The "Sh*t Driving Caught On Cam" Thread (Vol 4)

The "Sh*t Driving Caught On Cam" Thread (Vol 4)

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

robbiekhan

609 posts

132 months

Sunday 21st July 2019
quotequote all
Laurel Green said:
As usual, mostly no issues with the rest easily avoidable if the cammers were just more aware of the road around. actually the cyclist one that got cut by the white van was the van driver's fault for once, although the cyclist didn't need to verbally go off on one. The one thing common in all these is how long people use their horn for.

Laurel Green

28,127 posts

187 months

Sunday 21st July 2019
quotequote all
robbiekhan said:
As usual, mostly no issues with the rest easily avoidable if the cammers were just more aware of the road around. actually the cyclist one that got cut by the white van was the van driver's fault for once, although the cyclist didn't need to verbally go off on one. The one thing common in all these is how long people use their horn for.
Indeed, most seem to have an unhealthy obsession with it - as to reading the road, think most have only knoledge of reading from a Kindle.

FreeLitres

5,659 posts

132 months

Captain Obvious

5,495 posts

161 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
FreeLitres said:
Brakechecks the Audi, gets upset when he gets brakechecked back. Dashcam driver needs a hard slap.

carinaman

15,320 posts

127 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
Captain Obvious said:
FreeLitres said:
Brakechecks the Audi, gets upset when he gets brakechecked back. Dashcam driver needs a hard slap.
Agreed. More dashcam induced stupidity.

Toaster Pilot

12,827 posts

113 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
“DCW being a DCW”

Bonefish Blues

15,669 posts

178 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
PH does love this, indeed.

Wills2

17,090 posts

130 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
G13NVL said:
So on a 3 lane motorway say with no ‘congestion’ I’m travelling in a HGV at 56 in lane 1, catch someone doing 45 in lane 2, I can’t use lane 3 to pass so according to that if I just carried on in lane 1 and passed the lane 2 hog I could be done for careless driving?
I very much doubt it, if plod saw that I'd wager they would pull the person hogging lane 2 at 45mph.



WCZ

7,663 posts

149 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
FreeLitres said:
bad driving by the dash cammer tbh

Vipers

28,666 posts

183 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
carinaman said:
Captain Obvious said:
FreeLitres said:
Brakechecks the Audi, gets upset when he gets brakechecked back. Dashcam driver needs a hard slap.
Agreed. More dashcam induced stupidity.
Like the comment "Dropping a gear to slow down, how does that work then, your poor clutch" laugh

FWIW

1,570 posts

52 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
Vipers said:
Like the comment "Dropping a gear to slow down, how does that work then, your poor clutch" laugh
Engine braking?

mikal83

4,804 posts

207 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
Wills2 said:
G13NVL said:
So on a 3 lane motorway say with no ‘congestion’ I’m travelling in a HGV at 56 in lane 1, catch someone doing 45 in lane 2, I can’t use lane 3 to pass so according to that if I just carried on in lane 1 and passed the lane 2 hog I could be done for careless driving?
I very much doubt it, if plod saw that I'd wager they would pull the person hogging lane 2 at 45mph.

I believe there is no law which says you cannot undertake.

p1stonhead

22,411 posts

122 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
mikal83 said:
Wills2 said:
G13NVL said:
So on a 3 lane motorway say with no ‘congestion’ I’m travelling in a HGV at 56 in lane 1, catch someone doing 45 in lane 2, I can’t use lane 3 to pass so according to that if I just carried on in lane 1 and passed the lane 2 hog I could be done for careless driving?
I very much doubt it, if plod saw that I'd wager they would pull the person hogging lane 2 at 45mph.

I believe there is no law which says you cannot undertake.
I do the described every day almost on the M25.

Not overtaking by moving into lane 1, but simply overtaking because I happen to be moving in Lane 1 (under the speed limit) faster than Lane 2 or 3.

