Audi S cars

Author
Discussion

theplayingmantis

Original Poster:

1,667 posts

20 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
Not RS not S line, just S.

Be it ragging it through town centre at 40+ in a 30 or up your arse in the overtaking lane on the MW/DC despite there being traffic ahead preventing progress. Had this on A12 at weekend.

I get that Audi dont so some cars in RS spec (i think?) but why are S cars often driven as if they have something to proove?


Ultrafunkula

558 posts

43 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
It's a combination of them being so easy to drive fast and so unrewarding at speed that you have to push them all the time to get any satisfaction. That was my experience of my old S3 anyway. Great cars, just a bit frustrating.

edd344

193 posts

4 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
Theres only about 50hp difference in the s3 and rs3. Not sure about other models.

CzechItOut

1,298 posts

129 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
Why did the snail buy an Audi S car?

eatontrifles

1,410 posts

172 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
theplayingmantis said:
Not RS not S line, just S.

Be it ragging it through town centre at 40+ in a 30 or up your arse in the overtaking lane on the MW/DC despite there being traffic ahead preventing progress. Had this on A12 at weekend.

I get that Audi dont so some cars in RS spec (i think?) but why are S cars often driven as if they have something to proove?
Because leasecar.
Advertisement

Dog Star

9,684 posts

106 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
eatontrifles said:
Because leasecar.
<yawn>

greenarrow

1,520 posts

55 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
theplayingmantis said:
Not RS not S line, just S (**EDIT - AUDIS) .

Be it ragging it through town centre at 40+ in a 30 or up your arse in the overtaking lane on the MW/DC despite there being traffic ahead preventing progress. Had this on A12 at weekend.

I get that Audi dont so some cars in RS spec (i think?) but why are S (EDIT** AUDI CARS) cars often driven as if they have something to proove?

Hilts

3,935 posts

220 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
CzechItOut said:
Why did the snail buy an Audi S car?
So when he drove it fast people would say: 'Look at that S car go'.

Boom boom

Section 8

377 posts

127 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
edd344 said:
Theres only about 50hp difference in the s3 and rs3. Not sure about other models.
S3 300 bhp
RS3 400 bhp


S Line . Tarted up cooking mobile Probably 140 bhp

richs2891

732 posts

191 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
As already said by others - V easy to drive fast - hence all the loaned / hired / sub hired out out ones (for the day / weekend) tend to get driven hard and too fast for the conditions.
I found my old one a pain as every time I drove through certain areas I would get at least one person wanting to race me

MellowshipSlinky

10,713 posts

127 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
Hilts said:
CzechItOut said:
Why did the snail buy an Audi S car?
So when he drove it fast people would say: 'Look at that S car go'.

Boom boom
Looking good, Billy Ray!

av185

7,601 posts

65 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
People forced to drive low rent pcpd Audis generally have a huge chip somewhere about their persons because they cannot possibly afford a proper car until they grow up. rolleyes

aaron_2000

2,484 posts

21 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
Dog Star said:
eatontrifles said:
Because leasecar.
<yawn>
What else is it then?

Hilts

3,935 posts

220 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
MellowshipSlinky said:
Hilts said:
CzechItOut said:
Why did the snail buy an Audi S car?
So when he drove it fast people would say: 'Look at that S car go'.

Boom boom
Looking good, Billy Ray!
Feelin' good Louis!

roadsmash

618 posts

8 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
Aw did a faster car overtake you and make you all upset? Oh diddums. biglaugh

aaron_2000

2,484 posts

21 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
roadsmash said:
Aw did a faster car overtake you and make you all upset? Oh diddums. biglaugh
Don't think an S3 would be quite as quick as his Alfa...

couragebest88

62 posts

90 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
When I’m driving my s5 it’s the diesel Audis I get up my chuff trying to prove a point. Even had one overtake me on the wrong side of the road in a 30 zone after tail gating me for about 5 mins. I never entertain the racing types. Never get any aggro at all when driving my wife’s Suzuki swift.

stargazer30

1,104 posts

104 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
I tend to find it’s the regular Audi drivers (especially sooters) that drive like planks. The S models usually drive better until they get a clear motorway then boot it. Was following a very well behaved S3 just yesterday. Then on the evening out with my son with his L plates on, audi sooter drove on the wrong side of the road and cut past him half way through a right turn. All to get one car length ahead.

mattuk89

262 posts

76 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
Used to get a lot of attention in my s4 avant, people always wanting to race, plus the car was just so easy to drive fast, and encouraged you too with the noise and supercharger whine.

Mine did seem very loud, especially upshifting, it always let out a “dsg fart” 75% of gear changes even in normal driving mode.

Got a 335d touring now, blends in very well, no one really tries to race me, and if they do and I feel like it they are very surprised, doesn’t sound anti social, but it’s even easier than the s4 to drive fast.

Always the repmobiles trying to prove themselves when I was in the s4 though, now not so much, as I’m pretty much driving a repmobile.

roadsmash

618 posts

8 months

Monday 11th February
quotequote all
aaron_2000 said:
roadsmash said:
Aw did a faster car overtake you and make you all upset? Oh diddums. biglaugh
Don't think an S3 would be quite as quick as his Alfa...
He didn’t specify an S3. You’re just assuming it is an S3, probably because of your hatred towards them.

The S8 plus will do 0-60 in 3.3 seconds, faster than the Alfa.