Best smoker barges 1-5 large [Vol 13]

Best smoker barges 1-5 large [Vol 13]

Author
Discussion

Krikkit

13,523 posts

117 months

Tuesday 4th December
quotequote all
E24man said:
There's a tale to tell on that particular car on bigcoupe; it's not pleasant reading.
ears

Any other suggestions for magnificent starter noises?

Not a barge, but this is my favourite. https://youtu.be/ub4VKXpuZds?t=275

Edited by Krikkit on Tuesday 4th December 21:52

0a

20,320 posts

130 months

Tuesday 4th December
quotequote all

SpeckledJim

16,190 posts

189 months

Tuesday 4th December
quotequote all
ATM said:
W00DY said:
I'd prefer the swb. Drove 2 of these briefly back in 2005 or 2006. With the electronic nanny turned off they just spin one wheel - a lot. I saw single digit mpg almost always when accelerating. Best I managed was something like 3.9mpg while powering away from some lights. Not as easy is it sounds as the dash is slow to update and with the electronic gubbins turned on the power is restricted. So as it starts to romp you're seriously breaking the speed limit. I don't think you can use all the power until 3rd.
XJR by a country mile, please.

A Daimler is nice, but it's only a titivated Jaguar. An XJR is special.

cornershop

1,049 posts

132 months

Tuesday 4th December
quotequote all
trooperiziz said:
0a said:
I rather like the looks of this. CAPS WARNING. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1989-BMW-635-CSI-AUTO/1...

Why does the mobile eBay site never show the fking price, surely that is the most important thing to show on a sale!
Shows on my iPhone (5500)

trooperiziz

9,073 posts

188 months

Tuesday 4th December
quotequote all
cornershop said:
Shows on my iPhone (5500)
Doesn't show on Android chrome for some reason.
Advertisement

janesmith1950

2,181 posts

31 months

Tuesday 4th December
quotequote all
Never mind that, the advert is an autistic told nightmare!

cornershop

1,049 posts

132 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
I may have just re-barged so anyone interested in a well looked after Lex, get in touch.

olly755

2,154 posts

98 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
cornershop said:
I may have just re-barged so anyone interested in a well looked after Lex, get in touch.
ears

Tell us more about both, I know through these hallowed pages you've put time and effort into your LS. Could be a very good machine for someone of these parts..

tombar

367 posts

145 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
cornershop said:
I may have just re-barged so anyone interested in a well looked after Lex, get in touch.
More info would be great! Much regret after selling mine last month... ears

Blown2CV

20,957 posts

139 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
janesmith1950 said:
Never mind that, the advert is an autistic told nightmare!
He who can cope with that seller (and there are but few who could) will get themselves a potential bargain. Loon alerts are flashing though.

Krikkit

13,523 posts

117 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
Blown2CV said:
janesmith1950 said:
Never mind that, the advert is an autistic told nightmare!
He who can cope with that seller (and there are but few who could) will get themselves a potential bargain. Loon alerts are flashing though.

BigBen

9,567 posts

166 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
trooperiziz said:
cornershop said:
Shows on my iPhone (5500)
Doesn't show on Android chrome for some reason.
Agree, really really annoying although has probably saved me making a lot of drunk purchases.

trooperiziz

9,073 posts

188 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
trooperiziz said:
biggrin

Interestingly I plugged it into the INPA software this morning, and the valve lift was set to 0.0mm! It's supposed to be between 0.1 and 0.8. I know that PB set it to 0.8 in the past,but that setting seems to have been lost, I wonder if that was during the cam sensor fitting? Does removing the connectors to the valvetronic reset it?
I've set it back to 0.8mm, which should help a lot... lets see what it's like over xmas.
That seems to have done the trick! Apart from a couple of minutes of lumpiness from cold start, once she is up to temperature she is smooth as you like smile

Krikkit

13,523 posts

117 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
trooperiziz said:
trooperiziz said:
biggrin

Interestingly I plugged it into the INPA software this morning, and the valve lift was set to 0.0mm! It's supposed to be between 0.1 and 0.8. I know that PB set it to 0.8 in the past,but that setting seems to have been lost, I wonder if that was during the cam sensor fitting? Does removing the connectors to the valvetronic reset it?
I've set it back to 0.8mm, which should help a lot... lets see what it's like over xmas.
That seems to have done the trick! Apart from a couple of minutes of lumpiness from cold start, once she is up to temperature she is smooth as you like smile
Great result! I don't understand how it's ever got to target valvelift of 0.0... Presumably that means the valvetronic valve lift adjustment range?

trooperiziz

9,073 posts

188 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
Krikkit said:
Great result! I don't understand how it's ever got to target valvelift of 0.0... Presumably that means the valvetronic valve lift adjustment range?
It's the minimum lift level, not the target level. I don't understand how it was 0 though, that shouldn't really be possible in normal running.

I expect it's pulling the valvetronic connector and sending the car into low power mode that cause it to freak out and reset. I could test that theory, but I'm loath to do anything else while it is running so well biggrin

E65Ross

21,535 posts

148 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
trooperiziz said:
Krikkit said:
Great result! I don't understand how it's ever got to target valvelift of 0.0... Presumably that means the valvetronic valve lift adjustment range?
It's the minimum lift level, not the target level. I don't understand how it was 0 though, that shouldn't really be possible in normal running.

I expect it's pulling the valvetronic connector and sending the car into low power mode that cause it to freak out and reset. I could test that theory, but I'm loath to do anything else while it is running so well biggrin
Glad to hear it's running well. It is a lovely, smooth engine when running well and makes a pretty nice soundtrack in my opinion.

cornershop

1,049 posts

132 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
olly755 said:
cornershop said:
I may have just re-barged so anyone interested in a well looked after Lex, get in touch.
ears

Tell us more about both, I know through these hallowed pages you've put time and effort into your LS. Could be a very good machine for someone of these parts..
More on the replacement on Monday.

The Lex?
1998
111k miles
Mot till June
Green metallic with cream leather - a few dings and scrapes.
In my 2yrs and 10k miles, it’s had a cambelt,pulleys,water pump by Lexus Edgware Rd
OEM shocks and after market springs - rides very well
Replacement Y pipe of exhaust in stainless
New discs/pads all round - front are Lexus discus
Refurbed rear calipers
Refurbed DHP wheels and Dunlop bluresponse all round.
Cold aircon
Heated seats work, as does console illumination, steering wheel motors, and boot is dry.

Kinda madness to get rid of it as it does everything I need. But life is short....

Patrick Bateman

10,450 posts

110 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
trooperiziz said:
Krikkit said:
Great result! I don't understand how it's ever got to target valvelift of 0.0... Presumably that means the valvetronic valve lift adjustment range?
It's the minimum lift level, not the target level. I don't understand how it was 0 though, that shouldn't really be possible in normal running.

I expect it's pulling the valvetronic connector and sending the car into low power mode that cause it to freak out and reset. I could test that theory, but I'm loath to do anything else while it is running so well biggrin
This doesn't sound right.

Was the car up to temperature when you had INPA hooked up or was the car just started?

trooperiziz

9,073 posts

188 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
Patrick Bateman said:
This doesn't sound right.

Was the car up to temperature when you had INPA hooked up or was the car just started?
Just started.

callahan

551 posts

142 months

Wednesday 5th December
quotequote all
All this talk of LS400s got me searching and I quickly found this one just in budget: https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1057999

A tad expensive but it looks exceptional. Still a handsome car the LS.