Spotted Ordinary Abandoned Vehicles

Spotted Ordinary Abandoned Vehicles

Author
Discussion

Wheel_Turned_Out

321 posts

2 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Khonda said:
I drove past this a couple of weeks ago. That is one busy front garden! I wonder what the neighbour thinks especially with their driveway being blocked.


I can’t seem to be able to post the google map link, but this is the code:

8F4Q+JR Bury Saint Edmund

Can anyone tell the year it was taken?
Only a couple of years old.



Apparently it has been an ongoing thing for quite some time though!



Edit- a slightly better shot of the older photo.



Edited by Wheel_Turned_Out on Wednesday 3rd March 14:16

blongs

190 posts

99 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
A 2for1 here with them both not moving for 10 years at least according to Google maps. I've lived here 5 years and they haven't moved. The house looks the same so I assume deceased owner.

Loads of lower body rust and flat tyres all around






glazbagun

11,623 posts

161 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Grass still cut and the Punto has a taped up reg, which is unusual. Maybe just the same as so many on this thread- people got old and stopped taking their cars out but saw no need to get rid of them.

Zippee

12,453 posts

198 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Not sure if this is really right for this thread but found this on a lock down walk

Steamer

12,367 posts

177 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all


Extensive bodywork damage and staining to the upholstery?! boxedin

Sorry... first thing that sprang to mind!

pzero64

2,069 posts

205 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Steamer said:


Extensive bodywork damage and staining to the upholstery?! boxedin

Sorry... first thing that sprang to mind!
Ouch!

Khonda

38 posts

28 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
KTF said:
Khonda said:
Can anyone tell the year it was taken?
It says April 2019 at the bottom of the screen on the desktop maps view.
Thanks for that, the car at the front (white Astra?) looked in a much worse state so the photos being a couple of years old makes sense.

Khonda

38 posts

28 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
saladdays said:
The front and back gardens are full of cars. About 30!
Plus there looks to be no rear garden access so some of those are properly blocked in.

Khonda

38 posts

28 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
S16KBW said:
Richard-390a0 said:
As much as we're all interested in cars on this site you've got to feel sorry for the neighbours either side / opposite etc having to live next to that & no realistic chance of selling your own property for its full market value due to this property. They could be the loveliest most helpful people but fk me!!!
Thats always my thoughts too, I've seen a couple personally now nice enough streets and one house just looking like a scrap yard making the whole street look ste
I feel sorry for them as well. I know it’s self inflicted but it must so detrimental to every aspect of their lives.

Nickbrapp

3,942 posts

94 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all


This duster has been sorn, MOT ran out January 2020, it’s parked outside a house in central Cardiff that also looks abandoned, I park by it most days and the curtains are always closed. Easily worth £350k, strange one

They also had a corsa outside, which was just as mouldy but it was removed by the DVLA as it was untaxed on a public road.

I do wonder what’s gone on.

The Spruce Goose

27,734 posts

159 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Nickbrapp said:


I do wonder what’s gone on.
Get a parcel with some tat, go knock on the door or neighbours and report back..

Blakewater

3,685 posts

121 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Nickbrapp said:


This duster has been sorn, MOT ran out January 2020, it’s parked outside a house in central Cardiff that also looks abandoned, I park by it most days and the curtains are always closed. Easily worth £350k, strange one

They also had a corsa outside, which was just as mouldy but it was removed by the DVLA as it was untaxed on a public road.

I do wonder what’s gone on.
I know of a few abandoned houses. Sometimes people are in prison. Sometimes they've fled the country to avoid some sort of trouble. Sometimes the owner has died and no one can find anyone who should inherit it.

The Spruce Goose

27,734 posts

159 months

Wednesday 3rd March
quotequote all
Steamer said:


Extensive bodywork damage and staining to the upholstery?! boxedin

Sorry... first thing that sprang to mind!
Still on the road i think.

GIYess

1,086 posts

65 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
blongs said:
A 2for1 here with them both not moving for 10 years at least according to Google maps. I've lived here 5 years and they haven't moved. The house looks the same so I assume deceased owner.

Loads of lower body rust and flat tyres all around





Now that's a car I've not seen on the road for a while.
I used to want a punto sport. (Did it have yellow seats and a 1.4 engine?)

finlo

2,269 posts

167 months

Thursday 4th March
quotequote all
Nickbrapp said:


This duster has been sorn, MOT ran out January 2020, it’s parked outside a house in central Cardiff that also looks abandoned, I park by it most days and the curtains are always closed. Easily worth £350k, strange one

They also had a corsa outside, which was just as mouldy but it was removed by the DVLA as it was untaxed on a public road.

I do wonder what’s gone on.
£350k for a Duster!smile

Teebs

2,013 posts

179 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
These 2 near me

Jag hasn't moved for ages and the VW van has a 'not for sale' sign on it..




Wheel_Turned_Out

321 posts

2 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
Teebs said:
These 2 near me

Jag hasn't moved for ages and the VW van has a 'not for sale' sign on it..



Both a real shame, only 80k on that Jag. Guess they don't love it enough to cure the rot.

Real mystery is the Transporter though. Just 15k on it when it had its last MOT in 2016. I'm sure they have their reasons - majorly curious as to what they might be.

BFleming

2,798 posts

107 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
I'm always intrigued when I see a "Not for sale" sign on stuff. This always made me think "who would want to buy it":


The guy had a limo here previously, and a similar (or possibly the same) "Not for sale" sign adorned it. Come to think of it, it may have been a Volvo...

WarrenB

1,155 posts

82 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
Wheel_Turned_Out said:
Teebs said:
These 2 near me

Jag hasn't moved for ages and the VW van has a 'not for sale' sign on it..



Both a real shame, only 80k on that Jag. Guess they don't love it enough to cure the rot.

Real mystery is the Transporter though. Just 15k on it when it had its last MOT in 2016. I'm sure they have their reasons - majorly curious as to what they might be.
The Transporter is an odd one. Seems too new and valuable to be laid up, similar to that Fiesta a couple of years back.

talksthetorque

8,866 posts

99 months

Friday 5th March
quotequote all
Perhaps a mobility conversion that someone isn’t able to use any more due to carer/driver passing away?