Pictures of decently Modified cars [Vol. 2]

Pictures of decently Modified cars [Vol. 2]

Author
Discussion

phil_cardiff

4,713 posts

162 months

Friday 27th March
quotequote all
and31 said:
C2Red said:
Woody.GTJ said:
RB Will said:
There was a white Brat I used to see at Castle Combe that looked ace and had an Impreza drivetrain.



I know this car well, it is stunning, not for the purists though! More here.
https://retropower.co.uk/2018/02/05/millington-dia...
Retropower do some serious stuff!
Great YouTube channel
Fantastic!!!
Lottery win and they will definitely be building me something lol
Same here. There's nothing on their site that I wouldn't want to own and drive. Even the Cavalier!

Escort3500

6,395 posts

99 months

Friday 27th March
quotequote all
phil_cardiff said:
and31 said:
C2Red said:
Woody.GTJ said:
RB Will said:
There was a white Brat I used to see at Castle Combe that looked ace and had an Impreza drivetrain.



I know this car well, it is stunning, not for the purists though! More here.
https://retropower.co.uk/2018/02/05/millington-dia...
Retropower do some serious stuff!
Great YouTube channel
Fantastic!!!
Lottery win and they will definitely be building me something lol
Same here. There's nothing on their site that I wouldn't want to own and drive. Even the Cavalier!
Me too!

Hugo a Gogo

22,674 posts

187 months

Saturday 28th March
quotequote all
I'm not the wildest Escort fan, I think they are definitely over done, but this is fecking awesome

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Superb-MK1-Ford-Escort-...

ajprice

17,431 posts

150 months

Saturday 28th March
quotequote all
Hugo a Gogo said:
I'm not the wildest Escort fan, I think they are definitely over done, but this is fecking awesome

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Superb-MK1-Ford-Escort-...
"He's not going to sell much ice-cream going at that speed, is he?"

RB Will

6,217 posts

194 months

Monday 30th March
quotequote all





Baron Greenback

4,380 posts

104 months

Monday 30th March
quotequote all
Not bad overall, wouldnt say no to top and bottom (bar those black rims yuk) the Jeep would be a handful.

thebigmacmoomin

2,505 posts

123 months

Monday 30th March
quotequote all
For me, the GTO is perfect (as is every Kindig car), not fussed with the Jeep and the Anglia is ace too but would rather have steel wheels not the modern ones, keep it looking old and dowdy.

Escort3500

6,395 posts

99 months

Monday 30th March
quotequote all
thebigmacmoomin said:
For me, the GTO is perfect (as is every Kindig car), not fussed with the Jeep and the Anglia is ace too but would rather have steel wheels not the modern ones, keep it looking old and dowdy.
Thanks; saved me effort of posting the same thing smile

Caddyshack

2,165 posts

160 months

Monday 30th March
quotequote all
The jeep needs the meme "I saw you liked turbos so I fitted a turbo to your turbo"

And yes I know it does work in theory.

pigeyman

398 posts

55 months

Monday 30th March
quotequote all


993 GT2 RWB. I've had this saved on my PC for years and I can't for the life of me remember who's car it is or when I found/downloaded the image from. Great pic though.

Mr lestat

2,537 posts

144 months

Monday 30th March
quotequote all
pigeyman said:


993 GT2 RWB. I've had this saved on my PC for years and I can't for the life of me remember who's car it is or when I found/downloaded the image from. Great pic though.
Sorry but I’m not a fan of the bolted on arches and wheels which are too big. Looks daft.

As for the huge wing yuk

Escort3500

6,395 posts

99 months

Monday 30th March
quotequote all
Mr lestat said:
pigeyman said:


993 GT2 RWB. I've had this saved on my PC for years and I can't for the life of me remember who's car it is or when I found/downloaded the image from. Great pic though.
Sorry but I’m not a fan of the bolted on arches and wheels which are too big. Looks daft.

As for the huge wing yuk
yes

HM-2

4,951 posts

123 months

Monday 30th March
quotequote all
RYB cars are terrible from both an aesthetic and a build quality perspective sadly.

SlimJim16v

2,769 posts

97 months

Monday 30th March
quotequote all
The GTO is great, bar the US craze for excessively large diameter wheels.

Chris Stott

7,673 posts

151 months

Monday 30th March
quotequote all
Escort3500 said:
thebigmacmoomin said:
For me, the GTO is perfect (as is every Kindig car), not fussed with the Jeep and the Anglia is ace too but would rather have steel wheels not the modern ones, keep it looking old and dowdy.
Thanks; saved me effort of posting the same thing smile
Dave Kindig builds awesome cars... that GTO is fabulous.

S1KRR

12,077 posts

166 months

Monday 30th March
quotequote all
HM-2 said:
RYB cars are terrible from both an aesthetic and a build quality perspective sadly.
Howso??

There's a few vids of him doing the builds if you're interested. Granted they aren't nut n bolts but no worse than most aftermarket kits.

eg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHk-EANolSI

hucumber

746 posts

51 months

Monday 30th March
quotequote all
pigeyman said:


993 GT2 RWB. I've had this saved on my PC for years and I can't for the life of me remember who's car it is or when I found/downloaded the image from. Great pic though.
Thats one of my favourite cars on the thread so far. I onow they split opiniom but theres something about RWB cars that just looks so right to me

Samjeev

565 posts

75 months

Monday 30th March
quotequote all
hucumber said:
Thats one of my favourite cars on the thread so far. I onow they split opiniom but theres something about RWB cars that just looks so right to me
+1 I'm not overly in to 911's or Porsche but RWB Cars are just gorgeous to me, every single one of them look's fantastic in my opinion and I really love the fact Nakai installs all of them and gives each individual one it's own name.

DoubleD

12,247 posts

62 months

Monday 30th March
quotequote all
Its trying hard to be cool and is failing badly

Escort3500

6,395 posts

99 months

Tuesday 31st March
quotequote all
Some they do are OK, but the one in the vid in S1KRR’s link is dire. The wings, spoilers are hilarious.