E class cabriolet delivered with wrong badge

E class cabriolet delivered with wrong badge

Author
Discussion

Its Just Adz

9,420 posts

155 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
Make sure they remove the model badge, add a AMG badge on wrong side and spray the wheels black.

Cledus Snow

1,931 posts

134 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
Pm me a reg or VIN if you’d like someone who isn’t the supplying dealer to see if it’s only the that’s wrong.

stu67

411 posts

134 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
It happens quite a lot, I used to work up at VW HQ in the late 90’s and we used to get some odd mistakes, I can remember having an odd coloured GTI as a company car. They couldn’t retail it new as it wasn’t a brochure colour. I also had a certain spec Audi but they hadn’t fitted it with AC on the line, again difficult to retail new.

5490

1,819 posts

44 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
SidewaysSi said:
If they can't even stick a badge on correctly, what else can't they do?
It's one of the few things that is done by a human (with a jig that lines it up) so it's understandable if someone was having an off day, the disappointing thing is that it was not picked up at quality control.

I once saw an Citroen C4 with CITREON on the back, it was a double take moment as I thought that didn't look right. Looked like it came from the factory like that.

Also believe a PORCSHE was doing the rounds.

talksthetorque

6,451 posts

81 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
5490 said:
It's one of the few things that is done by a human (with a jig that lines it up) so it's understandable if someone was having an off day, the disappointing thing is that it was not picked up at quality control.

I once saw an Citroen C4 with CITREON on the back, it was a double take moment as I thought that didn't look right. Looked like it came from the factory like that.

Also believe a PORCSHE was doing the rounds.
That sounds like a bodyshop repair issue, rather than something that someone who worked for a manufacturer would do....

Bodyshop visits may also happen before it was delivered to the customer for the first time remember.....

Roo

11,300 posts

153 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
The KJ variant of the Jeep Cherokee is called a Liberty in America.

I had one turn up with a Cherokee badge on one door and Liberty on the opposite side.
It's alright though, you can only see one side at a time.

Another dealer had one arrive with one wheel arch extension, out of four, off of a completely different trim level.

WJNB

2,013 posts

107 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
CABC said:
i'd be very tempted to leave the 200 on there.
There's no way the poster will do that as his vanity will not allow it. Suspect the object of the posting was just to brag about his new rented machine, sorry I mean leased machine - same thing innit?

g3org3y

14,064 posts

137 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
WJNB said:
CABC said:
i'd be very tempted to leave the 200 on there.
There's no way the poster will do that as his vanity will not allow it. Suspect the object of the posting was just to brag about his new rented machine, sorry I mean leased machine - same thing innit?
Doesn't seem to be the case to me. Appears OP was more concerned whether there are other mistakes on his new car (which tbh is understandable).

RushDom

200 posts

40 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
I noticed this weekend that my dad's 3 month old Audi A6 only has an S Line badge on the passenger side. Weird...will be getting it sorted soon

Wooda80

1,347 posts

21 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
It's been going on for some time.

I can remember a customer factory ordering a new Audi A4 B5 model with a sunroof about 20 years ago. Audi kindly built and consigned it as an SE rather than standard model ( 16" wheels, Driver Information System, split fold seats and bright window surrounds on top iirc ). "Er, your new car has arrived. It's got a few other extras on it, no charge, hope you don't mind?"

The 2002 facelift A3 Sport model deleted the standard sunroof and added aircon instead, but the first batch of both stock and customer sold orders were built with neither.

Had a couple of different B6 A4s that had a random leather door trim insert or leather front centre lids where the rest of the upholstery was cloth.

And an XJ Luxury ( base model ) with seat memory buttons on the passenger door card when no seat memory was specced.

As Stu67 mentioned. lots of "ex-management" cars have odd specs where you think "why didn't they order the next model up instead" or sometimes just "why?!" Must be something to do with using up the committed number of seldom chosen options.

In the OP's case, it's a little known secret that when a substandard part is discovered on a production line those parts are thrown to one side in a big pile. When they have enough parts they make an extra "free" car out of all those parts, so it could be that he has got one of those. OP check your chassis number and if it starts WDB then take the car back and demand a refund.

iphonedyou

7,575 posts

103 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
Christ.

Jimmy Recard

15,692 posts

125 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
A friend had a brand new Range Rover Sport that had Range Range on the bonnet

Fastdruid

6,091 posts

98 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
RushDom said:
I noticed this weekend that my dad's 3 month old Audi A6 only has an S Line badge on the passenger side. Weird...will be getting it sorted soon
I'd check they aren't meant to be like that first. My Mondeo (well, not just mine, all of them) only has the engine size badge on the nearside/passenger wing.

Auto810graphy

232 posts

38 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
Have seen it a few times over the years, Citroen “Jumpy” rather than Dispatch but Vauxhall win, have had an Astra with an Opel steering wheel badge and a Vectra with colour coded side strips one side and textured black the other.


BenRichards89

181 posts

81 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all


... Driver's side B Post on my i30N laugh

Sten.

1,130 posts

80 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
WJNB said:
CABC said:
i'd be very tempted to leave the 200 on there.
There's no way the poster will do that as his vanity will not allow it. Suspect the object of the posting was just to brag about his new rented machine, sorry I mean leased machine - same thing innit?
Strange post. I think it says more about you than the OP.

John Laverick

1,703 posts

160 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
Years ago a friend bought a Vauxhall Cavalier that came with 'Cavalier' badges on both sides of the boot.

Richard-D

108 posts

10 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
Wooda80 said:
In the OP's case, it's a little known secret that when a substandard part is discovered on a production line those parts are thrown to one side in a big pile. When they have enough parts they make an extra "free" car out of all those parts, so it could be that he has got one of those. OP check your chassis number and if it starts WDB then take the car back and demand a refund.
Do this soon while you can still reject the car!

Chris944_S2

1,483 posts

169 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
talksthetorque said:
5490 said:
It's one of the few things that is done by a human (with a jig that lines it up) so it's understandable if someone was having an off day, the disappointing thing is that it was not picked up at quality control.

I once saw an Citroen C4 with CITREON on the back, it was a double take moment as I thought that didn't look right. Looked like it came from the factory like that.

Also believe a PORCSHE was doing the rounds.
That sounds like a bodyshop repair issue, rather than something that someone who worked for a manufacturer would do....

Bodyshop visits may also happen before it was delivered to the customer for the first time remember.....
Sounds like it.

When my C43 got rear ended, the repair included a new rear number plate among other parts.
The car's reg was V464GSH. For a few days I was looking at the rear thinking something was off but couldn't figure it out. Eventually I noticed they made a plate with V646GSH.

DIW35

3,973 posts

146 months

Wednesday 9th October
quotequote all
OP you’re not alone. My car didn’t have an E350 badge on the back either.