Classic (old, retro) cars for sale Β£0-5k vol 2

Classic (old, retro) cars for sale Β£0-5k vol 2

Author
Discussion

tog

3,597 posts

176 months

Saturday 17th June 2017
quotequote all
chris333 said:
seiben said:
ChiggyWiggy said:
1988 Isuzu Piazza Turbo - Handling by Lotus, Manual, 134k, FR Layout 2.0 Turbo, 147bhp.

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/isuzu/piazza/1...

So deliciously 80s...
Jesus, that interior! yikes

hehe
I remember seeing one of these at a Motor Show in Manchester in about 1985 and thinking the interior was the coolest thing ever compared to my Dad's Sierra.

I'm older and wiser now yikes
There are four of them in one photo in that ad - by now that must be most of them, surely?

Joeseppi

324 posts

47 months

Saturday 17th June 2017
quotequote all
Hugh Jarse said:
A car so anonymous I had wiped its existence from my memory. Not much wantage, but maximum curiousity value.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1978-Renault-6-TL-R1181-...



Edited by Hugh Jarse on Friday 16th June 18:33
Want it!

vournikas

9,175 posts

152 months

Sunday 18th June 2017
quotequote all
This is not, strictly speaking, "old" nor - maybe - "retro" but I think it's on the cusp of both.



On the way back from the in-laws earlier, I noticed this on the forecourt. It's two minutes drive away, and I could be interested in having some flat-6 pork on the drive. Yet I know nothing about 986's apart from that the shape has aged quite well. The advert is short on pics and shorter on detail, but would there be any obvious things to look for should I go for a squint at the thing?

Bearding appreciated!


Pothole

27,780 posts

230 months

Monday 19th June 2017
quotequote all
vournikas said:
This is not, strictly speaking, "old" nor - maybe - "retro" but I think it's on the cusp of both.



On the way back from the in-laws earlier, I noticed this on the forecourt. It's two minutes drive away, and I could be interested in having some flat-6 pork on the drive. Yet I know nothing about 986's apart from that the shape has aged quite well. The advert is short on pics and shorter on detail, but would there be any obvious things to look for should I go for a squint at the thing?

Bearding appreciated!
This one's cheaper, newer and has FSH. ETA: and pristine MOT history.


Edited by Pothole on Monday 19th June 02:04

Harry Flashman

13,436 posts

190 months

Monday 19th June 2017
quotequote all
Boxster has to be an S2000 style sports car bargain that will go up one day, no?

Fast Bug

7,544 posts

109 months

Monday 19th June 2017
quotequote all
vournikas said:
This is not, strictly speaking, "old" nor - maybe - "retro" but I think it's on the cusp of both.



On the way back from the in-laws earlier, I noticed this on the forecourt. It's two minutes drive away, and I could be interested in having some flat-6 pork on the drive. Yet I know nothing about 986's apart from that the shape has aged quite well. The advert is short on pics and shorter on detail, but would there be any obvious things to look for should I go for a squint at the thing?

Bearding appreciated!
I believe you need the Poverty Pork thread - https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&...

Lots of info there, I'd look for a 2.7 personally, the 2.5 is a little flat performance wise

Speed 3

2,642 posts

67 months

Monday 19th June 2017
quotequote all
Benjo42 said:
Exactly the same as my first wheels except mine was on a P plate. Maybe I should buy it and lock it away for my daughters thumbup

B'stard Child

19,054 posts

194 months

Monday 19th June 2017
quotequote all
Speed 3 said:
Benjo42 said:
Exactly the same as my first wheels except mine was on a P plate. Maybe I should buy it and lock it away for my daughters thumbup
As long as you have a welder and are handy with it I see no reason not to do that.....

But then again in x number of years when the daughters have learnt to drive in a modern car with all the crash protection and driver aids are you really going to want to let them drive a tiny Mini with no driver aids and all the crash protection of a soggy paper bag?

Speed 3

2,642 posts

67 months

Monday 19th June 2017
quotequote all
B'stard Child said:
As long as you have a welder and are handy with it I see no reason not to do that.....

