Supercars spotted, some rarities (vol 7)

Supercars spotted, some rarities (vol 7)

Author
Discussion

droopsnoot

8,112 posts

200 months

Wednesday 22nd March 2017
quotequote all
I'm not well up on Mercedes, not sure if this counts.



If I had a dashcam, I could have done an updated version of the first photo in this volume of the thread, as I saw a transporter carrying seven new Bentleys today. Or at least I think they were Bentleys, they were all wrapped in white paper, but it's the only factory around here.

lucido grigio

43,875 posts

121 months

Wednesday 22nd March 2017
quotequote all
TIGA84 said:
Adz The Rat said:
TIGA84 said:
Why weren't you allowed to take a picture - its a car, not a government classified file?
It was inside a workshop I was visiting and they were very kindly helping me out in a huge way. They said no photos so I had to respect their wishes.
Its fair enough what you say but I really don't understand why people say no photos of cars, it makes absolutely no sense at all.
I delivered to a unit filled with F1 and Mc F1 GTRs a couple of times,I asked if I could take a pic but understood when declined.

Bloke I was delivering to,it was his father's and brothers business.

Coincidence.....saw him at Goodwood on Sunday where ,coincidence 2 there was 4 of those Porsche GT1s on show.

MWM3

1,508 posts

80 months

Wednesday 22nd March 2017
quotequote all
droopsnoot said:
I'm not well up on Mercedes, not sure if this counts.



If I had a dashcam, I could have done an updated version of the first photo in this volume of the thread, as I saw a transporter carrying seven new Bentleys today. Or at least I think they were Bentleys, they were all wrapped in white paper, but it's the only factory around here.
That's not a Mercedes, thats a Laguna coupe...

Oh hang on a minute...

AMG Merc

11,940 posts

211 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all
ukaskew said:
cc8s said:
On a side street in Banchory, Aberdeenshire yum


Ok ok, I did cheat but I haven't had a chance to do real spotting in years boxedin Someone else did legitimately spot it, but they posted on Instagram.
That's seriously brave, so low that it could easily be missed by the van (or RR!) driver leaving the space.
I'd move it if it was mine. Don't like that parking either end of the beastie.

droopsnoot

8,112 posts

200 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all
AMG Merc said:
ukaskew said:
cc8s said:
On a side street in Banchory, Aberdeenshire yum


Ok ok, I did cheat but I haven't had a chance to do real spotting in years boxedin Someone else did legitimately spot it, but they posted on Instagram.
That's seriously brave, so low that it could easily be missed by the van (or RR!) driver leaving the space.
I'd move it if it was mine. Don't like that parking either end of the beastie.
Unless of course the RR and van belong to people he knows and are there to shield it from other things.

AMG Merc

11,940 posts

211 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all
droopsnoot said:
Unless of course the RR and van belong to people he knows and are there to shield it from other things.
Fair point, didn't think of that. Or that the van's the owner's and they've made a mint from plumbing laugh

McAndy

8,747 posts

135 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all
AMG Merc said:
Fair point, didn't think of that. Or that the van's the owner's and they've made a mint from plumbing laugh
That's just a pipe dream.

Europa1

10,923 posts

146 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all
georgejoshington said:
DannyH7 said:
When the car costs three times as much the house. Found just outside Newcastle:

One for the council thread...
And the bad parking thread.

Blown2CV

24,173 posts

161 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all
droopsnoot said:
I'm not well up on Mercedes, not sure if this counts.



If I had a dashcam, I could have done an updated version of the first photo in this volume of the thread, as I saw a transporter carrying seven new Bentleys today. Or at least I think they were Bentleys, they were all wrapped in white paper, but it's the only factory around here.
young-ish guy driving one of these like an absolute on deansgate in manchester the other day. They are good but dammit they have an image...

AMG Merc

11,940 posts

211 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all
McAndy said:
AMG Merc said:
Fair point, didn't think of that. Or that the van's the owner's and they've made a mint from plumbing laugh
That's just a pipe dream.
Ha Ha, not for this plumber...



https://www.driving.co.uk/news/interview/motor-cha...

Marty Funkhouser

5,303 posts

139 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all




Apologies for the quality...

andymc

6,578 posts

165 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all
Europa1 said:
georgejoshington said:
DannyH7 said:
When the car costs three times as much the house. Found just outside Newcastle:

One for the council thread...
And the bad parking thread.
dvla say the car doesn't exist?

Spiritual_Beggar

4,832 posts

152 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all
Sadly, no pictures as I was driving, but....

Coming down the hill from Royal Holloway Uni around 15:45....2no. Mclaren 720s. Had protection on so probably heading to Ascot Dealership.

Also, just before M4 junction, spotted Orange P1 travelling in opposite direction.

McAndy

8,747 posts

135 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all
AMG Merc said:
Fair play! He's obviously managed to tap into the market. (Now wait for the puns to come flooding in rolleyes. Why do some people have to faucet?)

AMG Merc

11,940 posts

211 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all
biggrin Boom, Boom - Boom, Boom - Boom...

Zippee

12,330 posts

192 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all
andymc said:
Europa1 said:
georgejoshington said:
DannyH7 said:
When the car costs three times as much the house. Found just outside Newcastle:

One for the council thread...
And the bad parking thread.
dvla say the car doesn't exist?
Not having a go in any way, more just curiosity but what makes you or others see a picture of a certain car and decide to run the plate and what do you get out of it?

Rude-boy

22,224 posts

191 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all
Stridey said:
Pet hate 'BOSS' numberplates. Trying too hard to feel superior ?
Agreed, unless it is BO55 MUS on a Boss Mustang smile

Rude-boy

22,224 posts

191 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all
TIGA84 said:
Its fair enough what you say but I really don't understand why people say no photos of cars, it makes absolutely no sense at all.
Not everyone wants people to know who they use or what their car might be in for. Likewise on an open street it is fair game, or on a forecourt, but once inside a garage or secure location it is very much only with the owners permission.

Lynchie999

3,001 posts

111 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all
Spiritual_Beggar said:
Coming down the hill from Royal Holloway Uni around 15:45....
I was at Uni there... (10 or so years ago now!) always used to hear Ferraris going on test drives going up the hill... also had the odd smash into the roundabout at the bottom of the hill..

Highlight was seeing an Enzo (when they were rare) filling up at the petrol station... laugh

lucido grigio

43,875 posts

121 months

Thursday 23rd March 2017
quotequote all
Lynchie999 said:


Highlight was seeing an Enzo (when they were rare) filling up at the petrol station... laugh
When did Enzos become common ?...confusedsmile