Pictures of decently Modified cars [Vol. 2]

Pictures of decently Modified cars [Vol. 2]

Author
Discussion

Escort3500

7,955 posts

109 months

Friday 3rd April 2020
quotequote all
Oof, like that

HM-2

5,818 posts

133 months

Friday 3rd April 2020
quotequote all
Can't believe I've never seen this before:













https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-proj...

Heavily modified rebored 400i V12 with 512TR heads, custom cams and Ducatti ITBs...almost everything customised or custom, including the wheels.
Extra credit for fixing a dropped valve in one of the modified heads that would have normally resulted in it being scrap due to the port damage.

LaurasOtherHalf

19,724 posts

160 months

Friday 3rd April 2020
quotequote all
Looks so wrong on those size alloys to me

DanielSan

16,063 posts

131 months

Friday 3rd April 2020
quotequote all
LaurasOtherHalf said:
Looks so wrong on those size alloys to me
I think they'd look better if it had been lowered, big wheels and standard ride height are never a good combination on any car.

swisstoni

10,661 posts

243 months

Friday 3rd April 2020
quotequote all
I think thin rubber is starting to look a bit tired (no pun intended).
Some more ballooney tyres, perhaps not quite as fat as the originals allowing a modest wheel diameter increase would suit better. IMHO.

Steamer

12,369 posts

177 months

Friday 3rd April 2020
quotequote all
Indeed - great project - but 512BB style profile rubber would be great.

98elise

18,927 posts

125 months

Friday 3rd April 2020
quotequote all
LaurasOtherHalf said:
Looks so wrong on those size alloys to me
Agreed.

lukeharding

1,961 posts

53 months

Friday 3rd April 2020
quotequote all
There was a Ferrari like that at a Historics auction last year or the year before. A few have had V12s fitted apparently. I wanted it

DoubleD

17,452 posts

72 months

Friday 3rd April 2020
quotequote all
98elise said:
LaurasOtherHalf said:
Looks so wrong on those size alloys to me
Agreed.
I like the wheels, they look great.

1602Mark

14,611 posts

137 months

Friday 3rd April 2020
quotequote all
Nice wheels but too big an arch gap and then you'd most likely need significantly more negative camber to get them beneath the arches?

Personally I prefer the idea of a 16'' rim and a higher profile tyre. I like smaller rims on classics anyway.

FoxtrotOscar1

612 posts

73 months

Sunday 5th April 2020
quotequote all
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-XgH_XBj7U/?igshid=10...

Not sure how to post pics from this link. AM Cygnet with Vantage gear.

hucumber

1,392 posts

61 months

Sunday 5th April 2020
quotequote all
Matt Cup said:
fk yes
cloud9

RB Will

6,946 posts

204 months

Monday 6th April 2020
quotequote all
FoxtrotOscar1 said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-XgH_XBj7U/?igshid=10...

Not sure how to post pics from this link. AM Cygnet with Vantage gear.
Being pedantic I think that was actually made by Aston for a customer so does it count as modified?
But yes it’s bloody cool

AstonZagato

10,206 posts

174 months

Monday 6th April 2020
quotequote all
RB Will said:
FoxtrotOscar1 said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-XgH_XBj7U/?igshid=10...

Not sure how to post pics from this link. AM Cygnet with Vantage gear.
Being pedantic I think that was actually made by Aston for a customer so does it count as modified?
But yes it’s bloody cool
Indeed - it was for the same chap who had his Vulcan made road-legal. Interesting chap with good taste in cars.

Shnozz

22,932 posts

235 months

Monday 6th April 2020
quotequote all
RB Will said:
FoxtrotOscar1 said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-XgH_XBj7U/?igshid=10...

Not sure how to post pics from this link. AM Cygnet with Vantage gear.
Being pedantic I think that was actually made by Aston for a customer so does it count as modified?
But yes it’s bloody cool
I would love that as a city car!

donkmeister

3,383 posts

64 months

Monday 6th April 2020
quotequote all
I doubt many will be on the fence about this one, but how about a Rover 75/ MG ZT pick-up? This one showed up in my eBay recommendations and I think it looks pretty decent.



If 2.5 KV6 power doesn't do it for you, this one has a Rolls Royce powerplant in the back too.



I think if the rear plate must go on the cab, it would look better with a smoothed tailgate, but that's nit-picking.

DoubleD

17,452 posts

72 months

Monday 6th April 2020
quotequote all
AstonZagato said:
Indeed - it was for the same chap who had his Vulcan made road-legal. Interesting chap with good taste in cars.
I wouldn't say he has a good taste in cars by having a cygnet

Woody.GTJ

2,090 posts

183 months

Monday 6th April 2020
quotequote all
1602Mark said:
Nice wheels but too big an arch gap and then you'd most likely need significantly more negative camber to get them beneath the arches?

Personally I prefer the idea of a 16'' rim and a higher profile tyre. I like smaller rims on classics anyway.
I agree, mines not modded enough for this thread but I’ve just put 195’s on my 14” wheels and I think the look is spot on

swisstoni

10,661 posts

243 months

Monday 6th April 2020
quotequote all
Woody.GTJ said:
1602Mark said:
Nice wheels but too big an arch gap and then you'd most likely need significantly more negative camber to get them beneath the arches?

Personally I prefer the idea of a 16'' rim and a higher profile tyre. I like smaller rims on classics anyway.
I agree, mines not modded enough for this thread but I’ve just put 195’s on my 14” wheels and I think the look is spot on
Looks good.

irocfan

26,617 posts

154 months

Monday 6th April 2020
quotequote all
swisstoni said:
Woody.GTJ said:
1602Mark said:
Nice wheels but too big an arch gap and then you'd most likely need significantly more negative camber to get them beneath the arches?

Personally I prefer the idea of a 16'' rim and a higher profile tyre. I like smaller rims on classics anyway.
I agree, mines not modded enough for this thread but I’ve just put 195’s on my 14” wheels and I think the look is spot on
Looks good.
agreed yum