The Best ///M/Barge/General Rant/Look at this/O/T(Vol XIX)

The Best ///M/Barge/General Rant/Look at this/O/T(Vol XIX)

Author
Discussion

Cheburator mk2

2,600 posts

157 months

Tuesday 29th September
quotequote all
braddo said:
I smiled at a reg plate on a 997 turbo today - SP03 TON.
There was a white Swedish 997 Turbo S with 1 EXWIFE at the Nurburging years ago. Still makes me chuckle to this day...

flatso

979 posts

87 months

Tuesday 29th September
quotequote all
GiveItSomeWellie said:
Never knew these existed. D2 Audi S8 with a manual gearbox, have never seen one in the UK so assume it was a LHD-only offering.



https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1248690
These are absolutely lovely machines. The price is a bit optimistic, but a nice car it is.

Fast Bug

8,777 posts

119 months

Monday 12th October
quotequote all

minimoog

6,207 posts

177 months

Monday 12th October
quotequote all
Fast Bug said:
Not sure on the colour of this one eek
I am - it's gopping.

Chris Stott

7,939 posts

155 months

Monday 12th October
quotequote all
That Renault!

ferrisbueller

24,989 posts

185 months

Monday 12th October
quotequote all
Fast Bug said:
Not sure on the colour of this one eek
Which colour, there seem to be several to pick from!

Fast Bug

8,777 posts

119 months

Monday 12th October
quotequote all
Chris Stott said:
That Renault!
Which one, there are 3 of them in the auction, take your pick biggrin

ferrisbueller said:
Which colour, there seem to be several to pick from!
laugh

Chris Stott

7,939 posts

155 months

Monday 12th October
quotequote all
Fast Bug said:
Chris Stott said:
That Renault!
Which one, there are 3 of them in the auction, take your pick biggrin

ferrisbueller said:
Which colour, there seem to be several to pick from!
laugh
The one you posted!

ferrisbueller

24,989 posts

185 months

Monday 12th October
quotequote all
Chris Stott said:
Fast Bug said:
Chris Stott said:
That Renault!
Which one, there are 3 of them in the auction, take your pick biggrin

ferrisbueller said:
Which colour, there seem to be several to pick from!
laugh
The one you posted!
It's fifty shades of beige.

cavey76

119 posts

104 months

Monday 12th October
quotequote all
ferrisbueller said:
Chris Stott said:
Fast Bug said:
Chris Stott said:
That Renault!
Which one, there are 3 of them in the auction, take your pick biggrin

ferrisbueller said:
Which colour, there seem to be several to pick from!
laugh
The one you posted!
It's fifty shades of beige.
I think thats "Period stained knickers" from Porsche's Design palate?

Scho

2,355 posts

161 months

Monday 12th October
quotequote all
I like it...But then I also like 996 terracotta interiors so make of that what you will.


Phil Dicky

6,300 posts

221 months

Monday 12th October
quotequote all
Fast Bug said:
A couple of pics from the upcoming H&H Auction



www.handh.co.uk/auction/lot/-1997-tvr-griffith-500...
Good MOT history of this, so chassis may be ok.

LaurasOtherHalf

18,121 posts

154 months

Monday 12th October
quotequote all
Phil Dicky said:
Fast Bug said:
A couple of pics from the upcoming H&H Auction



www.handh.co.uk/auction/lot/-1997-tvr-griffith-500...
Good MOT history of this, so chassis may be ok.
That car on those wheels is a great combination.

Fast Bug

8,777 posts

119 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all

braddo

7,194 posts

146 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
LaurasOtherHalf said:
That car on those wheels is a great combination.
I think they are usually a smaller diameter though aren’t they?

I find that cars after this era look weird in white (but I don’t like any white cars, except utility stuff like a basic Duster or landcruiser).

braddo

7,194 posts

146 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
In other news my Caterham is a magnet for car damage that I’ve not experienced with any other car. It has now been driven into 3 times in 18 months (woops, actually 4 when I gently nudged the rear number plate when reversing last year hehe ). And someone has dropped something on the bonnet or they attempted to stand on it before they realised it won’t support their weight.
rolleyes

The damage has been mostly cosmetic but very frustrating. At least the cost repair is low given it’s like a big mecano set!

braddo

7,194 posts

146 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
In more positive news I had a couple of track days in it over the summer which were awesome fun - Donington (my UK fave with goodwood) and what is now my favourite track in the UK, Brands Hatch GP.

The latter is absolutely, gob-smackingly exciting. Properly, literally awesome, and as a result worth every penny. thumbup

Rocket.

1,222 posts

207 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
braddo said:
In more positive news I had a couple of track days in it over the summer which were awesome fun - Donington (my UK fave with goodwood) and what is now my favourite track in the UK, Brands Hatch GP.

The latter is absolutely, gob-smackingly exciting. Properly, literally awesome, and as a result worth every penny. thumbup
Love Brands GP but not many days available anymore. Bit of a trek but if you havent already taken the Caterham to Cadwell Park you should, perfect for small light cars.

jeremyc

18,604 posts

242 months

Saturday 17th October
quotequote all
braddo said:
... and what is now my favourite track in the UK, Brands Hatch GP.

The latter is absolutely, gob-smackingly exciting. Properly, literally awesome, and as a result worth every penny. thumbup
Mmmmm. My top 5 Caterham track day tracks. biggrin
1. Dijon-Prenois
2. Brands Hatch GP
3. Spa Francorchamps
4. Cadwell Park
5. Brands Hatch Indy

Elevation change is key. driving