Vipers

28,666 posts

183 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
FWIW said:
Vipers said:
Like the comment "Dropping a gear to slow down, how does that work then, your poor clutch" laugh
Engine braking?
We ALL know that, I was taking piss out of the brain dead moron who actually asked the question biggrin

Graveworm

4,417 posts

26 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
mikal83 said:
I believe there is no law which says you cannot undertake.
There is also no law that says you can't tailgate, cut people up, overtake on a blind bend, drive too fast for the conditions or hog the middle lane.
We have Dangerous, careless and inconsiderate driving which cover all them.
If you look at the CPS charging guidelines:
You get -
Charging guidelines said:
The following examples of circumstances that are likely to be characterised as dangerous driving are derived from decided cases and the SGC Definitive Guideline:

racing or competitive driving;
failing to have a proper and safe regard for vulnerable road users such as cyclists, motorcyclists, horse riders, the elderly and pedestrians or when in the vicinity of a pedestrian crossing, hospital, school or residential home;
speed, which is particularly inappropriate for the prevailing road or traffic conditions;
aggressive driving, such as sudden lane changes, cutting into a line of vehicles or driving much too close to the vehicle in front;
disregard of traffic lights and other road signs, which, on an objective analysis, would appear to be deliberate;
disregard of warnings from fellow passengers;
overtaking which could not have been carried out safely;
driving when knowingly suffering from a medical or physical condition that significantly and dangerously impairs the offender's driving skills such as having an arm or leg in plaster, or impaired eyesight. It can include the failure to take prescribed medication;
driving when knowingly deprived of adequate sleep or rest;
driving a vehicle knowing it has a dangerous defect or is poorly maintained or is dangerously loaded;
using a hand-held mobile phone or other hand-held electronic equipment whether as a phone or to compose or read text messages when the driver was avoidably and dangerously distracted by that use; R v Browning (2001) EWCA Crim 1831, R v Payne [2007] EWCA Crim 157;
driving whilst avoidably and dangerously distracted such as whilst reading a newspaper/map, talking to and looking at a passenger, selecting and lighting a cigarette or by adjusting the controls of electronic equipment such as a radio, hands-free mobile phone or satellite navigation equipment;
a brief but obvious danger arising from a seriously dangerous manoeuvre. This covers situations where a driver has made a mistake or an error of judgement that was so substantial that it caused the driving to be dangerous even for only a short time.

There are decided cases that provide some guidance as to the driving that courts will regard as careless or inconsiderate and the following examples are typical of what we are likely to regard as careless driving :

overtaking on the inside;
driving inappropriately close to another vehicle;
inadvertently driving through a red light;
emerging from a side road into the path of another vehicle;
tuning a car radio;
when the driver was avoidably distracted by this action;
using a hand-held mobile phone or other hand-held electronic equipment when the driver was avoidably distracted by that use (note that this is an offence itself under Regulation 110 Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) (Amendment) (No. 4) Regulations 2003). If this is the only relevant aspect of the case it is more appropriate to use the specific offence;
selecting and lighting a cigarette or similar when the driver was avoidably distracted by that action.

The following examples are typical of actions likely to be regarded as inconsiderate driving :

flashing of lights to force other drivers in front to give way;
misuse of any lane (including cycling lanes) to avoid queuing or gain some other advantage over other drivers;
unnecessarily remaining in an overtaking lane;
unnecessarily slow driving or braking without good cause;
driving with un-dipped headlights which dazzle oncoming drivers, cyclists or pedestrians;
driving through a puddle causing pedestrians to be splashed;
driving a bus in such a way as to alarm passengers.
That doesn't mean that everyone who does these gets prosecuted or dealt with (I have done it often enough), in the past discretion might have been used; but, given they have specifically said they have set up the dascam upload sites for to include undertaking it seems the risk is getting greater.


Edited by Graveworm on Monday 22 July 17:03

Twilkes

475 posts

94 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
This slice of Mike Leigh dialogue deserves to be highlighted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHXsXP1OXqI#t=4m35...

saaby93

26,726 posts

133 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
Have we had this yet borrowed from the boy racer thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeLmN36oPKY

Does anyone remember the link in this thread within last month of two cars punting each other in front of an orange marshall guy?

Laurel Green

28,127 posts

187 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
saaby93 said:
Have we had this yet borrowed from the boy racer thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeLmN36oPKY
Blimey! Lucky to come out of that unscathed.

S1KRR

12,296 posts

167 months

Monday 22nd July 2019
quotequote all
carinaman said:
Agreed. More dashcam induced stupidity.
Had exactly this today!

Van driver. Ginger,. st beard

Lane 3 to Lane 1, to off, in 1 big swoop.
Then on exit ramp. Goes from L1 to L2 cutting me up.
Then brake checks me.
I have to take avoiding action!

After a "discussion" at the lights where apparently from his comments I was in the wrong confused
"Whats your fking problem"
"You're a fking cock"
"Its up to me where I drive, I was in front of you"
"I didn't cut you up when I came off, so why are you upset"

These were all laws I didn't know existed. idea

I did try to explain to him that "it doesn't fking work like that!"

He then told me he had it on Dashcam! Sigh! rolleyes

So do I laugh

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED