RE: Audi RS6 Avant review | PH Video

RE: Audi RS6 Avant review | PH Video

Author
Discussion

TyrannosauRoss Lex

24,050 posts

162 months

MercedesClassic said:
I forgot to add the link but something like this. Even has the upgraded carbon ceramics. Being a hybrid maybe more tax efficient?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/2019...
The boot on these is nowhere near as big as the RS6's. Plus, it's a 4 year old car.

I for one am glad people buy brand new cars, it means that second hand cars are available. I wonder, when that Porsche was brand new would you have suggested a different car? If the original owner would have listened to that sort of advice it'd never have been bought, and therefore wouldn't be available smile


Tim bo

1,534 posts

90 months

Nezquick said:
Is there anyone else out there that just doesn't "get" these?

I honestly couldn't ever see myself wanting one.
Yeah, I've never got these either, the Audis in particular, or performance estates in general.

Doesn't matter how wide its wheel arches are, how many bhp exist under the bonnet, how aggressive its styling, an estate always looks to me like something your crusty old grandad uses to drive his crusty old dogs at 12 mph to the local park for a walk.

TyrannosauRoss Lex

24,050 posts

162 months

Tim bo said:
Nezquick said:
Is there anyone else out there that just doesn't "get" these?

I honestly couldn't ever see myself wanting one.
Yeah, I've never got these either, the Audis in particular, or performance estates in general.

Doesn't matter how wide its wheel arches are, how many bhp exist under the bonnet, how aggressive its styling, an estate always looks to me like something your crusty old grandad uses to drive his crusty old dogs to the local park for a walk.
Maybe people buy estate cars for their practicality rather than their looks?

Tim bo

1,534 posts

90 months

TyrannosauRoss Lex said:
Maybe people buy estate cars for their practicality rather than their looks?
Sure. Everyone buys their cars for a whole spectrum of different reasons.

Looks are high in the spectral order for me, which is why I wouldn't buy an estate as to my eyes they look like a grandad car. Other people have different aesthetic tastes and place higher import on other criterion for buying their cars; practicality being one of them. smile

Davey S2

12,167 posts

204 months

Nubiann said:
E63S - It would also get stomped by the RS6 in a cross country sprint;
Utter drivel.

Once you get to a certain amount of performance a few bhp makes no difference to cross country pace. Its down to driver ability and just how brave / stupid you're prepared to be on a public road.

Unless you live in Germany and use a lot of de restricted autobahns your morning commute would be no quicker in an RS6 than it would be in an RS4.

A_K

39 posts

81 months

If you can't see that the RS6 is basically about waving your cock around, then don't bother reading on.

If you can accept that, surely those you want to impress will think your cock is bigger if you wave a Porsche keyring around at the pub? I know you'd never do something so crass. You'd just casually put it on the bar ... and then subtly turn it over when you later realise it was facing down wink

And wouldn't you get a bigger hard-on if a Porsche logo was staring back at you from your steering wheel rather than those 4 rings that your neighbour's 18 year daughter also has on her A2? Or your hairdresser (sorry wife's hairdresser, forgot you were bald of course) has on their TT?

I love the look of the new RS6. I also wish I had a bigger cock. But if I really was going to get a practical car to go with my padded red silk underwear, then I'd go for a new Panamera. If image is most of what matters, put it first in your assessment criteria.

Edited by A_K on Friday 14th February 14:55


Edited by A_K on Friday 14th February 14:57

Nezquick

1,331 posts

76 months

Helicopter123 said:
Nezquick said:
Is there anyone else out there that just doesn't "get" these?

I honestly couldn't ever see myself wanting one.
I honestly think you should be over on mumsnet
You misunderstand me I think (they do on mumsnet sometimes too). I get the fact that they're an awesome piece of engineering and a stupidly fast way of getting your family/dog/bike/shopping etc around; I just don't like them.

Even with a lottery win I can't say I'd ever go and spend over £100k on an Audi estate, regardless of how fast it is. And then there's the worry in the back of your mind that you or your wife are going to get dragged out of it at gunpoint at some traffic lights in London or wherever.

