Croft has to go

Croft has to go

Author
Discussion

C70R

13,574 posts

88 months

Sunday 20th November
quotequote all
Adrian W said:
How can he spout so much rubbish, he was just screaming gibberish, we are all watching DR and SV 100 metres between them and he’s commentating on a different imaginary race
Sky have very clearly told him to dial up the hype when the races are dull. Imaginary battles are his specialty.

Teddy Lop

6,930 posts

51 months

Sunday 20th November
quotequote all
Adrian W said:
How can he spout so much rubbish, he was just screaming gibberish, we are all watching DR and SV 100 metres between them and he’s commentating on a different imaginary race
Last week's new tyres being stickier than a very sticky stick that's sticky or whatever inane drivel he was spouting did for me. It's just condescending.

Got F1TV pro for £6.99 for a one month pass, very pleased actually. Commentary team follow the action far better and read developing situations, talk like adults that aren't addressing a summer camp for hyperactive children, and also use split screens when they want to focus on something the director isn't, such as the inevitable start replays that always play over some live track action. Didn't even miss brundles input (which has been waning anyway, I think working with croft has destroyed him).

So it'll be goodbye sky I think, guess I'll pointedly cite croft if they ask why;). Discovery app will give me Eurosport for bikes and other stuff and I'm wondering if I should bother with a Freesat DVR or go full web


LukeBrown66

3,182 posts

30 months

Sunday 20th November
quotequote all
After being a fierce critic of him for years, actually watched a race complete today for the first time in ages, with a mate who loves it to bits and the muppet was bearable today, it was not a great race obviously so he did not need to get shouty but there was enough going on for him not to stat drop every second.

Just wish he could do that every time really, all he needs to do is inform, nothing more. You get the impression he knows people, so tell us a story now and then?

C70R

13,574 posts

88 months

Monday 21st November
quotequote all
LukeBrown66 said:
After being a fierce critic of him for years, actually watched a race complete today for the first time in ages, with a mate who loves it to bits and the muppet was bearable today, it was not a great race obviously so he did not need to get shouty but there was enough going on for him not to stat drop every second.

Just wish he could do that every time really, all he needs to do is inform, nothing more. You get the impression he knows people, so tell us a story now and then?
I thought you didn't watch F1?

Daston

5,953 posts

187 months

Monday 21st November
quotequote all
Teddy Lop said:
Got F1TV pro for £6.99 for a one month pass, very pleased actually. Commentary team follow the action far better and read developing situations, talk like adults that aren't addressing a summer camp for hyperactive children, and also use split screens when they want to focus on something the director isn't, such as the inevitable start replays that always play over some live track action. Didn't even miss brundles input (which has been waning anyway, I think working with croft has destroyed him).
This is what I am thinking of doing too, I have motorsportTV for WEC/Le Mans stuff and the only other sport I watch is the NFL which I beleive Channel 5 has also picked up.

I take it the F1 app uploads past races etc to stream in case you miss it live

LukeBrown66

3,182 posts

30 months

Monday 21st November
quotequote all
C70 for godness sake add something instead of digging at people, dear me.

LukeBrown66

3,182 posts

30 months

Monday 21st November
quotequote all
C70 for godness sake add something instead of digging at people, dear me.

I explained why if you actually can read

C70R

13,574 posts

88 months

Monday 21st November
quotequote all
LukeBrown66 said:
C70 for godness sake add something instead of digging at people, dear me.

I explained why if you actually can read
What an utter wally you are. laugh

LukeBrown66

3,182 posts

30 months

Monday 21st November
quotequote all
Again, add something or be reported, if you dont add to thread with something useful other than mickey taking, it serves no purpose other than to give you a boner. And try and get likes form like minded people, go on social media if you want that tripe.

Gary C

10,449 posts

163 months

Monday 21st November
quotequote all
C70R said:
Sky have very clearly told him to dial up the hype when the races are dull. Imaginary battles are his specialty.
Unfortunately, I think this is the nub of the problem.


CoolHands

16,123 posts

179 months

Monday 21st November
quotequote all
Brainpox said:
Just described Lewis as a sleeping praying mantis for some reason. Imagine paying someone to say things like that.
I don’t watch sky but this thread does provide a good laugh. The only time I hear him is on youtube clips which is bad enough.