The BAD PARKING thread [vol4]

The BAD PARKING thread [vol4]

Author
Discussion

Vipers

30,331 posts

205 months

Wednesday 11th May
quotequote all
Spleen said:
Blackpuddin said:
Really hope someone sets up a camera to capture the owner of this when they come to pick it up (story put up on BBC an hour ago).
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-6140716...
That won’t be very exciting then, he’ll just get in his car drive off. It’s not like there’s anything to stop him?
Why didn’t the council just get it lifted it out of the way, probably some pen pusher involved.

vikingaero

6,726 posts

146 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
As an illustration:

We live 800m from the local primary school where Mrs V. teaches. 90% Mrs V. walks in unless she has a lot of stuff to carry or the weather is bad. Our previous next door neighbour would drive to collect her kids from the school and park about 800m on the other side of the school because of lack of parking spaces...

5s Alive

518 posts

11 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
vikingaero said:
As an illustration:

We live 800m from the local primary school where Mrs V. teaches. 90% Mrs V. walks in unless she has a lot of stuff to carry or the weather is bad. Our previous next door neighbour would drive to collect her kids from the school and park about 800m on the other side of the school because of lack of parking spaces...
laugh That's depressing - because it doesn't surprise me at all.

Deranged Rover

1,721 posts

51 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
SkodaIan said:
That happened to my sister once in Edinburgh, and isn't necessarily bad parking. In her case, she had been away on holiday and the warning signs only went up after she left. They didn't surface the road around her car though, instead used a parking enforcement truck to pick it up and move it round the corner.
Presumably Darlo council didn't have/couldn't afford one of those, or perhaps the hill was too steep to use one.
A similar thing happened to me about ten years ago. My wife and I were away from Wednesday to Sunday and so left my car in its usual spot on the road outside our house. The village fete was on the Saturday and, unbeknown to us, the council decided to put parking restriction cones out in several roads to stop the usual visitors blocking driveways etc. A great idea, but they didn't actually bother to tell anyone in the village.

Consequently, what visitors then saw was apparently a car flouting the parking rules even though it had been there for days before the cones went out with no prior warning. Still, someone was kind enough to express their displeasure as i came back to a dented rear wing with a nice bootprint in the middle of it. Then again, it was a Range Rover so I probably deserved it anyway...

Vipers

30,331 posts

205 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
“It’s” really bad parking laugh


COM31E

2,052 posts

58 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
SkodaIan said:
Blackpuddin said:
Really hope someone sets up a camera to capture the owner of this when they come to pick it up (story put up on BBC an hour ago).
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-6140716...

That happened to my sister once in Edinburgh, and isn't necessarily bad parking. In her case, she had been away on holiday and the warning signs only went up after she left. They didn't surface the road around her car though, instead used a parking enforcement truck to pick it up and move it round the corner.
Presumably Darlo council didn't have/couldn't afford one of those, or perhaps the hill was too steep to use one.
City of Sunderland council did this to my car about ten years ago for the same purpose.

I hadn't noticed it was moved until I drove past it in my van one afternoon, I only used the car occasionally.

alant

194 posts

196 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
According to the report I read the council advised that they didn't move the vehicle as they did not have any applicable parking restrictions in force and therefore the car owner was not doing anything wrong

Wonderman

1,060 posts

172 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
FatboyKim said:
From the photo it looks a bit unfair delivering the car there wink

techguyone

2,917 posts

119 months

Thursday 12th May
quotequote all
COM31E said:
SkodaIan said:
Blackpuddin said:
Really hope someone sets up a camera to capture the owner of this when they come to pick it up (story put up on BBC an hour ago).
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-6140716...

That happened to my sister once in Edinburgh, and isn't necessarily bad parking. In her case, she had been away on holiday and the warning signs only went up after she left. They didn't surface the road around her car though, instead used a parking enforcement truck to pick it up and move it round the corner.
Presumably Darlo council didn't have/couldn't afford one of those, or perhaps the hill was too steep to use one.
City of Sunderland council did this to my car about ten years ago for the same purpose.

I hadn't noticed it was moved until I drove past it in my van one afternoon, I only used the car occasionally.
The resurfaced road looks rough as fk, is that the quality nowadays?

Red9zero

3,761 posts

34 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
Passive aggressive sign near Bristol Airport


Bonefish Blues

20,377 posts

200 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
I don't give that sign long

Red9zero

3,761 posts

34 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
Bonefish Blues said:
I don't give that sign long
There are No Parking signs outside every house, but that the angriest one I've seen so far. No official restrictions anywhere though.

Bonefish Blues

20,377 posts

200 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
Red9zero said:
Bonefish Blues said:
I don't give that sign long
There are No Parking signs outside every house, but that the angriest one I've seen so far. No official restrictions anywhere though.
Makes me want to go and park an old snotter there tbh hehe

Mr lestat

3,661 posts

167 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
Bonefish Blues said:
Red9zero said:
Bonefish Blues said:
I don't give that sign long
There are No Parking signs outside every house, but that the angriest one I've seen so far. No official restrictions anywhere though.
Makes me want to go and park an old snotter there tbh hehe
Yup and you might come back to it and it’s damaged. With not a clue who by.

Good plan rofl

Bonefish Blues

20,377 posts

200 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
Mr lestat said:
Bonefish Blues said:
Red9zero said:
Bonefish Blues said:
I don't give that sign long
There are No Parking signs outside every house, but that the angriest one I've seen so far. No official restrictions anywhere though.
Makes me want to go and park an old snotter there tbh hehe
Yup and you might come back to it and it’s damaged. With not a clue who by.

Good plan rofl
You know it was one of those internet forum plans and I have no intention of actually doing that, don't you? rofl

Mr lestat

3,661 posts

167 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
Bonefish Blues said:
You know it was one of those internet forum plans and I have no intention of actually doing that, don't you? rofl
A bit like the frozen sausages?

Desiderata

1,217 posts

31 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
Vipers said:
“It’s” really bad parking laugh

I don't see very much wrong with that. Assuming there are no parking spaces big enough for the van, at least he's tucked it away in a corner where it's not obstructing anything.

Mr lestat

3,661 posts

167 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
Desiderata said:
Vipers said:
“It’s” really bad parking laugh

I don't see very much wrong with that. Assuming there are no parking spaces big enough for the van, at least he's tucked it away in a corner where it's not obstructing anything.
We do that with the motorhome. Park away from everyone and take a couple of spaces. Not much else you can do.

Bonefish Blues

20,377 posts

200 months

Friday 13th May
quotequote all
Mr lestat said:
Bonefish Blues said:
You know it was one of those internet forum plans and I have no intention of actually doing that, don't you? rofl
A bit like the frozen sausages?
Ah yes, and I'll hammer some of 'em in all their lawns too, good call smile