Silverstone testing lights for a night race in 2022

Silverstone testing lights for a night race in 2022

Author
Discussion

FourWheelDrift

Original Poster:

83,180 posts

256 months

coppice

6,961 posts

116 months

Saturday 27th November
quotequote all
Wtf for ? Night races for single seaters are cynical gimmickry employed by joke Gulf states so they can ensure that their expensively procured Grands Prix can be shown at the preferred time for TV audiences .

Munter

30,919 posts

213 months

Saturday 27th November
quotequote all
coppice said:
Wtf for ? Night races for single seaters are cynical gimmickry employed by joke Gulf states so they can ensure that their expensively procured Grands Prix can be shown at the preferred time for TV audiences .
rofl someone didn't follow the link.

coppice

6,961 posts

116 months

Saturday 27th November
quotequote all
Peccavi .

WelshChris

1,015 posts

226 months

Saturday 27th November
quotequote all
I was invited to the press preview on Thursday evening. Interesting to see the Merc lapping in pitch darkness. Ant Davidson was driving and told me he "couldn't see a thing", but he wasn't shy with the throttle! yikes

It did look spectacular with the whole lightshow effect though!

CJP_0785 by Chris Parry, on Flickr

CJP_0696 by Chris Parry, on Flickr

CJP_0804 by Chris Parry, on Flickr

PH User

20,571 posts

80 months

Saturday 27th November
quotequote all
Munter said:
coppice said:
Wtf for ? Night races for single seaters are cynical gimmickry employed by joke Gulf states so they can ensure that their expensively procured Grands Prix can be shown at the preferred time for TV audiences .
rofl someone didn't follow the link.
laugh


I like the gimmickry night races, but I wish they had lighting like this Silverstone one has.

Fundoreen

2,608 posts

55 months

Saturday 27th November
quotequote all
Still not sure what mercedes were promoting there but obviously not a night race.
They do them in places its too hot in the day.
Imagine a windy and rainy silverstone at night . I would be both howling with laughter and sympathizing with
all the punters huddled together wishing it would end soon.

PH User

20,571 posts

80 months

Saturday 27th November
quotequote all
Fundoreen said:
Still not sure what mercedes were promoting there but obviously not a night race.
They do them in places its too hot in the day.
Imagine a windy and rainy silverstone at night . I would be both howling with laughter and sympathizing with
all the punters huddled together wishing it would end soon.
I've been to 24 hour races at Silverstone in the summer and had a fantastic time.

JonChalk

4,888 posts

82 months

Saturday 27th November
quotequote all
For those of you missing the "joke":

https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/lap-of-lights