The BAD PARKING thread [vol4]

The BAD PARKING thread [vol4]

Author
Discussion

Byker28i

19,790 posts

163 months

Tuesday 27th June 2017
quotequote all
This person always insists on parking on th epavement outside his house, rather than in the layby which is just behind his car

MartG

14,719 posts

150 months

Wednesday 28th June 2017
quotequote all
I wonder if this qualifies smile


thetapeworm

8,321 posts

185 months

Wednesday 28th June 2017
quotequote all
Byker28i said:
This person always insists on parking on th epavement outside his house, rather than in the layby which is just behind his car
If only houses came with a bit of tarmac in the garden that you could park on frown

j3gme

651 posts

140 months

Wednesday 28th June 2017
quotequote all

nonsequitur

10,156 posts

62 months

Wednesday 28th June 2017
quotequote all
thetapeworm said:
Byker28i said:
This person always insists on parking on th epavement outside his house, rather than in the layby which is just behind his car
If only houses came with a bit of tarmac in the garden that you could park on frown
Many have paved over their front garden for that very reason. In fact it is of epidemic proportions in cities.

MartG

14,719 posts

150 months

Wednesday 28th June 2017
quotequote all

Vipers

27,966 posts

174 months

Wednesday 28th June 2017
quotequote all
MartG said:
Some absolute tards on there.

DoubleD

9,262 posts

54 months

Wednesday 28th June 2017
quotequote all
MartG said:
I wonder if this qualifies smile

thetapeworm

8,321 posts

185 months

Friday 30th June 2017
quotequote all


The sign behind asks people not to park there, this particular car has an allocated space next to the black van, it's empty.

Same woman who has history for parking outside the school 5 minutes (slow) walk away with the car on the pavement, on zig zags and in a bus stop (all at the same time).

Vipers

27,966 posts

174 months

Saturday 1st July 2017
quotequote all
Couple of tards today, both so common these days.



This one is a common occurance on this corner, OK not much traffic, but even so.


PurpleMoonlight

17,109 posts

103 months

Saturday 1st July 2017
quotequote all
Vipers said:
This one is a common occurance on this corner, OK not much traffic, but even so.

Not so okay for pedestrians though.

chalda

163 posts

86 months

Saturday 1st July 2017
quotequote all
Muddle238 said:
On Google Streetview it's bad, too.

gtidriver

2,653 posts

133 months

Saturday 1st July 2017
quotequote all


Today At IKEA selfish bd parks petrol car in electric car bay BUT pretends to plug it in by throwing the charge plug under the car,never seen that before. Rear passenger just pushes the trolley away. Bet he would have blown his top if a trolley was anywhere near his car.

Edited by gtidriver on Saturday 1st July 19:00

rfsteel

320 posts

116 months

Saturday 1st July 2017
quotequote all


ashleyman

5,895 posts

45 months

Sunday 2nd July 2017
quotequote all





Edited by ashleyman on Sunday 2nd July 11:09

Tit For Tat

165 posts

28 months

Sunday 2nd July 2017
quotequote all
techguyone said:
Shopping or picking up cash?

If it's cash as far as I'm concerned they can park where they want.


On an unrelated note is anyone else getting a bit fed up seeing cars parked 'wrong' yet the bays are plainly too small, so how else could they park?

That isn't really 'badly parked' and shows a lack of thought on the poster rather than the parker.
Agreed. Those security van guys risk a whack on the head or worse every time they collect or deliver cash, anyone who begrudges them parking as close as possible to the store should stop and think about that.

Vipers

27,966 posts

174 months

Sunday 2nd July 2017
quotequote all
Tit For Tat said:
techguyone said:
Shopping or picking up cash?

If it's cash as far as I'm concerned they can park where they want.


On an unrelated note is anyone else getting a bit fed up seeing cars parked 'wrong' yet the bays are plainly too small, so how else could they park?

That isn't really 'badly parked' and shows a lack of thought on the poster rather than the parker.
Agreed. Those security van guys risk a whack on the head or worse every time they collect or deliver cash, anyone who begrudges them parking as close as possible to the store should stop and think about that.
Stores have delivery areas for deliveries, surely parking the money van there also would be better from a safety stand point.

Thermobaric

615 posts

66 months

Sunday 2nd July 2017
quotequote all
Vipers said:
Stores have delivery areas for deliveries, surely parking the money van there also would be better from a safety stand point.
They're often round the back, out of sight. Perfect place to be boxed in and ambushed. Out the front on the road with loads of passers by is safer.

Vipers

27,966 posts

174 months

Sunday 2nd July 2017
quotequote all
Thermobaric said:
Vipers said:
Stores have delivery areas for deliveries, surely parking the money van there also would be better from a safety stand point.
They're often round the back, out of sight. Perfect place to be boxed in and ambushed. Out the front on the road with loads of passers by is safer.
Our local Sainsbury's keep the gates locked, could call and tell them they will be there in five, standby to let us in. At the end of the day if they are going to rob them I suppose they will.

DoubleD

9,262 posts

54 months

Sunday 2nd July 2017
quotequote all
Much better to be on view though, its less likely to happen.