Cars you didn't know existed...

Cars you didn't know existed...

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

67Dino

2,304 posts

70 months

Saturday 28th March 2020
quotequote all
BFleming said:
tr7v8 said:
Matt Cup said:
67Dino said:
They could have called that the Ur Home.
Or UR Haus
Its an Audi so sure Ur Schloss?
Ur Burg. As seen at the Ur Burg Ring.

tumbleweed
hehe

gruffgriff

908 posts

208 months

Saturday 28th March 2020
quotequote all


Yes! Was trying to decide if I remembered a Street Machine or CC feature! Heaps of cool, but belt drive??!!

legless

1,265 posts

105 months

Saturday 28th March 2020
quotequote all
Matt Cup said:
This is proper cool, the rear end has the look of an Alfa GTV.

Has anyone else got any interesting test mules.
I'm struggling to find a picture of it, but I know that at least one picture exists because I ended up getting snapped by a photographer (and it appeared on a website) leaving Whitley when I was driving it.

One of the early X150 XK prototypes I drove had the body of a X350 XJ, only the section between the B and C pillars was mostly chopped out, giving it the very odd appearance of a 2-door very SWB Xj.

Astacus

3,012 posts

199 months

Saturday 28th March 2020
quotequote all
gingabloke said:


Both built by Bill Carter.
yep, definitely reminds me of




but the idea of my toes being that close to the car in front would give me sleepless nights

Edited by Astacus on Saturday 28th March 16:08

blueST

3,303 posts

181 months

Saturday 28th March 2020
quotequote all
gruffgriff said:


Yes! Was trying to decide if I remembered a Street Machine or CC feature! Heaps of cool, but belt drive??!!
I'm sure that was in a garage in South Manchester for years when I was younger. Maybe on Princess Parkway or somewhere.

Pothole

32,832 posts

247 months

Saturday 28th March 2020
quotequote all
Loose_Cannon said:
Funny thread this, one which I've avoided so far because if anything it's just a reminder I'm getting older than I want to be!

I keep imagining crusties like me shaking their heads at the screen because some relative sprog is scratching his head over a 70s kit car, meanwhile said sprog will be utterly dumbstruck why people my age can't identify a 2019 Hyundai.

Anyhow, this is my first contribution. Be gentle and pardon me if its mentioned 15 pages back or something. I had no idea this exsited, and can't honestly explain why it does especially at £45 grand used. The 2017 Infiniti QX80, a car which makes the Saangyong Musso look passable;





How and why?

rodericb

3,075 posts

91 months

Sunday 29th March 2020
quotequote all
Astacus said:
yep, definitely reminds me of




but the idea of my toes being that close to the car in front would give me sleepless nights

Edited by Astacus on Saturday 28th March 16:08
Speaking of that Pink Panther car: https://youtu.be/4IdaI6wPqRg

It's on this recent Jay Leno video!

unsprung

5,134 posts

89 months

Sunday 29th March 2020
quotequote all
rodericb said:
Speaking of that Pink Panther car: https://youtu.be/4IdaI6wPqRg

It's on this recent Jay Leno video!
Each car in that countdown has its charms. The last two, however, are magnificent. Madcap art!

Thanks for that.

thumbup


Red Devil

12,465 posts

173 months

Sunday 29th March 2020
quotequote all
Is it me, or is that pushme-pullyu Civic crabbing like a bcensoredh?

Matt Cup

2,279 posts

69 months

Sunday 29th March 2020
quotequote all
Red Devil said:
Is it me, or is that pushme-pullyu Civic crabbing like a bcensoredh?
Probably down to it having two of everything inc steering racks.

P5BNij

8,691 posts

71 months

Wednesday 1st April 2020
quotequote all
Fraser Le Mans prototype of 1967...




CanAm

6,878 posts

237 months

Wednesday 1st April 2020
quotequote all
Was that the Imp engined car? If so, I've only ever seen a sketch of the proposed design.

Red Devil

12,465 posts

173 months

Thursday 2nd April 2020
quotequote all

F1GTRUeno

4,953 posts

183 months

Friday 3rd April 2020
quotequote all


From Touring Superleggera's FB page. Presumably based on the Maserati Granturismo.

carinaman

16,744 posts

137 months

Friday 3rd April 2020
quotequote all
Infiniti QX80 LIMITED AWD 5.6 5dr - There's a brown one on Autotrader for £45K. An utter monstrosity.

Veeayt

3,139 posts

170 months

Saturday 4th April 2020
quotequote all
F1GTRUeno said:


From Touring Superleggera's FB page. Presumably based on the Maserati Granturismo.
Isn't it a Mustang in drag?

Red Devil

12,465 posts

173 months

Sunday 5th April 2020
quotequote all
F1GTRUeno said:


From Touring Superleggera's FB page. Presumably based on the Maserati Granturismo.
yes - https://www.topspeed.com/cars/others/2018-touring-...
The convertible appeared the following year - https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/the-2020-to...

Veeayt said:
Isn't it a Mustang in drag?
There are indeed Mustang elements in the design. See the second link above. smile

threespires

3,769 posts

176 months

Sunday 5th April 2020
quotequote all
Killeen K16
"the Killeen K16, also known as the Springbok K16 and it is one of many projects by Tom Killeen, a former Jensen engineer and draughtsman who passed away in 1991."

Link -
http://maximummini.blogspot.com/2012/12/urban-lege...

And his Imp based Scorpion

Link -
https://www.imps4ever.info/specials/scorpion.html

saaby93

28,119 posts

143 months

Sunday 5th April 2020
quotequote all
threespires said:
Killeen K16
"the Killeen K16, also known as the Springbok K16 and it is one of many projects by Tom Killeen, a former Jensen engineer and draughtsman who passed away in 1991."

Link -
http://maximummini.blogspot.com/2012/12/urban-lege...

And his Imp based Scorpion

Link -
https://www.imps4ever.info/specials/scorpion.html


There's quite a bit of Clan Crusader in that - maybe it's where you end up if you begin with an Imp.

Hugo a Gogo

22,947 posts

198 months

Sunday 5th April 2020
quotequote all
Astacus said:
gingabloke said:


Both built by Bill Carter.
yep, definitely reminds me of




but the idea of my toes being that close to the car in front would give me sleepless nights

Edited by Astacus on Saturday 28th March 16:08
Clearly never driven an old VW van
TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED