RE: Honda Integra Type R (DC5) | Spotted

RE: Honda Integra Type R (DC5) | Spotted

Author
Discussion

Elatino1

465 posts

8 months

Saturday 12th October
quotequote all
Sorry but you want to ask questions without answering mine first?

When did I say the K20 was not a good engine?

It's like you are literally just making up rubbish as you go along !!??!

SidewaysSi

5,986 posts

181 months

Saturday 12th October
quotequote all
Elatino1 said:
Sorry but you want to ask questions without answering mine first?

When did I say the K20 was not a good engine?

It's like you are literally just making up rubbish as you go along !!??!
What Subaru do you have?

havoc

24,641 posts

182 months

Saturday 12th October
quotequote all
And another thread dies because some immature censored has to win an argument on the internet, even when the thread was supposed to be about something different...

Seriously, can we not have an IQ test before allowing people to join PH?!? rolleyes

Edited by roops.mod on Sunday 13th October 09:05

Elatino1

465 posts

8 months

Saturday 12th October
quotequote all
havoc said:
And another thread dies because some immature throbber has to win an argument on the internet, even when the thread was supposed to be about something different...
Win an argument? Really? Is that what you think people try to do? I'm just here for discussion whereas some people seem to want to score points and "win" something?? Very odd.

And then talking about IQ tests and calling someone a throbber? Really? You don't think that is immature behaviour.

Adults should be able to talk to eachother on a motoring site about cars without resorting to petty insults. I don't see why some can't comprehend that and I'm not sure what some of you are getting so animated about. It's just words about cars. Calm down and converse like grown men.

Elatino1

465 posts

8 months

Saturday 12th October
quotequote all
SidewaysSi said:
What Subaru do you have?
A JDM hawkeye spec C.

I only even mentioned that the car revs to a similar height of the Honda and some people have taken huge offence to such a comment.

yonex

15,518 posts

115 months

Saturday 12th October
quotequote all
Still waiting for your overview on what makes the EJ20 a better engine than the K20 and how exactly in NA form, despite giving away power and torque it's superior?

Any chance of an answer?

Elatino1

465 posts

8 months

Sunday 13th October
quotequote all
Of course just as soon as you answer the questions posed to you prior to your question.

Kewy

1,378 posts

41 months

Sunday 13th October
quotequote all
SidewaysSi said:
So I went for a Forester STI. Tweaked to 320bhp, with Cusco coilovers and H&S exhaust. It's the sensible family car...smile



Edited by SidewaysSi on Friday 11th October 23:10
What Cusco coilovers do you have may I ask?

300bhp/ton

37,725 posts

137 months

Sunday 13th October
quotequote all


This runs a forced induction K20. Seems to do very well overall and doesn’t seem to lack performance, even compared to some of the V8 powered vehicles.

I’d say it is a very durable and adaptable power plant. Although doesn’t sound a patch on the V8’s.

havoc

24,641 posts

182 months

Monday 14th October
quotequote all
300bhp/ton said:
This runs a forced induction K20. Seems to do very well overall and doesn’t seem to lack performance, even compared to some of the V8 powered vehicles.

I’d say it is a very durable and adaptable power plant. Although doesn’t sound a patch on the V8’s.
The K20 is bombproof, if properly set-up. If it wasn't an I-4 with all the prejudices against them (to be fair, in many ways I rather prefer V6 and V8 too), it'd have a rep close to that of the 2JZ - people are boosting (admittedly franken-) K-series motors up into 4 figures for drag racing.

It's tough saying this, as I prefer the character of the old Honda B-series motors (Type R B18C most notably) - sound and throttle-response were both better. But the K20, in all objective measures, was a major step forwards.

yonex

15,518 posts

115 months

Monday 14th October
quotequote all
havoc said:
The K20 is bombproof, if properly set-up. If it wasn't an I-4 with all the prejudices against them (to be fair, in many ways I rather prefer V6 and V8 too), it'd have a rep close to that of the 2JZ - people are boosting (admittedly franken-) K-series motors up into 4 figures for drag racing.

