not sure where we’re going with this?
Around in circles, I think.

angrymoby

1,246 posts

136 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
Nampahc Niloc said:
And Button beat Hamilton. I’m not sure where we’re going with this?
Hamilton wasn't a reigning champion when Button beat him ...where as Alonso (2006 champion) & Button (2009) were

MarkwG

2,488 posts

147 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
Bo_apex said:
M5-911 said:
Bo_apex said:
I was referring to this quote;
“Well the drivers who say that, they should try and analyze why they haven’t found their way into a Mercedes"
I think that when Bottas joined the team, Toto had high hopes for him. He was doing great at Williams. In term of qualification, appart from Hamilton and Max, I don't think that any other drivers can match Bottas.
Race wise, Hamilton is on another planet and it must have affected him greatly from day one. His confidence plummeted.

After all that is the reason why Jos Verstapen did not want Max to join Mercedes in 2017, he said that it was to tricky to put Max agaisnt Lewis as it could completely distabilize Max and take is confidence away. (I'll try to find the article online as it will be better worded than my foreign English writing). Mind, it could have gone the other way as well.
Massa was sadly never the same after that missile fractured his skull so I'm not surprised Bottas got the run.

Was Max still a teenager in '16/'17 ?
Probably too young for a Mercedes seat.

There are several drivers who race better than Bottas and Toto's statement comes across somewhat embellished.
That's only with the benefit of hindsight: if any drivers career path was linear & predictable, there'd be no point in racing or watching...he was the best option with the most potential at the time he was signed.

HighwayStar

3,037 posts

102 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
MarkwG said:
Bo_apex said:
M5-911 said:
Bo_apex said:
I was referring to this quote;
“Well the drivers who say that, they should try and analyze why they haven’t found their way into a Mercedes"
I think that when Bottas joined the team, Toto had high hopes for him. He was doing great at Williams. In term of qualification, appart from Hamilton and Max, I don't think that any other drivers can match Bottas.
Race wise, Hamilton is on another planet and it must have affected him greatly from day one. His confidence plummeted.

After all that is the reason why Jos Verstapen did not want Max to join Mercedes in 2017, he said that it was to tricky to put Max agaisnt Lewis as it could completely distabilize Max and take is confidence away. (I'll try to find the article online as it will be better worded than my foreign English writing). Mind, it could have gone the other way as well.
Massa was sadly never the same after that missile fractured his skull so I'm not surprised Bottas got the run.

Was Max still a teenager in '16/'17 ?
Probably too young for a Mercedes seat.

There are several drivers who race better than Bottas and Toto's statement comes across somewhat embellished.
That's only with the benefit of hindsight: if any drivers career path was linear & predictable, there'd be no point in racing or watching...he was the best option with the most potential at the time he was signed.
Besides, no disrespect to Bottas but my take on what Totto said was more in respect of Lewis.

kiseca

8,270 posts

177 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
thegreenhell said:
Nampahc Niloc said:
And Button beat Hamilton. I’m not sure where we’re going with this?
Around in circles, I think.
We're listing drivers who beat a reigning champion team mate.

glazbagun

10,964 posts

155 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
Graveworm said:
glazbagun said:
Prost beating Lauda & Senna.
Nico beating Lewis.

Anyone else?
That years champion obviously none.
Or did you mean previous?
In which case there are more than that.
Previous years champion whilst driving the same car. Amazingly I forgot about Lewis as he didn't win that year. I wonder if he'd give up two or thee WDCs to be the only rookie champion ever?


Edited by glazbagun on Wednesday 14th October 15:44

Bo_apex

1,140 posts

176 months

Wednesday 14th October
quotequote all
HighwayStar said:
MarkwG said:
Bo_apex said:
M5-911 said:
Bo_apex said:
I was referring to this quote;
“Well the drivers who say that, they should try and analyze why they haven’t found their way into a Mercedes"
I think that when Bottas joined the team, Toto had high hopes for him. He was doing great at Williams. In term of qualification, appart from Hamilton and Max, I don't think that any other drivers can match Bottas.
Race wise, Hamilton is on another planet and it must have affected him greatly from day one. His confidence plummeted.

After all that is the reason why Jos Verstapen did not want Max to join Mercedes in 2017, he said that it was to tricky to put Max agaisnt Lewis as it could completely distabilize Max and take is confidence away. (I'll try to find the article online as it will be better worded than my foreign English writing). Mind, it could have gone the other way as well.
Massa was sadly never the same after that missile fractured his skull so I'm not surprised Bottas got the run.

Was Max still a teenager in '16/'17 ?
Probably too young for a Mercedes seat.

There are several drivers who race better than Bottas and Toto's statement comes across somewhat embellished.
That's only with the benefit of hindsight: if any drivers career path was linear & predictable, there'd be no point in racing or watching...he was the best option with the most potential at the time he was signed.
Besides, no disrespect to Bottas but my take on what Totto said was more in respect of Lewis.
IIRC it was Hulk next in line if Hamilton didn't take the Mercedes seat


Fundoreen

1,756 posts

41 months

Thursday 15th October
quotequote all
Alonso beat Lewis most of his ferrari years thus erasing bad memories at mclaren. But vettel was in the better car so beat them both.
Life can be like that.

The Moose

20,201 posts

167 months

Friday 16th October
quotequote all
I like the stat that only 4 teams have more wins than Lewis!