Gitwhoismiserable

569 posts

73 months

A_K said:
If you can't see that the RS6 is basically about waving your cock around, then don't bother reading on.

If you can accept that, surely those you want to impress will think your cock is bigger if you wave a Porsche keyring around at the pub? I know you'd never do something so crass. You'd just casually put it on the bar ... and then subtly turn it over when you later realise it was facing down wink

And wouldn't you get a bigger hard-on if a Porsche logo was staring back at you from your steering wheel rather than those 4 rings that your neighbour's 18 year daughter also has on her A2? Or your hairdresser (sorry wife's hairdresser, forgot you were bald of course) has on their TT?

I love the look of the new RS6. I also wish I had a bigger cock. But if I really was going to get a practical car to go with my padded red silk underwear, then I'd go for a new Panamera. If image is most of what matters, put it first in your assessment criteria.

Edited by A_K on Friday 14th February 14:55


Edited by A_K on Friday 14th February 14:57
that's a lot of cock talk you seem to have a lot of interest in them rather than cars

TyrannosauRoss Lex

24,050 posts

162 months

A_K said:
If you can't see that the RS6 is basically about waving your cock around, then don't bother reading on.

If you can accept that, surely those you want to impress will think your cock is bigger if you wave a Porsche keyring around at the pub? I know you'd never do something so crass. You'd just casually put it on the bar ... and then subtly turn it over when you later realise it was facing down wink

And wouldn't you get a bigger hard-on if a Porsche logo was staring back at you from your steering wheel rather than those 4 rings that your neighbour's 18 year daughter also has on her A2? Or your hairdresser (sorry wife's hairdresser, forgot you were bald of course) has on their TT?

I love the look of the new RS6. I also wish I had a bigger cock. But if I really was going to get a practical car to go with my padded red silk underwear, then I'd go for a new Panamera. If image is most of what matters, put it first in your assessment criteria.

Edited by A_K on Friday 14th February 14:55


Edited by A_K on Friday 14th February 14:57
Your post is a bit of an oxymoron. I say that because if you initially the RS6 is about waving your cock, but then you go on to say, in a roundabout way, that it's more discreet and subtle compared to other cars. That last sentiment would actually suggest it's quite the opposite of waving your cock around.

I personally think your post is ridiculous, but there we go. Based upon your sentiments anything that is remotely exciting is just to show off. That new high end Porsche that's great to drive? That McLaren, that Ferrari etc etc. Nobody EVER buys them to actually enjoy them? Maybe you'd buy such a car to show off, but, surprisingly, people do buy nice cars to actually enjoy driving them.

Motormatt

256 posts

168 months

Tim bo said:
TyrannosauRoss Lex said:
Maybe people buy estate cars for their practicality rather than their looks?
Sure. Everyone buys their cars for a whole spectrum of different reasons.

Looks are high in the spectral order for me, which is why I wouldn't buy an estate as to my eyes they look like a grandad car. Other people have different aesthetic tastes and place higher import on other criterion for buying their cars; practicality being one of them. smile
Its great that we have a choice, aesthetically I'm the complete opposite. Maybe its a generational thing. I would always choose an estate over an SUV as to me SUVs just look like a school run/shopping car, less aesthetically pleasing than my fridge.

That said, this generation of RS6 has completely lost the subtle but menacing look that made previous versions so cool. It has just become an over-styled caricature of its self. For that reason I'd take an E63s which seems to strike the balance much better.




Baldchap

2,177 posts

42 months

Mr-B said:
Alpina B3/5? Far more subtle too.
So subtle that you can't look at them or test drive them. Salesman tried to put me in a 340i estate when I enquired. I'm meant to spend £65k on 'trust in the brand'. The one they could potentially get their hands on for me to buy unseen was a foul green and looked like a Rover 75 estate. I'm amazed they ever sell any. rolleyes



It would be OK if you were in your 60s, I guess.

Edited by Baldchap on Friday 14th February 17:00

Baldchap

2,177 posts

42 months

Funny how anyone who buys a Bentley SUV is simply wealthy and wants one but anyone who buys this at half the price and more performance is an idiot.

This place is confusing sometimes.

