Are these Vloggers just a scam? SOL or Shmee etc? (Vol 2)

Are these Vloggers just a scam? SOL or Shmee etc? (Vol 2)

Author
Discussion

RobDown

3,021 posts

64 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
Shmee said:
RobDown said:
Ah I was wondering why Ahmed150 had so many followers smile
Somehow, it seems that is actually an account with a grand total of 4 followers on Instagram!
Lol, I didn't actually check. I wonder if those 4 followers are disappointed with the lack of car content?

Kev_Mk3

747 posts

31 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
sagarich said:
Blimey, 500 pages went quickly. In for another 500.
me to.

Always makes for a good read on PH.

Danny any plans to head to Germany this year or still unsure?

parabolica

4,645 posts

120 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
Truckosaurus said:
An interesting announcement of a new project from the MCM boys today.
Yeah makes me wish I lived in their local area! Everything they said about it sounded amazing.

Shmee

7,080 posts

149 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
Not all YouTubers just pose with their cars in Knightsbridge or their driveways by the way!


S11Steve

4,749 posts

120 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
You're not going to get spotted by the car-parazzi at that sort of speed....
Advertisement

T 28

9 posts

59 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
Shmee said:
Not all YouTubers just pose with their cars in Knightsbridge or their driveways by the way!

Speedo is 1km out........

Loving the work Ahmed, me and the boy love watching the vids

peterattheboro

1,139 posts

119 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
Ahmedmobile doesn't have quite the same ring to it...

downhillmalins

116 posts

82 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
Shmee said:
Not all YouTubers just pose with their cars in Knightsbridge or their driveways by the way!

Couple more RPM to squeeze out of it! what was your max speed?

jwo

886 posts

185 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
Going a fair lick on the autobahn... good to see your cars get used as they should - ie driven! (and properly!)

Shmee

7,080 posts

149 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
downhillmalins said:
Couple more RPM to squeeze out of it! what was your max speed?
330km/h / 205mph was the quickest I got out of it and that was backing off because of traffic ahead. There is an electronic limiter set somewhere just above that but I couldn't tell you exactly where but it doesn't let you get to the very top of the revs.

e30m3Mark

11,726 posts

109 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
Call yourself a car YouTuber Ahmed? I haven't seen you go through a drive thru or have a rev battle yet?!

Davey S2

11,980 posts

190 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
Shmee said:
downhillmalins said:
Couple more RPM to squeeze out of it! what was your max speed?
330km/h / 205mph was the quickest I got out of it and that was backing off because of traffic ahead. There is an electronic limiter set somewhere just above that but I couldn't tell you exactly where but it doesn't let you get to the very top of the revs.
Wasn't the 675 LT maxing out at about the same speed? Any discernible difference in stability / down force between the 2 that you recall?

Beefmeister

14,919 posts

166 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
peterattheboro said:
Ahmedmobile doesn't have quite the same ring to it...


Hang on, did I do an racist? Not sure these days. I’m sure someone will pop along and be offended if I did.

KillerHERTZ

556 posts

134 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
Shmee, is that really the case regarding numberplate in Germany becoming void for 10 years?

Whats to stop someone just pulling a plate off any old car and voiding someones out or spite or somthing?

Truckosaurus

6,669 posts

220 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
KillerHERTZ said:
Shmee, is that really the case regarding numberplate in Germany becoming void for 10 years?

Whats to stop someone just pulling a plate off any old car and voiding someones out or spite or somthing?
There isn't the same value to a German 'vanity plate' as there is over here, just the hassle of some paperwork in replacing it, so like it's saying "what's to stop someone putting a brick through the window out of spite".

Bernie Sanders

131 posts

18 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
Truckosaurus said:
KillerHERTZ said:
Shmee, is that really the case regarding numberplate in Germany becoming void for 10 years?

Whats to stop someone just pulling a plate off any old car and voiding someones out or spite or somthing?
There isn't the same value to a German 'vanity plate' as there is over here, just the hassle of some paperwork in replacing it, so like it's saying "what's to stop someone putting a brick through the window out of spite".
Yes, german number plates aren´t valuable assets. That´s why paying a lot of money for a vanity plate is confusing for a german. But a lot of people steal number plates, typically when they steal a car they´ll put another plate on it to make it a bit more difficult for the police.
Also german license plates are considered legal documents and tampering with them is considered forgery.

I didn´t know they were blocked for 10 years which seems a bit long but I knew you´d have to get a different one and report yours as stolen / missing.

TorqueR

1,484 posts

68 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
e30m3Mark said:
Call yourself a car YouTuber Ahmed? I haven't seen you go through a drive thru or have a rev battle yet?!
He’s done a video at a McDonalds Drive-Thru before in a Rolls Royce. smile

BJWoods

4,789 posts

220 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
Shmee said:
There was no noticeable loss of earnings on that video at all; I would say it hit the same RPM as anything else at current. On the other hand, for whatever reason that video did not get a huge amount of views in total so it's not easily comparable.

I'm sure that YouTube promote videos that earn them more; although they might not admit to it. I.e. a video connected to high rate advertisers gets naturally more views as well as more revenue, than something that's less easily connected to adverts.
I think you were at the same TVR reveal as I was, vaguely remember you, remembered your car more (only discovered video blogging, when you were videoing the TVR at Goodwood (who the hell is this guy, talking to his camera I thought?)

that aside, when did you put your order for a Griffith in? presumably at least before the reveal you went to, which means, you might get hold of a car quite early for review? (ie date of deposit - order of production)

Mr-B

1,752 posts

130 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
Shmee said:
It did 5+ years ago but I guess I'm completely normalised now to all sorts of strange spellings. Most phones will autocorrect it to 'Ahmed' too which is always funny.
Dangerous to admit the Ahmed thing on here you will forever more be referred to as Ahmed on here.

Anyway here's some inspiration for you next purchase




Don't get the hump over it.

Shmee

7,080 posts

149 months

Thursday 12th April
quotequote all
Davey S2 said:
Wasn't the 675 LT maxing out at about the same speed? Any discernible difference in stability / down force between the 2 that you recall?
Correctly remembered, the 675LT Spider was on Vmax at 324km/h and had nothing more to give from there, so let's assume the AMG GT R would be somewhere around 10-12km/h faster on a similar power output. Fundamental differences from my experience were the LT brought significantly more drama to it which no doubt comes from the view over the shorter front end, increased vibration and noise and being right on the very top.

My assumption would be the LT topped out sooner due to more aero drag which plays huge factors at that speed, however both actually felt equivalently stable. Although I'd have expected the GT R to be more of a wanderer, it is an incredibly wide car with huge tyres on all 4 corners and that must play a role as well.