Pictures of decently Modified cars [Vol. 2]

Pictures of decently Modified cars [Vol. 2]

Author
Discussion

Samjeev

627 posts

86 months

Saturday 27th March
quotequote all
MikeT66 said:
irocfan said:
Slippydiff said:
Whilst I'm not really into Yank stuff, the quality and attention to detail of the stuff these guys produce is stunning :









https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l5tL1xLc40
the quality is stunning and yet.... the wheels (again!) just don't work for me
This. Smaller wheels with more sidewall. Sidewalls are like sideboobs - the more the merrier.
Personally i've always found big body cars like the charger good with larger wheels, a set of 18-20's look alright on them and sure it could use more sidewall i'm pretty sure the Speedkore cars are pushing out atleast a decent 800+hp so I can imagine they have some gnarley huge brakes behind those big wheels that in most cases you probably couldn't fit anything less than an 18" wheel over.

Slippydiff

12,126 posts

188 months

Saturday 27th March
quotequote all
Samjeev said:
Personally i've always found big body cars like the charger good with larger wheels, a set of 18-20's look alright on them and sure it could use more sidewall i'm pretty sure the Speedkore cars are pushing out atleast a decent 800+hp so I can imagine they have some gnarley huge brakes behind those big wheels that in most cases you probably couldn't fit anything less than an 18" wheel over.
Quoted figure is 950-1000 ponies and 950 torques in the one I posted images of.

Brakes look pretty substantial :



But 950hp takes some reigning in (Speedkore reckon this car tips the scales at just over 1500kg) which given it's size I'd say is pretty reasonable.


Edited by Slippydiff on Saturday 27th March 18:02

TheJimi

19,762 posts

208 months

Saturday 27th March
quotequote all
havoc said:
irocfan said:
the quality is stunning and yet.... the wheels (again!) just don't work for me
yes

As for the "Celica" - I know it's wrong, but I love it. Someone has created an utter track monster then clothed it in something so off to the side of the Jap scene that it would only have got a bit-part in TFATF. You can imagine the looks at a trackday when that rolls off the trailer...then the completely different looks when it screams past people with THAT V8 wail... hehe
Would go something like this:

hehe

then

yikes



irocfan

26,789 posts

155 months

Saturday 27th March
quotequote all
Slippydiff said:
Quoted figure is 950-1000 ponies and 950 torques in the one I posted images of.

Brakes look pretty substantial :



But 950hp takes some reigning in (Speedkore reckon this car tips the scales at just over 1500kg) which given it's size I'd say is pretty reasonable.
I have to say that I'm surprised that they're only 19's - thought they were a fair chunk larger

irocfan

26,789 posts

155 months

Wednesday 14th April
quotequote all

NuvolAscaRina

278 posts

5 months

Wednesday 14th April
quotequote all
No....^^^ can't polish a turd .

Jules Sunley

697 posts

58 months

Wednesday 14th April
quotequote all
NuvolAscaRina said:
No....^^^ can't polish a turd .
+1 - hideous

Colonel D

395 posts

37 months

Wednesday 14th April
quotequote all
Slippydiff said:
A stunning home built 2002 here :

cloud9

Don1

14,410 posts

173 months

Wednesday 14th April
quotequote all
irocfan said:
Better than the original, finished well. I still wouldn't.

irocfan

26,789 posts

155 months

Wednesday 14th April
quotequote all
Don1 said:
irocfan said:
Better than the original, finished well. I still wouldn't.
also comes with a 7ltr V8 biggrin

https://www.autoweek.com/news/a2102096/2003-pontia...

RC1807

10,105 posts

133 months

Thursday 15th April
quotequote all
NuvolAscaRina said:
No....^^^ can't polish a turd .
...but you can roll it in glitter, and that's what he's done.


epom

7,768 posts

126 months

Thursday 15th April
quotequote all
irocfan said:
Don1 said:
irocfan said:
Better than the original, finished well. I still wouldn't.
also comes with a 7ltr V8 biggrin

https://www.autoweek.com/news/a2102096/2003-pontia...
It would look better if you were walking around with that 7ltr V8 in a wheelbarrowsmile

Its Just Adz

10,273 posts

174 months

Tuesday 20th April
quotequote all
This looks impressive


Dave Hedgehog

13,189 posts

169 months

Tuesday 20th April
quotequote all
NuvolAscaRina said:
No....^^^ can't polish a turd .
mythbusters literally proved that you can polish turds


ajprice

20,375 posts

161 months

Saturday 1st May
quotequote all
Following the Aztec turd polishing. I give you this.


I think the offroaderness suits the PT, and this looks better than the standard car to me, if a bit OTT. I think there might be a happy medium of a PT SUV, less lifted and rock crawler spec than this, but chunkier than the standard car.

Jules Sunley

697 posts

58 months

Saturday 1st May
quotequote all
ajprice said:
Following the Aztec turd polishing. I give you this.


I think the offroaderness suits the PT, and this looks better than the standard car to me, if a bit OTT. I think there might be a happy medium of a PT SUV, less lifted and rock crawler spec than this, but chunkier than the standard car.
Burn it with fire

TheJimi

19,762 posts

208 months

Saturday 1st May
quotequote all
Jules Sunley said:
ajprice said:
Following the Aztec turd polishing. I give you this.


I think the offroaderness suits the PT, and this looks better than the standard car to me, if a bit OTT. I think there might be a happy medium of a PT SUV, less lifted and rock crawler spec than this, but chunkier than the standard car.
Burn it with fire
Nah, I can see what he means, it works, imo.


PH User

17,831 posts

73 months

Saturday 1st May
quotequote all
TheJimi said:
Jules Sunley said:
ajprice said:
Following the Aztec turd polishing. I give you this.


I think the offroaderness suits the PT, and this looks better than the standard car to me, if a bit OTT. I think there might be a happy medium of a PT SUV, less lifted and rock crawler spec than this, but chunkier than the standard car.
Burn it with fire
Nah, I can see what he means, it works, imo.
It looks better than the original, so it's definitely decently modified.

RB Will

6,997 posts

205 months

Saturday 1st May
quotequote all
It is a bit like a baby Grave Digger, I’m ok with it. But then I do have a slightly unhealthy obsession with off-road versions of cars that are not supposed to be off-roaders

Harry Flashman

15,234 posts

207 months

Saturday 1st May
quotequote all
irocfan said:
Slippydiff said:
Whilst I'm not really into Yank stuff, the quality and attention to detail of the stuff these guys produce is stunning :









https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l5tL1xLc40
the quality is stunning and yet.... the wheels (again!) just don't work for me
Wheels are great. Whole thing is glorious.