RE: Ford Mustang Mach-E | Ridden

RE: Ford Mustang Mach-E | Ridden

Author
Discussion

NGK210

1,188 posts

103 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
Another EV that looks as if it was styled by team that never met - and none of whom were born with the gift of sight.
Why do EVs have to look gawky and ill-proportioned? Even the Taycan’s headlights / front-end is fugly.
Is it a consequence of crash regs?

Kolbenkopp

2,322 posts

109 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
NGK210 said:
Another EV that looks as if it was styled by team that never met - and none of whom were born with the gift of sight.
Another EV that's a SUV. Shame really. Either the things are slow or are SUVs. Only exception two Teslas and one Porsche.

Jader1973

2,363 posts

158 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
The GT version has a proper grille.

The name is a marketing exercise. It gets attention and comments, good and bad. Switching an existing model over to pure EV is a sales risk. So, better to have a brand new car, call it Mustang something and watch the net go mental.

GM are resurrecting Hummer for the same reasons.

I think this will do quite well for Ford.

hammo19

2,253 posts

154 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
They have killed the Puma name too......

Dave Hedgehog

12,908 posts

162 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
Kolbenkopp said:
NGK210 said:
Another EV that looks as if it was styled by team that never met - and none of whom were born with the gift of sight.
Another EV that's a SUV. Shame really. Either the things are slow or are SUVs. Only exception two Teslas and one Porsche.
SUVs are globally more popular, and the mustang is in the sweet spot for sales / profit per unit


NDNDNDND

1,134 posts

141 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
nickfrog said:
I think it enhances the Mustang brand. Ford decide what they do with it anyway.
Exactly. Imagine how many more Bolts GM would have sold if they'd called it a 'Corvette'!

Stupid of them not to really. They ought to 'leverage' the brand to reposition the Corvette as a small, electric family car.

I mean, who doesn't want a car that's called a 'Corvette' or a 'Mustang'? The name's the most important thing really.

nickfrog

12,639 posts

175 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
NDNDNDND said:
Exactly. Imagine how many more Bolts GM would have sold if they'd called it a 'Corvette'!

Stupid of them not to really. They ought to 'leverage' the brand to reposition the Corvette as a small, electric family car.

I mean, who doesn't want a car that's called a 'Corvette' or a 'Mustang'? The name's the most important thing really.
Sure, some people are influenced by the name, and some are primarily influenced by how well it fits their needs functionnaly. This sounds absolutely perfect for mine actually. Despite the name wink

NDNDNDND

1,134 posts

141 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
nickfrog said:
Sure, some people are influenced by the name, and some are primarily influenced by how well it fits their needs functionnaly. This sounds absolutely perfect for mine actually. Despite the name wink
So, what was your point about enhancing the brand?

swisstoni

9,593 posts

237 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
To those claiming sacrilege of a once proud brand, this was also a Mustang.
They were never all muscle cars. People just remember those more.



nickfrog

12,639 posts

175 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
NDNDNDND said:
So, what was your point about enhancing the brand?
Have a look at the pic in the post just below yours. Hope this helps.

Bobby Lee

28 posts

13 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
irocfan said:
you could argue that people should have thought the same when they started renaming footy stadia - what's there to be upset about, nothing's been destroyed....
Slightly O/T but people did and I’m sure if you know anyone who has been a football fan for a long time they’ll tell you about it (although it’s quite different to this scenario there are some parallels).

The football is probably better compared to the UK housing market now where the supply is local but the market is global. The profits are increased but (some of) the people the product was originally intended for are priced out. I guess whether that’s sad depends on your point of view.

Bobby Lee

28 posts

13 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
Rumblestripe said:
Emotionally attached? Bless.

Rumblestripe said:
Emotionally attached? Bless.
Mate. No need to be patronising. Consider this - if no one got emotionally attached to cars all of this would be pointless. Including this website and using any old name to sell new models.

I imagine there’s something you’d feel the same about or you wouldn’t be here.

J4CKO

31,723 posts

158 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
I dont get the "Killing the name thing", Ford nicked the name "Mustang" from some free range horses, Puma from big pussy cats and mid range sportswear.

Nobody gets an old Puma confused with a Mountain lion or some trainers, they dont confuse it with a Cougar which is another name for medium sized wild bitey pussies, or the Kuga which is a miss spelt version of Cougar, nobody goes on the pull and comes back with a mid size Ford SUV rather than an older sexually adventurous woman. Nobody goes to a Ford Dealerships for a Kuga and comes back with a Cougar Coupe from 1999 or a seventies Muscle car.

Its a Mach-E, which reminds me more of Wall-E than any Mustang, car companies will use any advantage they can to try and flog cars, sticking some Mustang style bits on an Electric SUV, well its not exactly like when they used to work out the cost of deaths due to fires in Pintos versus the cost of fixing them.


NDNDNDND

1,134 posts

141 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
nickfrog said:
NDNDNDND said:
So, what was your point about enhancing the brand?
Have a look at the pic in the post just below yours. Hope this helps.
Do the Mach-E is improving the brand because it's better than a car they introduced over 40 years ago?

Right-o.

eddharris

353 posts

151 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
big_rob_sydney said:
By that logic, I'm going to graft a Lambo emblem to my balls and see how I go pulling at the local...

Should work, no?
Based on your recent posts, I don't think what you have written on your testicles is the reason for the issues you may be having with the ladies.

nickfrog

12,639 posts

175 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
NDNDNDND said:
Do the Mach-E is improving the brand because it's better than a car they introduced over 40 years ago?

Right-o.
Not just that one!

It's just my view, live with it. And write to Ford to express your outrage.

big_rob_sydney

2,629 posts

152 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
eddharris said:
big_rob_sydney said:
By that logic, I'm going to graft a Lambo emblem to my balls and see how I go pulling at the local...

Should work, no?
Based on your recent posts, I don't think what you have written on your testicles is the reason for the issues you may be having with the ladies.
If you disagree with something, by all means mount a cogent argument. Being passive aggressive just marks you as a pussy.

Shame you cant partake in some humour though. You must be very bitter and incredibly fun to be around at parties...

eddharris

353 posts

151 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
big_rob_sydney said:
If you disagree with something, by all means mount a cogent argument. Being passive aggressive just marks you as a pussy.

Shame you cant partake in some humour though. You must be very bitter and incredibly fun to be around at parties...
I think I'm hilarious, not sure about being a pussy but I do like.....

I havent bought into the E thing yet so I'm not the target audience but I don't mind this, it looks great from some angles and not so great from others IMO. I do think the Mustang name is stretching things a little but I do understand why they'd do it.




nickfrog

12,639 posts

175 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
big_rob_sydney said:
Shame you cant partake in some humour though. You must be very bitter and incredibly fun to be around at parties...
I think a lot of people thought that about you following your hissy fit in the SUV thread Rob

big_rob_sydney

2,629 posts

152 months

Saturday 15th February
quotequote all
nickfrog said:
big_rob_sydney said:
Shame you cant partake in some humour though. You must be very bitter and incredibly fun to be around at parties...
I think a lot of people thought that about you following your hissy fit in the SUV thread Rob
Do I have a problem with SUVs? Yes.

Why? Because people buy things that block the view of trailing vehicles.

Why does this annoy me? Because choices other people make which are unnecessary impact me. There is very little in the way of need as opposed to want in these decisions.

Do you really want to get into it with me?

I'll pass for now on your "hissy fit" comment, and let you have the first shot without responding.