RE: Kawasaki Z1: PH2 Heroes

RE: Kawasaki Z1: PH2 Heroes

Author
Discussion

Raygun

2,050 posts

56 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
Were the carbs slightly smaller on the Z900 compared to the Z1?

cwis

805 posts

115 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
Greeny said:
My Jota is a 1975 (just about)
Interesting! What colour is the frame?

BigJ77

5 posts

72 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
Here's a short film about the relationship between the Z1 and CB750:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW4_YZ3Skh0


Zedboy

543 posts

147 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
The original beast and the best. Never bettered.

blade7

8,221 posts

152 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
Zedboy said:
The original beast and the best. Never bettered.
Ever ridden a GPZ900?
Advertisement

chris4652009

937 posts

20 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
blade7 said:
Zedboy said:
The original beast and the best. Never bettered.
Ever ridden a GPZ900?
I'd say probably not

LuS1fer

34,514 posts

181 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
BigJ77 said:
Here's a short film about the relationship between the Z1 and CB750:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW4_YZ3Skh0

This tells the full and more interesting story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HESIjHvOjtw

Janluke

1,523 posts

94 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
Raygun said:
Were the carbs slightly smaller on the Z900 compared to the Z1?
Yes, 26mm and 28mm I believe

Russ T Bolt

1,026 posts

219 months

Wednesday
quotequote all
Raygun said:
TorqueDirty said:
I remember this bike having the nick name "The Widowmaker" back in the day.

TD
H1 500 got that title.
I was about to post the same.

I had an H1 back in the day, truly scary handling, but it was quick.

MuscleSaloon

643 posts

111 months

Thursday
quotequote all
Not wanting to go off topic but any Zed lovers bought a Z900RS ? The couple I've actually seen in person look superb, spent ages looking at them ! Tempted to chop my S1000R for one for the looks alone !.

Greeny

1,341 posts

195 months

cwis said:
Greeny said:
My Jota is a 1975 (just about)
Interesting! What colour is the frame?
Black, Red paint

Raygun

2,050 posts

56 months

Janluke said:
Raygun said:
Were the carbs slightly smaller on the Z900 compared to the Z1?
Yes, 26mm and 28mm I believe
I thought I remember that, it made the Z1 that little more desirable back in the day.
Back in the early 90s in the early days of importing old bikes back from America Weatherley's at Harleston in Norfolk brought back a 1972 750 Kawasaki four, it looked exactly like a Z1.
ps Just been reading up on it, it was called a Z2 and made for the Japanese market so I'm guessing it onced belonged to an American serviceman based in Japan

Edited by Raygun on Friday 7th December 03:56

cwis

805 posts

115 months

Greeny said:
cwis said:
Greeny said:
My Jota is a 1975 (just about)
Interesting! What colour is the frame?
Black, Red paint
Must be a really REALLY early one put together by Slaters. I guess they were in the factory's good books so got the '76 model year bikes early.

I'd keep hold of that if I were you! The earlier ones were quicker too.....

Mine's a '77. In tiny pieces at the moment.


Blackpuddin

8,404 posts

141 months

Raygun said:
Janluke said:
Raygun said:
Were the carbs slightly smaller on the Z900 compared to the Z1?
Yes, 26mm and 28mm I believe
I thought I remember that, it made the Z1 that little more desirable back in the day.
Back in the early 90s in the early days of importing old bikes back from America Weatherley's at Harleston in Norfolk brought back a 1972 750 Kawasaki four, it looked exactly like a Z1.
ps Just been reading up on it, it was called a Z2 and made for the Japanese market so I'm guessing it onced belonged to an American serviceman based in Japan

Edited by Raygun on Friday 7th December 03:56
Aye, the Z2 is mentioned in the story.

Greeny

1,341 posts

195 months

Yesterday (14:11)
quotequote all
cwis said:
Greeny said:
cwis said:
Greeny said:
My Jota is a 1975 (just about)
Interesting! What colour is the frame?
Black, Red paint
Must be a really REALLY early one put together by Slaters. I guess they were in the factory's good books so got the '76 model year bikes early.

I'd keep hold of that if I were you! The earlier ones were quicker too.....

Mine's a '77. In tiny pieces at the moment.
Frame No is 3400, the first currently on Laverdamania list, by some margin!