A_K

39 posts

81 months

TyrannosauRoss Lex said:
Your post is a bit of an oxymoron. I say that because if you initially the RS6 is about waving your cock, but then you go on to say, in a roundabout way, that it's more discreet and subtle compared to other cars. That last sentiment would actually suggest it's quite the opposite of waving your cock around.
Point taken to some extent. However my point was it's not at all subtle when it comes to estate cars in general. Therefore if you need an estate (why else would you buy a car that shape and size if it wasn't for the space) but feel the need to get one that is also aiming to have show off value, why not get the Porsche?

TyrannosauRoss Lex said:
I personally think your post is ridiculous, but there we go. Based upon your sentiments anything that is remotely exciting is just to show off. That new high end Porsche that's great to drive? That McLaren, that Ferrari etc etc. Nobody EVER buys them to actually enjoy them? Maybe you'd buy such a car to show off, but, surprisingly, people do buy nice cars to actually enjoy driving them.
Illogical conclusion. I am talking about super powered estate cars - which there are arguments for saying are a natural oxymoron in themselves. My assertion was that if you buy an *estate car* that is *excessively overpowered* then that's largely to show off. But if you think that the RS6 is not excessively overpowered that's your prerogative. I think an even more powerful McLaren, Ferrari etc or even Ford Focus ST are all not excessively overpowered. I can completely understand someone that buys any of those ... and takes them to a track to enjoy their potential.

Fit for purpose is not a phrase that springs to mind when looking at the new RS6. Cartoonishly pumped up is.

TyrannosauRoss Lex

24,050 posts

162 months

So a Ferrari or a McLaren isn't overpowered and the RS6 is? Right.....

Kasperoff

11 posts

179 months

jon-yprpe said:
The constant dilemma I struggle with driving in the UK is when would this have a purpose?

You can’t use the speed on motorways or most A A roads - bar very short blasts - and they’re too heavy and wide for B-roads, and frankly doing 100mph feels like 50mph in a very clinical and unexciting way.

I’m struggling with this - I sold my C63 after 10 months and bought the new diesel A6 because I just can’t get excited by uber fast ‘heavy’ cars now so I may as well be bored in a cheap fuel efficient car that looks nice. Sad, I’m really trying to think of what would excite me, but this isn’t it.
I’m with you in this. But i wound up almost figuring out who would buy one.

Like you, I have a diesel A6. I’m not bothered for a fast big car for the reasons you listed. I have a family and need the space. I’d much rather put some money into a weekend car to get my kicks. Lotus, Alpine, Caterham, Morgan or something like that. But I know full well that I’d never get the chance to go for the weekend blasts I think I would due to kids stuff all weekend, so I’m resigned to putting it all to one side for a few years until the kids grow up. That said, folk like me could cover all bases by buying a car like this!

popeyewhite

11,254 posts

70 months

TyrannosauRoss Lex said:
So a Ferrari or a McLaren isn't overpowered and the RS6 is? Right.....
C'mon no one thinks the RS6 is even in the same league as the supercars you mention. Even the Audi R8 isn't.

popeyewhite

11,254 posts

70 months

Baldchap said:
Funny how anyone who buys a Bentley SUV is simply wealthy and wants one but anyone who buys this at half the price and more performance is an idiot.

This place is confusing sometimes.
Anyone who buys a new Bentley SUV has too much money and too little taste.

Baldchap

2,177 posts

42 months

popeyewhite said:
Baldchap said:
Funny how anyone who buys a Bentley SUV is simply wealthy and wants one but anyone who buys this at half the price and more performance is an idiot.

This place is confusing sometimes.
Anyone who buys a new Bentley SUV has too much money and too little taste.
Referencing this: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&...

TyrannosauRoss Lex

24,050 posts

162 months

popeyewhite said:
TyrannosauRoss Lex said:
So a Ferrari or a McLaren isn't overpowered and the RS6 is? Right.....
C'mon no one thinks the RS6 is even in the same league as the supercars you mention. Even the Audi R8 isn't.
I was referring to A_K who said he thought the RS6 was overpowered, yet said he didn't find a Ferrari or McLaren so. I never said it was in the same league as those cars, quite the contrary in fact (hence I used them as an example).