Disaster Grid Walk

Disaster Grid Walk

Author
Discussion

Spevs

Original Poster:

29 posts

5 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
Well, how uncomfortable was that. Martin was as out of his comfort zone as much as the driver's are on the crap track. However, it is not unnoticeable that the tennis players don't want to talk to a non black journalist about F1. Who says we should embrace everyone, I do.....

Pebbles167

2,758 posts

129 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
I don't think race has anything to do with it. But I agree, it was somewhat cringeworthy.

Heartworm

1,804 posts

138 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
Spevs said:
Well, how uncomfortable was that. Martin was as out of his comfort zone as much as the driver's are on the crap track. However, it is not unnoticeable that the tennis players don't want to talk to a non black journalist about F1. Who says we should embrace everyone, I do.....
What are you on about, it's no words than Monaco etc, the grid walks always a waste of time in these pieces. And it's nothing to do with race,

vulture1

9,940 posts

156 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
Been discused in the main thread. Martin knows what he is doing. the celebs made a fool of themselves.

Spevs

Original Poster:

29 posts

5 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
vulture1 said:
Been discused in the main thread. Martin knows what he is doing. the celebs made a fool of themselves.
They did

WindyCommon

2,831 posts

216 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
The whole pre-race grid routine has taken a very wrong turn. I suspect that many of the celebs parading around have no interest in the sport - it’s just another opportunity for so-called A-listers to be seen. They are there only for themselves. The sport doesn’t need it, I don’t see how it helps sponsors.

The only people on the track pre-race should be the drivers, their crews, race officials and the race media.

Time for a change.

Spevs

Original Poster:

29 posts

5 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
WindyCommon said:
The whole pre-race grid routine has taken a very wrong turn. I suspect that many of the celebs parading around have no interest in the sport - it’s just another opportunity for so-called A-listers to be seen. They are there only for themselves. The sport doesn’t need it, I don’t see how it helps sponsors.

The only people on the track pre-race should be the drivers, their crews, race officials and the race media.

Time for a change.
Agree

CocoUK

871 posts

159 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
I can’t decide which Brundle despises most;

Walking the grid and forced to talk to ‘celeb’ w@@kers
Or
Standing in the commentary box and forced to talk with Crofty w@@ker

zetec

4,446 posts

228 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
WindyCommon said:
The whole pre-race grid routine has taken a very wrong turn. I suspect that many of the celebs parading around have no interest in the sport - it’s just another opportunity for so-called A-listers to be seen. They are there only for themselves. The sport doesn’t need it, I don’t see how it helps sponsors.

The only people on the track pre-race should be the drivers, their crews, race officials and the race media.

Time for a change.
Agree, I can’t quite put my finger on it but I am sure Pharrel Williams seemed to only be there to promote a watch brand? He didn’t mention which one though……..

Spevs

Original Poster:

29 posts

5 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
CocoUK said:
I can’t decide which Brundle despises most;

Walking the grid and forced to talk to ‘celeb’ w@@kers
Or
Standing in the commentary box and forced to talk with Crofty w@@ker
Both are difficult, I don't envy him....😳

Spevs

Original Poster:

29 posts

5 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
Perhaps someone should tell Martin we don't give a st what they think

LukeBrown66

2,243 posts

23 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
I didn't watch it, but I guess he is heavily directed to talk to people instead of doing what he wants to do.

Says it all really.

Blink982

640 posts

81 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
Most of us would give our starboard nut to get the access these vacuous, self absorbed, rude aholes get. They’re only there for likes and more followers. Someone above alluded to the fact, it’s no worse than Monaco. I disagree, this has been utterly embarrassing but I’m sure the exposure and pizzazz are more important than the actual motor race in the eyes of Liberty.

Mark V GTD

1,240 posts

101 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
Watched this pantomime for 30 seconds and switched off. Switched back for the start of the formation lap and race start.

g4ry13

13,802 posts

232 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
I liked that the Bahrain royalty was some fat guy in a plain t-shirt who was happy to acknowledge Martin and speak with him. Whereas the celebs were all dolled up and weren't polite enough to acknowledge another human being.

Jenny Tailor

1,028 posts

14 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
Grid walk needs major rethink. Ban Celebs/ Social Influencers etc . Period.

g4ry13

13,802 posts

232 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
Jenny Tailor said:
Grid walk needs major rethink. Ban Celebs/ Social Influencers etc . Period.
Might as well take Monaco off the calendar then if that's the case.

Oligen

21 posts

5 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
Where’s Raikonnen when you need him saying he missed the presentation to pele because he was having a st.

FeelingLucky

964 posts

141 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
The moment with Zac/Mario/Emmo was quite nice. All downhill from there.

The tennis players showed themselves in a particularly bad light IMO.

faa77

1,095 posts

48 months

Sunday 8th May
quotequote all
They need to do something like you can only attend "Class A races" if you've attended 4-5 previous races in the last 12 months. (4-5 or whatever a sensible number should be)