Pictures of decently Modified cars [Vol. 2]

Pictures of decently Modified cars [Vol. 2]

Author
Discussion

piers1

691 posts

158 months

Saturday 7th March 2020
quotequote all
This may divide opinion, Bentley wheels on a lowered VW, however it is well done and well looked after by the look of it and I thought it loooed great.

irocfan

26,565 posts

154 months

Saturday 7th March 2020
quotequote all
Hugo a Gogo said:
has this turned into "decently photoshopped cars"?
TBH there are soooo many decently/madly modded cars as well as photoshops I really don't know which is which - my apologies

Horsey McHorseface

1,785 posts

148 months

Saturday 7th March 2020
quotequote all
irocfan said:
Hugo a Gogo said:
has this turned into "decently photoshopped cars"?
TBH there are soooo many decently/madly modded cars as well as photoshops I really don't know which is which - my apologies
Apologies for what? This is real:

irocfan said:

Hugo a Gogo

22,922 posts

197 months

Saturday 7th March 2020
quotequote all
Horsey McHorseface said:
irocfan said:
Hugo a Gogo said:
has this turned into "decently photoshopped cars"?
TBH there are soooo many decently/madly modded cars as well as photoshops I really don't know which is which - my apologies
Apologies for what? This is real:

irocfan said:
goddammit, you're right!
that picture looks dodgy as hell, weird angles of number plates, bits in and out of focus - and why would you use a crappy CG125?
but...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do8V27NDJCc

but the race pickup a few posts earlier is surely not real?

I don't even know anymore

RB Will

6,921 posts

204 months

Saturday 7th March 2020
quotequote all
The brown one I posted? Pretty sure it’s real. Prerunners are a big thing in the US

Mr lestat

2,913 posts

154 months

Saturday 7th March 2020
quotequote all
piers1 said:
This may divide opinion, Bentley wheels on a lowered VW, however it is well done and well looked after by the look of it and I thought it loooed great.
Yup I like that as well

hucumber

1,378 posts

61 months

Sunday 8th March 2020
quotequote all
Mr lestat said:
piers1 said:
This may divide opinion, Bentley wheels on a lowered VW, however it is well done and well looked after by the look of it and I thought it loooed great.
Yup I like that as well
I see this about quite a lot, looks great in real life

DoubleD

17,272 posts

72 months

Sunday 8th March 2020
quotequote all
hucumber said:
Mr lestat said:
piers1 said:
This may divide opinion, Bentley wheels on a lowered VW, however it is well done and well looked after by the look of it and I thought it loooed great.
Yup I like that as well
I see this about quite a lot, looks great in real life
Its not for me. Its just a small van with wheels that look too big for it.

Fermit and Sexy Sarah

8,888 posts

64 months

Sunday 8th March 2020
quotequote all
hucumber said:
Mr lestat said:
piers1 said:
This may divide opinion, Bentley wheels on a lowered VW, however it is well done and well looked after by the look of it and I thought it loooed great.
Yup I like that as well
I see this about quite a lot, looks great in real life
I like it too, just subtle enough. What it's crying out for is something like a GTi engine transplant.

Escort3500

7,931 posts

109 months

Sunday 8th March 2020
quotequote all
Fermit and Sexy Sarah said:
hucumber said:
Mr lestat said:
piers1 said:
This may divide opinion, Bentley wheels on a lowered VW, however it is well done and well looked after by the look of it and I thought it loooed great.
Yup I like that as well
I see this about quite a lot, looks great in real life
I like it too, just subtle enough. What it's crying out for is something like a GTi engine transplant.
Anyone know what the running gear is?

Butter Face

23,818 posts

124 months

Sunday 8th March 2020
quotequote all
Escort3500 said:
Fermit and Sexy Sarah said:
hucumber said:
Mr lestat said:
piers1 said:
This may divide opinion, Bentley wheels on a lowered VW, however it is well done and well looked after by the look of it and I thought it loooed great.
Yup I like that as well
I see this about quite a lot, looks great in real life
I like it too, just subtle enough. What it's crying out for is something like a GTi engine transplant.
Anyone know what the running gear is?
Hpi says it’s just a 1600 derv, MOT is out too!

ajprice

20,118 posts

160 months

Thursday 12th March 2020
quotequote all
Its not a total pass, but what I don't like is fixable (the trike on the roof). It's a BMW 2002 with a two tone paint job and a Honda S2000 engine. It should be terrible and a horrible thing to do to a 2002, but Iike it (trike excepted).

https://www.fastcar.co.uk/cars/cream-of-the-crop-b...


And no I didn't know Fast Car was still a thing either.

Steamer

12,367 posts

177 months

Thursday 12th March 2020
quotequote all
Christ on a trike!

.. I love it. Can only imagine its an awesome drive too.

No matter what they did style / scene wise, at least its not rotting away under a tarp like the majority of 2002s

mikey k

12,806 posts

180 months

Friday 13th March 2020
quotequote all
All time classic engine in am all time classic car cool

Escort3500

7,931 posts

109 months

Friday 13th March 2020
quotequote all
Get rid of the stupid front bumper/nudge bar thing, the trike and roof rails and that’s nigh on perfect.

irocfan

26,565 posts

154 months

Friday 13th March 2020
quotequote all

Gameface

16,138 posts

41 months

Friday 13th March 2020
quotequote all
laugh Love it! Can't imagine the view out the windscreen is that great though.

The Dictator

1,161 posts

104 months

Friday 13th March 2020
quotequote all
Escort3500 said:
Get rid of the stupid front bumper/nudge bar thing, the trike and roof rails and that’s nigh on perfect.
Yup, my thoughts exactly.

1430

80 posts

81 months

Friday 13th March 2020
quotequote all
Krikkit said:
Sometimes I think it's just for the challenge...

As you say, an R8 would probably snap just as much knicker elastic if that was the objective, for anyone who knows their cars it's obviously not a real one.
I doubt women would know an R8 from a TT, there is an Audi parked on every street, most people will never even see a Bugatti.

DoubleD

17,272 posts

72 months

Friday 13th March 2020
quotequote all
1430 said:
Krikkit said:
Sometimes I think it's just for the challenge...

As you say, an R8 would probably snap just as much knicker elastic if that was the objective, for anyone who knows their cars it's obviously not a real one.
I doubt women would know an R8 from a TT, there is an Audi parked on every street, most people will never even see a Bugatti.
They would probably think it was a kit car. Most people (especially women) aren't interested in cars, they would just view anyone with any sort of sporty car as a bit of a knob.