2021 F1 cars thread

2021 F1 cars thread

Author
Discussion

jsf

22,710 posts

202 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
RichB said:
liders get meticulously cleaned after every single flight and polished every few months (or when there's no thermals to pass the time on a Sunday afternoon) wink
The ones i flew were like a brick, no polishing would help. biggrin

Pizzaeatingking

444 posts

37 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
ch37 said:
ajprice said:
2020 wide floor on the Haas, it is the new livery on 2020 car.
I think Haas were the one ream that called it like it is, a livery launch.
Yeah I think it was known beforehand that the HAAS was going to be the new livery on the old car.

I like all of them so far, ironic that for years everyone wanted an orange Mclaren, now we have one people moan it looks naff lol.

jsf

22,710 posts

202 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Pizzaeatingking said:
Yeah I think it was known beforehand that the HAAS was going to be the new livery on the old car.

I like all of them so far, ironic that for years everyone wanted an orange Mclaren, now we have one people moan it looks naff lol.
The McLaren looks great, especially on track. You certainly cant miss it. It gives a very strong brand identity.

Mr_Thyroid

1,992 posts

193 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Pizzaeatingking said:
Yeah I think it was known beforehand that the HAAS was going to be the new livery on the old car.

I like all of them so far, ironic that for years everyone wanted an orange Mclaren, now we have one people moan it looks naff lol.
Isn't just that it's indistinguishable from last year's - we want to see something fresh. But personally the 2019 car was the best of the orange liveries so far.

RichB

45,204 posts

250 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
jsf said:
RichB said:
liders get meticulously cleaned after every single flight and polished every few months (or when there's no thermals to pass the time on a Sunday afternoon) wink
The ones i flew were like a brick, no polishing would help. biggrin
JSF ready to launch in his glider hehe


F1GTRUeno

4,984 posts

184 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
ChocolateFrog said:
There really isn't a bad looking car among them this year.
Good liveries, but only good.

The basic fact that the cars are massive land whales, far too long and not pretty in the slightest means the cars themselves are all ugly.

jsf

22,710 posts

202 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
RichB said:
JSF ready to launch in his glider hehe

Close, i flew solo in XE791 biggrin It's still flying out in Belgium. eek

aston80

250 posts

7 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
ajprice said:
They said in the video that they're hiding their new floor edge until testing, they think they've got something the others will want to do their versions of and hiding it now stops any copying.
I was literally about to ask why any of the teams would show their hand. Makes more sense to just do a livery reveal on the 2020 car.

JonChalk

4,581 posts

76 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
DanielSan said:
Wonder how Mick Schumacher is going to feel racing under the Russian flag scratchchin

Piginapoke

Original Poster:

1,977 posts

151 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
JonChalk said:
DanielSan said:
Wonder how Mick Schumacher is going to feel racing under the Russian flag scratchchin
I'm guessing Stalingrad is off the table smile

RichB

45,204 posts

250 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
JonChalk said:
DanielSan said:
Wonder how Mick Schumacher is going to feel racing under the Russian flag scratchchin
confused

rider73

1,423 posts

43 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
JonChalk said:
DanielSan said:
Wonder how Mick Schumacher is going to feel racing under the Russian flag scratchchin
eh? why would he feel any issue?

JonChalk

4,581 posts

76 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
rider73 said:
JonChalk said:
DanielSan said:
Wonder how Mick Schumacher is going to feel racing under the Russian flag scratchchin
eh? why would he feel any issue?
Are you genuinely saying you cannot think of any reason he might have some feelings on the matter? personal? professional? sporting? historical? current politics? ethical?

Nobody is or has said, he does or does not, merely asking for use of imagination for discussion purposes.

I'm not going to help you out with this one.....

WickerBill

871 posts

14 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
JonChalk said:
Are you genuinely saying you cannot think of any reason he might have some feelings on the matter? personal? professional? sporting? historical? current politics? ethical?

Nobody is or has said, he does or does not, merely asking for use of imagination for discussion purposes.

I'm not going to help you out with this one.....
Not sure the German flag is any more ethical historically, politically or from a sporting point of view....

RichB

45,204 posts

250 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
That's a lot of waffle to dig yourself out of a pointless comment biglaugh

thegreenhell

8,687 posts

185 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
Apparently WADA are investigating the Haas livery.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wada-looking-in...

AJB88

7,734 posts

137 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
WickerBill said:
Not sure the German flag is any more ethical historically, politically or from a sporting point of view....
Current one wasn't being used then though was it, it was a lot more red, with white and black.

RonaldMcDonaldAteMyCat

12,756 posts

61 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
thegreenhell said:
Apparently WADA are investigating the Haas livery.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wada-looking-in...
It's pretty blatant.

KR158

509 posts

125 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
I've just stumbled across this on the 8uto5p0rt Forum, "Apparently" this is the new Williams Livery.

Removed.







Edited by KR158 on Friday 5th March 13:45

TheDeuce

9,550 posts

32 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
thegreenhell said:
Apparently WADA are investigating the Haas livery.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wada-looking-in...
I get why they'd be pissed off that there is essentially a Russian flag on the car... But as much as the design can be said to reflect the flag, it also legitimately reflects the teams sponsor, and I'm not sure what can be done about that. They can't stop all Russians from sponsoring F1 can they? And some Russians firms will feature the flags colours in their logos..

Are the WADA going to achieve anything here other drawing extra attention to the branding on the car..?