Supercars spotted, some rarities (vol 7)

Supercars spotted, some rarities (vol 7)

Author
Discussion

SydneyBridge

5,258 posts

116 months

Thursday 8th October
quotequote all
The Brummie said:
Don’t suppose you got the reg number of the 288 did you?

SydneyBridge

5,258 posts

116 months

Thursday 8th October
quotequote all
The Yellow 275 has some history if it is the original

https://magazine.ferrari.com/en/cars/2019/03/08/ne...

58ap

143 posts

140 months

Thursday 8th October
quotequote all
SydneyBridge said:


Here you go..

456mgt

2,403 posts

224 months

Thursday 8th October
quotequote all
SydneyBridge said:
Popped into Goodwood earlier, few nice cars around...

[url]

|https://thumbsnap.com/mVWcNZF9[/url][url]

|https://thumbsnap.com/XFqKUFe7[/url][url]

|https://thumbsnap.com/GxV6xPvL[/url]

[url]

|https://thumbsnap.com/wNTrVwrZ[/url]
Ahh, I was there in the Carrera GT. Godawful weather

SydneyBridge

5,258 posts

116 months

Thursday 8th October
quotequote all
I was there about 2pm, was lovely then, not many cars on track though

456mgt

2,403 posts

224 months

Thursday 8th October
quotequote all
SydneyBridge said:
I was there about 2pm, was lovely then, not many cars on track though
I'd gone by then. The track was treacherous, I think a lot of oil was being dropped by the old cars out there. Which may explain the lack of cars on circuit

GroundEffect

11,767 posts

114 months

Thursday 8th October
quotequote all
456mgt said:
SydneyBridge said:
I was there about 2pm, was lovely then, not many cars on track though
I'd gone by then. The track was treacherous, I think a lot of oil was being dropped by the old cars out there. Which may explain the lack of cars on circuit
And you have a Carrera GT smile

456mgt

2,403 posts

224 months

Thursday 8th October
quotequote all
GroundEffect said:
And you have a Carrera GT smile
I thought I might have spoken with him is all. Several people there for a mooch.

The Brummie

8,432 posts

145 months

Thursday 8th October
quotequote all
SydneyBridge said:
The Brummie said:
Don’t suppose you got the reg number of the 288 did you?
Thank you. My phone is crap!!!

LanceRS

1,595 posts

95 months

Friday 9th October
quotequote all
58ap said:
SydneyBridge said:


Here you go..
Is the engine cover supposed to open that way? If so how did I never know that?

generationx

3,199 posts

63 months

Friday 9th October
quotequote all
LanceRS said:
58ap said:
SydneyBridge said:


Here you go..
Is the engine cover supposed to open that way? If so how did I never know that?
It is! I always thought it odd too. Yet on front engine cars this used to be fairly normal - BMW E30, Saab 99, early Fiestas, etc etc etc

havoc

24,938 posts

193 months

Friday 9th October
quotequote all
generationx said:
Yet on front engine cars this used to be fairly normal - BMW E30, Saab 99, early Fiestas, etc etc etc
I thought for front-engine'd cars it was a 'fail-safe' against issues with the bonnet catch.

This makes no sense, other than to make it almost impossible to access anything in the engine bay without dropping the motor...

CRA1G

4,453 posts

153 months

Friday 9th October
quotequote all
havoc said:
This makes no sense, other than to make it almost impossible to access anything in the engine bay without dropping the motor...
Or taking a couple of minutes to just take the bonnet/engine cover off...idea

DannyScene

5,524 posts

113 months

Saturday 10th October
quotequote all
Doofus said:
SydneyBridge said:
WTF is that PoS on the right?
Looks like a skoda fabia to me, hard to tell from that picture though! Or if you mean that awful Van I have no idea.

Edited by DannyScene on Saturday 10th October 07:48

Name of user

175 posts

65 months

Saturday 10th October
quotequote all
DannyScene said:
Doofus said:
SydneyBridge said:
WTF is that PoS on the right?
Looks like a skoda fabia to me, hard to tell from that picture though! Or if you mean that awful Van I have no idea.

Edited by DannyScene on Saturday 10th October 07:48
That'll probably be a Toyota chaser, very popular cars, i think they were known as the four door supra!
I do quite like it to be honest.

DannyScene

5,524 posts

113 months

Saturday 10th October
quotequote all
Name of user said:
DannyScene said:
Doofus said:
SydneyBridge said:
WTF is that PoS on the right?
Looks like a skoda fabia to me, hard to tell from that picture though! Or if you mean that awful Van I have no idea.

Edited by DannyScene on Saturday 10th October 07:48
That'll probably be a Toyota chaser, very popular cars, i think they were known as the four door supra!
I do quite like it to be honest.
Exactly that^ some have the 2JZ-GTE twin turbo lump, they can certainly surprise some pretty quick stuff with very little mods

Doofus

13,106 posts

131 months

Saturday 10th October
quotequote all
DannyScene said:
some have the 2JZ-GTE twin turbo lump
Is it a requirement of the scene that people have to talk like that?

Lordbenny

7,540 posts

177 months

Saturday 10th October
quotequote all
Doofus said:
DannyScene said:
some have the 2JZ-GTE twin turbo lump
Is it a requirement of the scene that people have to talk like that?
Like what? Are you referring yo the use if the word ‘lump’ if so....you get a rolleyes

Doofus

13,106 posts

131 months

Saturday 10th October
quotequote all
Lordbenny said:
Doofus said:
DannyScene said:
some have the 2JZ-GTE twin turbo lump
Is it a requirement of the scene that people have to talk like that?
Like what? Are you referring yo the use if the word ‘lump’ if so....you get a rolleyes
No, I'm referring to the jumble of letters that means nothing to anybody who isn't a member of the exclusive club.

It's almost unique to Japanese car fans, but people also seem to do it with Vauxhalls too.

leglessAlex

3,669 posts

99 months

Saturday 10th October
quotequote all
Doofus said:
No, I'm referring to the jumble of letters that means nothing to anybody who isn't a member of the exclusive club.

It's almost unique to Japanese car fans, but people also seem to do it with Vauxhalls too.
Eh? But it's a very famous engine for many people, how else is it supposed to be referred to?

Plus there are a number of engines with similar configurations in Japanese cars, and swaps are popular, so surely using the engine code is an easy and informative way of referring to which one you have?

Seems like an odd thing to be a bit sneery about, man.