Best smoker barges 1-5 large [Vol 13]

Best smoker barges 1-5 large [Vol 13]

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

C Lee Farquar

2,677 posts

166 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
Signing in. Coming up to 5 years ownership of a 760LI, purchase inspired by this thread.

Yet to find anything I'd want to change it for, but tempted to add smile

stewjohnst

1,904 posts

111 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
0a said:
As it’s a new thread (and we live our lives in thread volumes, don’t we?!), what are your barge aspirations for v13?

Mine: sell the Lexus and replace with a merc w126.
Finish my kitchen and sneak a barge purchase without the wife noticing, would an estate c32 amg qualify as a barge?

cornershop

1,348 posts

146 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
Bookmark updated...

CharlesdeGaulle

11,546 posts

130 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
I'm not sure how long a thread volume lasts but I anticipate selling the Lexus LS 430 and buying a new car tax free within the next 6 months or so.

It'll probably be a Volvo. Or a Mercedes. Or a BMW. Or maybe an F-Type. But most likely a Volvo. (The new 60 looks good - any thoughts?)

I feel as though I'm about to let the thread-massive down.

idiotgap

2,093 posts

83 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
Vol 12 was 9 months.

I've already let the thread down by buying a new Skoda. Won't arrive until Christmas though so the S211 has to do another caravan pull through France next month before we tidy and sell it on.

LetsTryAgain

548 posts

23 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
C Lee Farquar said:
Signing in. Coming up to 5 years ownership of a 760LI, purchase inspired by this thread.

Yet to find anything I'd want to change it for, but tempted to add smile
I had the 750i, would have loved the '60i!

nobrakes

1,508 posts

148 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
C Lee Farquar said:
Signing in. Coming up to 5 years ownership of a 760LI, purchase inspired by this thread.

Yet to find anything I'd want to change it for, but tempted to add smile
Sir, I think 5 years of 760Li ownership qualifies you for lifetime thread membership even if you were to change it for a bicycle.

K12beano

19,395 posts

225 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
olly755 said:
I remember when it was all fields around ‘ere.
Bloomin’ youngsters, strutting round here like they own the place rolleyes

K12beano

19,395 posts

225 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
0a said:
As it’s a new thread (and we live our lives in thread volumes, don’t we?!), what are your barge aspirations for v13?

Mine: sell the Lexus and replace with a merc w126.
Just coming up to 29 months on the W220 S500. Bought with a two year hope for ownership.

Now thinking of keeping it beyond 42 months so that it’s cost me <£100 capital cost per month!!

[/Man Maths Logic spin ]

Mr Ponkerson

371 posts

42 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
afternoon gentlemen.

Had my first road trip in the LS (excluding the initial drive up from London) - down to a forest in yorkshire to see Paul Heaton & Jackie Abbot (beautiful south). This was also the first time my wife had been in this car - she seems to understand why I like it so much, bargain basement luxury with the ability to lift her frock and gallop along when desired.

SimonTheSailor

9,723 posts

178 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
idiotgap said:
I've already let the thread down by buying a new Skoda. Won't arrive until Christmas though
There's a 6 month wait for a new Skoda ??

C Lee Farquar

2,677 posts

166 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
nobrakes said:
Sir, I think 5 years of 760Li ownership qualifies you for lifetime thread membership even if you were to change it for a bicycle.
It's worse than that, I found myself looking at poverty spec 30 year Mercs earlier. It must be contagious.

CharlesdeGaulle

11,546 posts

130 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
C Lee Farquar said:
It's worse than that, I found myself looking at poverty spec 30 year Mercs earlier. It must be contagious.
It is. Once in, there's no escape. I now have a velour fetish and am prepared to wind my own windows. Mark my words, this could be you ...

mdk1

273 posts

159 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
Checking in,
Off to hide at the back and keep watching you guys, keep finding the barges,
Would love to have the bottle to buy an old Merc S Class, Audi A8, LS400

Easternlight

2,436 posts

94 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
Stolen from another thread
Eye bleach is available in bulk

Out of thread budget but here's the link as you know you want to!!!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mercedes-Benz-sl350-200...

tobinen

5,771 posts

95 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
Oh dear. Should be behind a spoiler tag really.

ian316

1,107 posts

55 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
WTF

stewjohnst

1,904 posts

111 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
Easternlight said:
Stolen from another thread
Eye bleach is available in bulk

Out of thread budget but here's the link as you know you want to!!!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mercedes-Benz-sl350-200...
That’s in Rotherham I think, almost worth an Attenborough-esque trip for me down from Leeds to understand what sort of person does this to a car.

Fatlad1973

139 posts

44 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
CharlesdeGaulle said:
I'm not sure how long a thread volume lasts but I anticipate selling the Lexus LS 430 and buying a new car tax free within the next 6 months or so.

It'll probably be a Volvo. Or a Mercedes. Or a BMW. Or maybe an F-Type. But most likely a Volvo. (The new 60 looks good - any thoughts?)

I feel as though I'm about to let the thread-massive down.
Unfortunately I beat you to it CdG: after test driving a thread worthy LS430 my Merc got trucked and I bought an E92 M3. No way can I blag that as a barge just because it's an automatic V8 with aircon and an arm rest. Even if I did, it was way beyond thread budget...
Oh well, at least we've still got the FFRR. Oh and the Merc returns in two weeks from the repairer, confirming the M3 as a foolish impulse buy.

On that subject, my goals for this thread volume are:
- get the FFRR up to standard (sat nav, reversing camera and a touch of bodywork, plus some maintenance to catch up on)
- get the wife a new kitchen so she stops complaining that I spent a kitchen on the M3
- potentially swap the Merc E350cdi for something more thready to keep the miles off the M3

CharlesdeGaulle

11,546 posts

130 months

Sunday 24th June 2018
quotequote all
Fatlad197 said:
... a barge just because it's an automatic V8 with aircon and an arm rest.
We've often thread-argued about barge definitions here, but I reckon that isn't a bad one right there.

Great start to vol 13!
TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED