Dirty Cars Winter 19/20

Dirty Cars Winter 19/20

Author
Discussion

pingu393

3,593 posts

152 months

Wednesday 6th November
quotequote all
snoopy25 said:
fastbikes76 said:
So following the pic above of wife’s Touareg 60miles after a valet I decided to get it washed... again. So what happens... well the lads ex rings up in a muddle saying she’s stuck in a field. I ask how far in is she, around 2 meters she tells me .

Needless to say her car is smothered head to toe and ours, well it looks like a 4x4 should, again rolleyes

Best pics I could take in the dark earlier






Did you ask her what she was doing in the middle of a pitch black field? hehe
Did she remove the spot lights and roo-bars before you got there?

bluezedd

411 posts

29 months

Wednesday 6th November
quotequote all
S100HP said:
Not for me? All links in the original post work and all pictures are showing?
It will be something to do with the guy's computer/network. I have the same problem when accessing pistonheads at work where most photos don't show, but it works perfectly fine at home.

S100HP

Original Poster:

10,329 posts

114 months

Wednesday 6th November
quotequote all
bluezedd said:
S100HP said:
Not for me? All links in the original post work and all pictures are showing?
It will be something to do with the guy's computer. I have the same problem when accessing pistonheads at work where most photos don't show, but it works perfectly fine at home.
Ah. I've also got the photobucket fix on Chrome, although I doubt anyone hosts there these days.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobuc...

timbobalob

281 posts

189 months

Wednesday 6th November
quotequote all


Damn country roads hehe

irfan1712

916 posts

100 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all
Bit of an old one this, admittedly from Jan/Feb of this year.. only realised I still had the pic this morning.




Since then its been detailed and ceramic coated, so even if I tried to let it get this dirty I think it would take a lot longer lol

Nickbrapp

3,017 posts

77 months

Thursday 7th November
quotequote all



Kinda good effort considering there’s no salt about yet and this was washed about 3 weeks ago. Mainly just road grime

RammyMP

2,999 posts

100 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
I’ve been trying to st my car up, not washed it in ages, even had a bit of rallying across a muddy field but the rains washed most of the crap off. I’m a bit disappointed!

Nickbrapp

3,017 posts

77 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
RammyMP said:
I’ve been trying to st my car up, not washed it in ages, even had a bit of rallying across a muddy field but the rains washed most of the crap off. I’m a bit disappointed!
Same! I spend loads of time on the motorway 20k a year ish, and yet my cars always seems cleaner than all the other cars I see covered in salt, just don’t get it!

DailyHack

666 posts

58 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
Alot of these cars won't get dirty even if you tried your best, they are aerodynamically challenged.

You need an estate car or a hatchback with a flat rear end or lack of a overhang, to create low pressure - then the dirt will just stick to it like glue smile

My 3 series estate always needs it's bloody rear wiper on constantly in the rain or when there is spray, you can physically see the dirt sticking to rear window as the air is dragged underneath the car.

Edited by DailyHack on Saturday 9th November 14:26

Stussy

497 posts

11 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
Damp nights on a motorway in winter are best, lots of dirty water and spray from the days traffic sat waiting to stick to your car!
This was my old 330d, it was clean before this trip, which was a 400 mile run to Bristol and back late one winter night.
Yes, it had a working DPF, all of the black is from road grime!


DailyHack

666 posts

58 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
Stussy said:
Damp nights on a motorway in winter are best, lots of dirty water and spray from the days traffic sat waiting to stick to your car!
This was my old 330d, it was clean before this trip, which was a 400 mile run to Bristol and back late one winter night.
Yes, it had a working DPF, all of the black is from road grime!

And here is a perfect example of a 3 series with a dirty bottom! You just can't keep them clean with that shape on rainy damp road - good effort btw!

S100HP

Original Poster:

10,329 posts

114 months

Saturday 9th November
quotequote all
That's a fantastic entry. Love the red/sludge combo.

K50 DEL

8,035 posts

175 months

Sunday 10th November
quotequote all


10 minutes earlier this was clean......horses being kept a long way from the road being the culprit.

RammyMP

2,999 posts

100 months

Monday 11th November
quotequote all
K50 DEL said:


10 minutes earlier this was clean......horses being kept a long way from the road being the culprit.
Show off!

lukeharding

720 posts

36 months

Monday 11th November
quotequote all

zippyonline

308 posts

113 months

Monday 11th November
quotequote all
DailyHack said:
Stussy said:
Damp nights on a motorway in winter are best, lots of dirty water and spray from the days traffic sat waiting to stick to your car!
This was my old 330d, it was clean before this trip, which was a 400 mile run to Bristol and back late one winter night.
Yes, it had a working DPF, all of the black is from road grime!

And here is a perfect example of a 3 series with a dirty bottom! You just can't keep them clean with that shape on rainy damp road - good effort btw!
Yarp, they do that don't they! This is mine from a 400 mile round trip a couple of years ago and being vaguely clean beforehand.


Filthy E91 by Chris Reeves, on Flickr

I did Suffolk to Kielder Forest this weekend, I've got some aero looking dirt on the side of the car - I'll take a photo next time I see the car and it's light!

Jbeale96

405 posts

42 months

Monday 11th November
quotequote all
Starting to get somewhere:



It seems to have a dirt repelling finish, had it a year without washing it yet not once has it been threadworthy despite my best efforts!

Muddle238

1,479 posts

60 months

Thursday 14th November
quotequote all


Two months since the last wash. Making a bit of progress now although there's an itch to get a pressure washer on it!

Demelitia

56 posts

3 months

Thursday 14th November
quotequote all
Stussy said:
Damp nights on a motorway in winter are best, lots of dirty water and spray from the days traffic sat waiting to stick to your car!
This was my old 330d, it was clean before this trip, which was a 400 mile run to Bristol and back late one winter night.
Yes, it had a working DPF, all of the black is from road grime!

This is precisely why I can’t fathom people wanting to delete their rear wipers.

Davie

2,977 posts

162 months

Thursday 14th November
quotequote all


Mrs Davie put in a strong effort last year with several weeks worth of rural road based winter mud but this year she appears to have sub consciously raised her game and has been using her car for ploughing apparently...