The "Sh*t Driving Caught On Cam" Thread (Vol 4)

The "Sh*t Driving Caught On Cam" Thread (Vol 4)

Author
Discussion

Thesprucegoose

19,561 posts

142 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
HTP99 said:
Just curious but what has the woman lying on the floor for to do with Russia?
Drunk

Cliftonite

7,104 posts

85 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
kiethton said:
cjs racing. said:
Won’t work for me frown
Nor for me, either!

smile


Limpet

3,501 posts

108 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
wack said:
The government has taken all the fun out of driving with traffic lights every 100m , 40 and 50 limits that used to be 60 and perfectly safe overtaking spots now double white lines , throw in dashcam wkers putting you on youtube for a fast but perfectly safe overtake and we all might as well all drive 1.0 cars
I am starting to think this way as well, although perhaps a nice wafty barge rather than a 1.0! One of my colleagues has just bought a diesel S90. It's not fast, but feels just like being wafted around in your favourite armchair, with a rather lovely 19 speaker Bowers & Wilkins hi-fi to keep you entertained. It covers ground smoothly and effortlessly and with minimal stress or effort. You're never going to feel any urge to smoke away from traffic lights or sling it around the lanes, so it changes your whole approach to driving.

It's not really about fun any more, particularly in the SE. I would add to your very valid list, the appalling (and still deteriorating) condition of the roads. There are at least two within a mile radius of my house that you cannot drive along in the correct position at anything close to the speed limit without risking a bent wheel rim or suspension damage. Sunken manhole covers everywhere, and the usual patchwork of botched repairs that are sinking and breaking up. Another road has been "resurfaced" recently by throwing chippings down, but bizarrely they've left the last 200 yds of it alone, which was just as bad as the rest of it, but the powers that be have decided for whatever reason that it's fine as it is. So you get to be pebbledashed by chippings from oncoming cars for 3/4 mile or so, and then crash and bump over the last few hundred yards.

Moan over! smile



Frimley111R

10,148 posts

181 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
cjs racing. said:
Fk me, sitting on her phone driving a tram!!!

tog

3,588 posts

175 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Thesprucegoose said:
HTP99 said:
Just curious but what has the woman lying on the floor for to do with Russia?
Drunk
In her defence she only started lying on the floor after having her face smashed into the seat in front of her as a result of the tram's sudden halt. She may also be drunk, but hard to tell.

Thesprucegoose

19,561 posts

142 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
tog said:
In her defence she only started lying on the floor after having her face smashed into the seat in front of her as a result of the tram's sudden halt. She may also be drunk, but hard to tell.
Maybe I missed something but she was on the floor before the crash.

HTP99

15,193 posts

87 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Thesprucegoose said:
tog said:
In her defence she only started lying on the floor after having her face smashed into the seat in front of her as a result of the tram's sudden halt. She may also be drunk, but hard to tell.
Maybe I missed something but she was on the floor before the crash.
Nope, she was definately seated, the force of the crash smashed her into the seat infront and then she fell on to the floor.

tog

3,588 posts

175 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
About 30 seconds in.

Hoofy

69,435 posts

229 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Frimley111R said:
cjs racing. said:
Fk me, sitting on her phone driving a tram!!!
Mmm. I hope they throw the (Face)book at her for that.

Driver101

6,025 posts

68 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Frimley111R said:
cjs racing. said:
Fk me, sitting on her phone driving a tram!!!
Unbelievably stupid.

Mafffew

1,530 posts

58 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Driver101 said:
What the fk is he doing rofl

Lemming Train

3,882 posts

19 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
More likely fking about on his phone imo. 25 years old.

TheInsanity1234

614 posts

66 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
Lemming Train said:
More likely fking about on his phone imo. 25 years old.
The article said he was overtaking a cyclist who was his colleague that had just left the same car park he'd exited out of just out of shot, so I'm imagining he was looking over at his mate on the bike, probably waving or calling him a bike wker or something, and just completely forgot he's supposed to be looking where he's going!

Graveworm

2,650 posts

18 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
TheInsanity1234 said:
The article said he was overtaking a cyclist who was his colleague that had just left the same car park he'd exited out of just out of shot, so I'm imagining he was looking over at his mate on the bike, probably waving or calling him a bike wker or something, and just completely forgot he's supposed to be looking where he's going!
So the cyclist caused it. smile

M4cruiser

1,818 posts

97 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
cjs racing. said:
Link works for me.
Confusing thing about the passenger clips is that they seem to get thrown backwards for a fraction of a second before being thrown forwards. What's going on? I only noticed that by stepping through the video slowly (i..e pressing pause/run a lot). Or is that in the front one which got hit from behind?

.

Lemming Train

3,882 posts

19 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
TheInsanity1234 said:
Lemming Train said:
More likely fking about on his phone imo. 25 years old.
The article said he was overtaking a cyclist who was his colleague that had just left the same car park he'd exited out of just out of shot, so I'm imagining he was looking over at his mate on the bike, probably waving or calling him a bike wker or something, and just completely forgot he's supposed to be looking where he's going!
Ah I missed that bit. In that case, very funny and I'd have been laughing like fk at him if I were the cyclist colleague (not that I'd be seen dead (or alive) on a bicycle of course wink ).

parabolica

5,128 posts

131 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
percymk4 said:
Krikkit said:
robbiekhan said:
Laurel Green said:
4:06 = laugh
Anyone know what the podcast is at 5:40, classic F1 interview of some kind
Beyond The Grid maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfoNZDHitwj...
Yeah I think it was the Prost interview from a few weeks/months back.

JZZ30

926 posts

62 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
M4cruiser said:
cjs racing. said:
Link works for me.
Confusing thing about the passenger clips is that they seem to get thrown backwards for a fraction of a second before being thrown forwards. What's going on? I only noticed that by stepping through the video slowly (i..e pressing pause/run a lot). Or is that in the front one which got hit from behind?

.
Some of the clips are from the stationary tram that gets hit

JimbobVFR

2,146 posts

91 months

Tuesday 22nd October
quotequote all
M4cruiser said:
Link works for me.
Confusing thing about the passenger clips is that they seem to get thrown backwards for a fraction of a second before being thrown forwards. What's going on? I only noticed that by stepping through the video slowly (i..e pressing pause/run a lot). Or is that in the front one which got hit from behind?

.
There's footage from both trains interiors, just before the passenger clips you mentioned there's a clip from the rear windscreen of the stationary tram.