But then again in x number of years when the daughters have learnt to drive in a modern car with all the crash protection and driver aids are you really going to want to let them drive a tiny Mini with no driver aids and all the crash protection of a soggy paper bag?
Aye, nostalgia's a wonderful thing but progress is often better. Maybe a roll cage and some upgraded brakes would be a good idea.

My wife also had one as her first car and when she used to visit me before we were married she once turned up white as a sheet having done a 540 on the M25 in the middle lane on a Friday evening. Fortunately she didn't get to test the survivability as everyone around avoided her and the following car she was now facing stopped in time.

0a

21,618 posts

142 months

Monday 19th June 2017
quotequote all
I had a nice day yesterday visiting an event on at the Dunfermline Vintage Bus Museum. Loads of retro cars!







Jimmy Recard

15,831 posts

127 months

Monday 19th June 2017
quotequote all
SpeckledJim said:
ChiggyWiggy said:
seiben said:
Jesus, that interior! yikes

hehe
Honestly, I'd feel like Michael Knight in it.
Is that rhyming slang?
rofl

Shaw Tarse

Original Poster:

29,341 posts

151 months

Monday 19th June 2017
quotequote all
0a said:
I had a nice day yesterday visiting an event on at the Dunfermline Vintage Bus Museum. Loads of retro cars!






I'll take the granny getmecoat

niva441

1,621 posts

179 months

Monday 19th June 2017
quotequote all
Shaw Tarse said:
I'll take the granny getmecoat
I know what you mean, I like the E class, but the late Granada with extra chrome is very appealing.

BorniteIdentity

964 posts

78 months

Tuesday 20th June 2017
quotequote all
Just checking in for updates. That red Merc is smashing.

Fast Bug

7,544 posts

109 months

8-P

2,002 posts

208 months

Thursday 22nd June 2017
quotequote all
May have been done already

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-106-1-3-RALLYE-S...biggrin-MAAOSwtGlZEu4j



Having owned 2 of these it tempts me, but its just too much and has been sat on ebay for months

t4thomas

385 posts

114 months

Friday 23rd June 2017
quotequote all
8-P said:
May have been done already

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-106-1-3-RALLYE-S...biggrin-MAAOSwtGlZEu4j



Having owned 2 of these it tempts me, but its just too much and has been sat on ebay for months
I have one available soon.

It will be cheaper than this, with less miles.

t4thomas

385 posts

114 months

Friday 23rd June 2017
quotequote all
I also posted this one in the wrong thread:





Lancia Dedra Integrale 2.0 Turbo - £2,700

From Wikipedia:

In 1991 was launched the Dedra Integrale. It used the same engine and transmission that the Delta Integrale 8v. The Delta Integrale 8v engine is one of the world's most competition proven power units, a 2-litre 4-cylinder fuel injected twin cam engine, fitted with contra-rotating balancing shafts, and a Garrett T3 turbocharger and associated inter-cooler to aid volumetric efficiency that boost power output to 171 PS (127 kW) in catalyzed version. The Dedra Integrale also uses the same permanent 4-wheel drive of the Delta Integrale, and includes the new Visco Drive 2000 traction control system. Also includes the electronically controlled suspension available as option in the 2.0 and upper versions.

When the Dedra was launched, it was a good time for Lancia: The Thema had been facelifted a year earlier, and despite being on the market for five years was selling well, the Delta (1979), thanks its continued success in competition was living a second youth, and the Y10 had a slight restyling and good sales. However, the Dedra was not a strong success outside Italy. A major facelift in 1993 did little to boost the car's sales success and the whole Lancia range including the Dedra was withdrawn from RHD markets a year later. The car, after 1993 also sold as a station wagon, remained popular on the Italian market until it was replaced by the all-new Lybra at the end of the 90s.

A total of 418,084 Dedras were manufactured during its commercial life.

8-P

2,002 posts

208 months

Friday 23rd June 2017
quotequote all
t4thomas said:
I have one available soon.

It will be cheaper than this, with less miles.
Please email me, I could well be interested and save you the agro of ebay etc and all the associated time wasters and dreamers. Found your car on the thread. Sorry dont seem to be able to message you here.