It's tough saying this, as I prefer the character of the old Honda B-series motors (Type R B18C most notably) - sound and throttle-response were both better. But the K20, in all objective measures, was a major step forwards.
yes

The main issue is people boosting them past 320/330 and not building them properly.

I’m still waiting to hear why the chocolate Subaru engines are so much better?

rossub

2,397 posts

137 months

Monday 14th October
quotequote all
yonex said:
yes

The main issue is people boosting them past 320/330 and not building them properly.

I’m still waiting to hear why the chocolate Subaru engines are so much better?
Problem with trying to compare here is that there are so many variations of the EJ. Up to 2000, you wouldn't be sensible putting more than 350 bhp through them. Properly set up, they could manage that ok.

After that, the 2 litre blocks in the STI (UK and JDM) can take 400-450 with their semi closed deck blocks and forged pistons. The WRXs are still only good for 350 though.

As for the 2.5 block.... well you want to leave that well alone at standard boost! That's why the Japs left the Forester STI at 265.


Elatino1

465 posts

8 months

Monday 14th October
quotequote all
yonex said:
I’m still waiting to hear why the chocolate Subaru engines are so much better?
Just as soon as you answer the question posed to you previously regarding alleged "facts and figures".

I will then happily answer your question.

yonex

15,518 posts

115 months

Monday 14th October
quotequote all
I don’t really care that much tbh, i don’t think you have a vast knowledge of the K20/24, certainly nothing i’d be needing.


byebye

R400TVR

317 posts

109 months

Monday 14th October
quotequote all
rossub said:
Not the same blocks at all. The question you want to be asking is how many are 2 litre and how many are 2.5. Jap Imports are ALL 2 litre and only really fail with poor, or non existent mapping for modifications.

ps the 26 year old 2 litre on my WRX is still the unopened original, despite 1.5 bar being forced through it.
The blocks are very different. There are standard blocks with open liners, and some with closed deck blocks which can take much more power.

SidewaysSi

5,986 posts

181 months

Monday 14th October
quotequote all
rossub said:
yonex said:
yes

The main issue is people boosting them past 320/330 and not building them properly.

I’m still waiting to hear why the chocolate Subaru engines are so much better?
Problem with trying to compare here is that there are so many variations of the EJ. Up to 2000, you wouldn't be sensible putting more than 350 bhp through them. Properly set up, they could manage that ok.

After that, the 2 litre blocks in the STI (UK and JDM) can take 400-450 with their semi closed deck blocks and forged pistons. The WRXs are still only good for 350 though.

As for the 2.5 block.... well you want to leave that well alone at standard boost! That's why the Japs left the Forester STI at 265.
Yep they will blow up. Into a big fireball. Can't wait.

yonex

15,518 posts

115 months

Monday 14th October
quotequote all
SidewaysSi said:
Yep they will blow up. Into a big fireball. Can't wait.
Dashcam on standby biggrin

Kewy

1,378 posts

41 months

Tuesday 15th October
quotequote all
You lot finished now? rolleyes

R400TVR

317 posts

109 months

Tuesday 15th October
quotequote all
SidewaysSi said:
I used to be a Honda man but now I firmly believe Subaru build the best cars ever.

Amazing handling and with 4wd they are brilliant in the rain and snow. I can drive at 90mph on the fast lane of the motorway in the streaming rain knowing I can't aquaplane. The turbocharged engines leave everything behind - by the time those stupid K20 things having wound up, I am long gone.

And as for every BMW that tries to race me, I just show them what 4wd and a boxer engine can do.

See ya' later losers...
Can't aquaplane because of 4wd? Never knew that physics could be overcome so easily! Aquaplaning is not a grip issue, in which the four driven wheels can transfer the power to the road through the contact patch, but where the tyres are not with contact with the road. Hence the 'planing' bit.

havoc

24,641 posts

182 months

Tuesday 15th October
quotequote all
R400TVR said:
Can't aquaplane because of 4wd? Never knew that physics could be overcome so easily! Aquaplaning is not a grip issue, in which the four driven wheels can transfer the power to the road through the contact patch, but where the tyres are not with contact with the road. Hence the 'planing' bit.
I suspect Si wrote that with tongue firmly in cheek in response to the thread's resident Scooby fan...