The BAD PARKING thread [vol4]

The BAD PARKING thread [vol4]

Author
Discussion

masterzarlak

31 posts

35 months

Supermarket car park...


-Ad-

708 posts

125 months

Vipers said:
Last time a guy was waiting to cross on his mobility scooter, I enquired who's car was blocking the dropped kerb as someone was waiting to cross in their mobility scooter, a FB in the queu said "Its mine, won't be a minute".
Standard fair.

I just use the car park directly behind the store and enjoy the freedom of space, rather than trying to squeeze any of the cars in on that narrow stretch of road.

Red Devil

11,767 posts

158 months

I thought the location of that pic looked familiar. smile
https://goo.gl/maps/TxWhVWCTXCLrmgT3A
The destination for a PHEA run a couple of years ago.

Mr lestat

2,409 posts

140 months

ReformedPistonhead said:
Not normally one for uploading here, but...

To the left is the flood defence barrier, which slides across the rails.

It says KEEP CLEAR in rather large letters across the road.

There were plenty of other spaces to park in.

But perhaps he was a weatherman and knew that there was no storm comin'
Wells next to the sea ?

Red Devil

11,767 posts

158 months

yes - Wells-next-the-Sea. Per the link in my post above. smile

Vipers

28,302 posts

178 months

Usual "I will block the dropped kerb, cos its raining, and its the shortest path to the shop door, sod anybody trying to cross in their mobility scooter", and I have seen some trying to cross before, just plain ignorant.

Being our local shop and post office, it can get busy at times.


Chromegrill

312 posts

36 months



(from the "smoker barge" thread......)

Dont like rolls

2,001 posts

4 months

That is just parked for a photo ffs

Rostfritt

2,294 posts

101 months

Escort3500 said:
WarrenB said:
Escort3500 said:
“Because I’ve got a Ferrari...”

Mk2 Astra in the background! Don't see many of them nowadays.
Or many Mk 6 Escort Cabriolets for that matter smile
That is what I love about this site. Post a photo of an exotic Ferrari, everyone is drooling over the 90s bangers parked behind it.

I was just surprised that Jersey had got up over 250k registrations.

Alan535

63 posts

3 months

Yesterday (08:36)
quotequote all
Chromegrill said:


(from the "smoker barge" thread......)
Thats a nice car its a pity the worlds at the wrong angle.

nonsequitur

11,325 posts

66 months

Yesterday (09:55)
quotequote all
Dont like rolls said:
That is just parked for a photo ffs
Don't think so. It IS parked, but 'not on a double yellow'

DoubleD

10,515 posts

58 months

Yesterday (10:06)
quotequote all
nonsequitur said:
Dont like rolls said:
That is just parked for a photo ffs
Don't think so. It IS parked, but 'not on a double yellow'
It isnt really parked though is it, its been put there for a car advert.

nonsequitur

11,325 posts

66 months

Yesterday (10:10)
quotequote all
DoubleD said:
nonsequitur said:
Dont like rolls said:
That is just parked for a photo ffs
Don't think so. It IS parked, but 'not on a double yellow'
It isnt really parked though is it, its been put there for a car advert.
Yes, alright.

Vipers

28,302 posts

178 months

Yesterday (10:11)
quotequote all
-Ad- said:
Vipers said:
Last time a guy was waiting to cross on his mobility scooter, I enquired who's car was blocking the dropped kerb as someone was waiting to cross in their mobility scooter, a FB in the queu said "Its mine, won't be a minute".
Standard fair.

I just use the car park directly behind the store and enjoy the freedom of space, rather than trying to squeeze any of the cars in on that narrow stretch of road.
Ha! But that needs a bit of common sense, sadly lacking at times.

DoubleD

10,515 posts

58 months

Yesterday (10:20)
quotequote all
nonsequitur said:
DoubleD said:
nonsequitur said:
Dont like rolls said:
That is just parked for a photo ffs
Don't think so. It IS parked, but 'not on a double yellow'
It isnt really parked though is it, its been put there for a car advert.
Yes, alright.

Vipers

28,302 posts

178 months

Yesterday (11:29)
quotequote all
We live in a quiet road, nothing parked on the road apart from you see here, so a visitor decided to block the pavement. Why!!!


Vipers

28,302 posts

178 months

Yesterday (14:48)
quotequote all
MartG said:
There's bad parking, and there's using a stolen blue badge issued to a now-dead child... furious

https://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk/news/driv...
Excellent result.


Vipers

28,302 posts

178 months

Yesterday (17:16)
quotequote all
Recently someone mentioned car spaces and size of modern vehicles, saw this today and it certainly showed the difference between old and new. It’s a 1964 Morris.


Escort3500

5,883 posts

95 months

Yesterday (17:22)
quotequote all
Vipers said:
MartG said:
There's bad parking, and there's using a stolen blue badge issued to a now-dead child... furious

https://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk/news/driv...
Excellent result.
Shame they’re not being prosecuted too.

Pericoloso

41,607 posts

113 months

Yesterday (18:09)
quotequote all
Escort3500 said:
Vipers said:
MartG said:
There's bad parking, and there's using a stolen blue badge issued to a now-dead child... furious

https://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk/news/driv...
Excellent result.
Shame they’re not being prosecuted too.
The bottom line suggests prosecution is still a possibility.
Here's hoping they do.